Posts by wings203

Goods station is pretty much a rail yard which involves a lot of freight movement.

Storehouse as far as I can tell... Is identical to a warehouse - simply where goods are stored.

Supermarket - not sure about American stores, but I think you're right with Walmart etc. A store which sells a range of items - ranging from food, household items, toiletries etc. A large variant would be Walmart for example, while a small variant could be a corner store that only sells fruit and vegetables.

Hope that helps :)

I've raised the point about max crew for mobile air and battalion chiefs in the past, so I'm glad it's been brought up again - see here.

Heavy rescue can actually hold a max of 4 as it stands :P

As for the platform - I'm not really aware of any that have room for 4 crew. Quints are another story though, hence the max crew is more!

I agree with increasing the mobile air crew count, as mentioned in the linked thread above :thumbup:

As I pointed out in my thread, I also believe the max crew for battalion chiefs should increase!

I'm yet to explore water units, so I'm not familiar with that mission haha :P

But as for stuck climber missions, it makes sense to just send an ambulance with the first round of responding units...

So I'll revive this thread a bit, but I'll give you an example:
    You get a Truck in a House Wall that originally has no patients listed. So you dispatch the required units, not including the ambulance since there is no need for it. However, once the call is just about completed, the patients pop up. By the time that the ambulance(s) arrive, the call is completed minus the patient treatment and transport(s). Instead of cancelling all units then redispatching the ambulance(s), I would find it beneficial to have an option to simply cancelling the fire/police apparatuses.

With the option to cancel ambulances, I think we should also have one for fire and/or police as well. I'm not disputing whether or not its an important update, but rather one that many might benefit from.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain any possible patients show up once the first unit arrives on scene? I don't think I have ever experienced patients showing up just before the call is completed... :D

I had a similar situation recently...

I've been purchasing police stations lately, and I had just the 1 to start with - in the centre of all my other stations. But then a fire mission spawned, where it wanted two or three police cars. And that mission was at least 20 minutes away :/ from the 1 police station I had.

Since then, I have purchased several other stations. Meaning such missions are no longer an issue.

But I do wonder... How come those missions were spawning when I didn't have a nearby police station? I don't seem to recall it happening to any missions when I was purchasing my first few ambulance stations. So is it normal, or not? :huh:

Adding to this topic... How come I'm not receiving the 'easter eggs finder' award?

It's saying I have found 0 of 10 eggs :huh: - yet I've responded to hundreds. Have I discovered a bug, or am I missing something?

I've only just started using them myself, but I find them very useful.

Particularly for setups that only have a small handful of stations, which have considerable distances between each one. The patrol routes can help reduce response times :thumbup:

Oh... Yes :)

But I was already aware of that function. What I'm after is a preview option as such when creating the routes. When vehicles are on the routes, you only see the path/route up until the next marker point. I'd like the ability to see the whole route at once, prior to sending the vehicles out :P

Thought I would suggest a couple new features that could be included in the patrol route section of the menu...

1 - an option to 'preview' your set route. Pretty much a fast-forwarded version of the actual route (within the menu, not the game) showing the path your vehicles will take, so that you can adjust markers appropriately if necessary. Not sure what sort of coding/scripting would be required here, but I think this would be highly beneficial. The ability to quickly check if your route is what you want, instead of having to watch a vehicle perform the patrol route, and then adjust it accordingly over and over again... :thumbsup:

Alternatively, you could simply provide a coloured path of your route, as the second feature suggestion talks about below.

2 - an option to see all your routes at once. A screen that shows all your routes in the form of the drawn path/route. Each patrol route would be shown in a different colour (specified through hex colour coding, colours generated randomly - no routes represented by the same colour). This would be extremely useful in making sure your routes don't unnecessarily overlap, in a quick and timely manner.

Let me know what you think of the two above ideas - if implemented, would you use them? 8)

Thought I would throw this idea out there...

Could we have the option to add a helicopter expansion to an ambulance station?

The helicopters in my area are based at an ambulance station, hence my suggestion. I'm guessing there are other setups across the world which are similar 8) Perhaps adding a 'ground vehicle/ambulance' expansion to a helicopter station is already possible? I'm presuming the answer is no, but cannot confirm either way.

At the end of the day, it's not a big deal if we have to build them separately. Just thought I would see what others think? :D

Putting the past dozen or so replies aside...

Keeping it nice and simple - I am glad to see such a unit implemented. It will fit very nicely into my current setup :)

Hopefully my explaining of this can be understood... :thumbsup:

I'll do a comparison with a standard mission (although the layout is a bit different, you should get the idea).

When scrolling through your vehicle list when dispatching for a mission, you see something like this bar across the bottom -

No matter how far down the list, you're able to constantly see the above options. Meanwhile for the staging area menu, it is something like this -
    Obviously we don't require nearly as many options for staging areas, but the 'dispatch' button is the issue. Unlike the mission screens... When you scroll, the dispatch button scrolls with the list. So you end up having a screen full of vehicles, but no 'dispatch' option in sight.

So the question is, could we have a little adjustment so that we can always see the dispatch button when staging vehicles?

It might seem like nothing to some, but it does get a bit annoying at times (for me at least :P ) when you have to scroll for miles* to see the word 'dispatch' again. Hopefully others are in the same boat as me!

*might be a slight exaggeration... :D

Acting as ALS? EMS rescues should not have the capability to transport patients.

I personally think if anything they should be able to treat patients, but certainly not transport them.
    ^ Although this might be currently possible... Not sure, as I am yet to purchase one :P

I too like to see features like this included. I say 'the more features the better, as long as it doesn't flood the game'.

With that being said, lets dive into your idea...

Would it be possible to have a recorded list showing of all of stations, units and personnel that are either name changed, transferred or deleted?

For RP and data log purposes?

Personally I wouldn't worry about name changes, and I see no use to it.

As for the other two - I am in support for those. Although, perhaps reword them? To give it a more realistic feel, the personnel could be listed under 'station transfers' and 'contract ended' for example? 8)