Posts by Barake

I feel bad I didn't snap a picture of this:

Ladder 21 (JFRD)

Ladder/Hazmat/ALS

I want one for the game. I will go by station 21 sometime this week to show you all a picture of this beast.

Firstly, I agree this should be added.

Secondly, this thread is pointless as the content team are already likely well aware of the community’s wish to see this implemented. You’ve even titled the thread “It’s that time again” which just sounds impatient and disrespectful to those who are working hard to fight for this and other features which will always take time to get sorted.

I’m sorry but although many of us want wildfire updates and improvements, spamming the forum is not the way to help move that along.

Thanks for your feedback. It was pretty pointless.

Since I joined this alliance, I have not been able to use the alliance hospitals or alliance member hospitals. I have (I think) checked for all the settings that might affect this, but to no avail. They guys have ensured their hospitals and the alliance hospitals are set to receive patients from alliance members. I think it's an operator error, something I did is preventing me from seeing them on the list. If it matters, this has been happening when my helos fly to their location and pick up patients. It's too far to drive an ambulance to.

Open to any suggestions.

Time to suggest that a wildfire station be added. It would just trigger wildfires and all those types associated with wildfire missions. Also, allow all the rural type fires; burning grass, leaves, etc also be handled by type 3 - 7.

Thanks and have a great day.

I must have been asleep at the switch but I just noticed the EMS Command/support vehicles. What is their use and have there even been missions set up for them? Thanks

Like Grubber I started using coins to build my stations and upgrade them. It is impossible to run the real-life units out of the stations since the game is based on the number of stations. My locations are as accurate as I can make them but what is in them is my discretion. I have a template I like to use for rural stations, urban stations, and those just assigned to wildfires.

Since the release of the Federal police, I have yet to figure out how to keep things semi-realistic and yet meet the mission requirements to allow the larger missions. Being creative in building Federal police you still run into the problem of having local police. Many of the higher paying missions require 8 police stations. No city or county in Florida has 8 FBI/DEA/ATF offices so what to do?

I have what I believe is a workable solution; Create dispatch centers to operate at different levels. For example; I would put the "federal" dispatch center in Tallahassee (State Capital) and assign all the federal police in the state to this center. The center would "look" at each of the other dispatch centers in the state and trigger missions based on mission requirements. There are counties that don't have 8 police/sheriff stations so the larger federal missions wouldn't trigger there, but in the major cities and high populated counties, the opportunities would exist. The coding might be difficult but I can still see it as a simple Boolean statement, Are there 8 federal police? Are there 8 police located in a local dispatch center with the required POI?

Thoughts?

I almost think some kind of switch that would make stations only generate certain calls. For example, I have stations that represent the Fl State forestry facilities. I only want the various wildfire vehicles there, Of course, I get non-wildfire calls out in the middle of nowhere because of that station being there. So if you had the wildfire extension and that switch, only wildfire-type calls would be generated.

In my area you see ER clinics going up. They are larger than the typical "urgent care" but smaller than a hospital. I am wondering if adding trauma to the clinic expansion might be doable?

I built a large fire station and spent coins to upgrade it almost max. I also have a couple of hundred crew there. Now I have a central location to transfer people from and storage for apparatus. I added the wildfire and ambulance so I could store them too.