Posts by jshbrdall

May sound like a stupid suggestion, but possibly there could be a system, where you can buy a station/expansion/extra vehicle when you don't have enough cash and are unable to spend any earnt as the game takes it away from you until you earn the total amount? Do you think this could work?

Yeah I get that, however, from the series ‘SWAT’ on sky which I assume is semi-realistic or at least to my knowledge, American swat still carry out patrols, just as uniformed policemen. As I’m sure you’re aware, in the UK not every officer is armed, so it would be nice to allow armed vehicles to count as a patrol car, because if K9s can I don’t see a reason why not. K9s are like never sent to scenes unless they’re needed.

This may work, although when multiple ambos are needed, it's usually a building collapse, industrial fire, aircraft crash etc for fire or for police it's a riot or something. It's only for ambulance at the moment because some patients are discharged without transport so you could be sending 15 ambulances to a scene that only needs 10 with 5 enroute

Hi,

Just wondering, but why aren't swat cars counted as patrol cars? The police heli, motorbike and k9 count. Just wondering as in the UK, armed response vehicles can respond as patrol cars and do still carry out the same duties as normal police officers, just they are armed and have that capability of course. This would be a good idea, as in real life they would be dispatched if they were the closest asset.

So I cover London and Hertfordshire at the moment. In London. I look at the size of the station (realistic location) and guess what's in it, as no FOI lists what's in every station nor a wiki. And then I have a battalion chief at every station as a station/watch manager. In Hertfordshire, I found a complete list of what's in every station, so I work off that. In terms of MCVs and hazmats, I have one or two extras as they are needed, but that's just the nature of the game tbh; it's unpredictable.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone here knows about the UK callsigns for armed response vehicles located outside of London? I recently bought 1 swat SUV and 1 armoured carrier which will be CTSFO. I know the CT callsigns, but haven't been able to find any callsigns anywhere located out of London. I know London ARVs are all Trojan units with their callsigns, so was just wondering if anyone had dug any deeper. All FOI requests are turned down as they're active units. Also wondering if anyone has them specifically for Hertfordshire constabulary as that's the area all my police stations are in. Thank you!

has anyone else noticed that the price for a large fire station is now 300k and the price for a small fire station is now 150k? Is this just me or everyone and does anyone know why this has happened?

Yes, fire and police vans would be useful. High speed units would be useless, because in reality,they just use units further up a junction to corner them off. In the uk those cars are non-existent. Finally, there would be no need for the 4x4s, you just use skins and the K-9 units, well we have them just use skins once again.

While I agree , you can always adjust the maximum number of people that can go in a vehicle, except SWAT armored vehicle, I don't think it would be obstructive or a problem for any of us if this was implemented.

in the UK, we don't have battalion Chiefs. They're called station or watch managers. Depending on the fire, they either ride in the cab of the appliance or drive a car. It's either a Land Rover if it's a big incident and a command is needed, or an L4T which is a 4x4 tender which has a small water tank, hoses and some basic rescue equipment. It varies for stations. In London, they have typically 2/3 pumps per station with either a rescue unit or a ladder unit along with a station manager vehicle. Where as somewhere like Hertfordshire, they would have 1 pump and an 1 L4T as well as maybe a station manager vehicle. It's just the type of zone it is covering.

So in the UK we have technical rescue who deal with stuff like people getting stuck in trenches. They utilise rope rescue skills and other skill sets like animal rescue (other fire services in he uk have seperate units for this). Heavy rescue is a unit like squad in the US. It's a truck with little to no fire fighting capabilities. It's basically a truck filled with extra rescue equipment such as saws, small inflatable boats, car accident equipment. There's also river rescue but that's a whole new can of worms. HART teams are trained in USAR, so they operate alongside search and rescue units. If you were going to implement one, it would probs be best to use USAR, because technical rescue basicslly so he job of heavy rescue, you can just use different skins for it.

Recently created an alliance mission, i sent my large rescue boat and the mission wasn't satisfied with that, so i got my friend to send his fire boat and it still hasn't satisfied the mission. I have a boat trailer, do you think it wants that or have i found bug?

I am based in the UK and realistically, a battalion chief (station manager) has one member in and mobile air would have one (if its a van) or two if its a truck (max of three). They would be members from fleet maintenance i predict or firefighters based on a utility unit, trained in technical rescue or whatnot. If anyone wants to correct me feel free lol.

Yeah, i get your point. In real life though, whilst the police do their crash investigation, its not touched. Then highways agency swoop in and do their bit.

Hello, the alliance that i am in is mainly from the UK and here we have vehicles such as highway maintenance and traffic officers which are used on a daily basis.

They have a fleet of traffic officer discoveries and highway maintenance operate clean up crews from RTCs, tow truck services and road maintenance. Maybe, you could add like a utilities team, and the company and vehicles could be named whatever they wanted. The traffic officers could be deployed during road accidents to control the traffic flow, then the clean up crews could come after to clear the scene.

Hello,

I have recently bought heathrow airport fire station and trained all of my members in the ARFF crash tender course at the fire academy. It is a large fire station that i own. How do i buy said extension as said in aircraft fire trucks thread, that allows me to purchase this upgrade?