Posts by Jason

Does anyone know what benefit this feature has?

[Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/31c6867aef96450975cf5356bf0697b8.png]

You get to it by clicking the resource type within a unit. The value is updated for all units of the same type (I have clicked Patrol Car and updated them all blue).

I cannot see what difference it has made as the units appear exactly the same with nothing appearing blue on the map?

It just seems odd of all things to add to the Police, as the helicopter is rarely used.

In the UK it costs £1,500 an hour to have it flying. Therefore it doesn't just get called to everything.

The number of calls it would be used on are rather limited to a small handful. There would be better use of armed police, dog units, anti-social behaviour units etc. Presuming the missions are then made to fit.

Additionally, there is no job (at least in the UK) where a helicopter is an actual requirement. It's extremely useful but it's never a case that a job is impossible to complete without it. Missing persons can have searches done on foot with trained POLSA (Police Search Advisor) teams, with dogs etc. Having a helicopter speeds this up as it can cover some ground but doesn't bring the job to a halt. Offenders on scene for a burglary can be contained again by alternative units but a helicopter can help cover this.

I get the impression the developer works alone and is not interested in receiving developer support from others? I'm sure there are many who are willing to help however it all seems to fall down to Sebastian to do something. While I appreciate it's his game, as for an expanding online game it will need the additional support.

The addition for missions appears to be just creating an array of data as you would see it in the 'mission help' screen. I imagine creating new units is the same and perhaps a little bit of scripting inbetween.

I was about to spend £40 or so on coins, however baring the information that the developer has no interest in listening to players I cannot see my money investing well. I was under the impression the money would go into paying for the time to be spent on improving the game, however as it appears to be going into the back pocket of a disinterested sole developer I'll spend my money on a sufficiently better managed game. Thanks.

Can't say I've noticed the issue past few days. I've not had any time outs anymore. If I do get one I'll note any error codes, although from what I recall my browser didn't give one, but I imagine it being a HTTP 408 timeout.

That's good. Thank you.

We currently working on several new things for EMS & POLICE which has been stated multiple times in forums and on our facebook page. Please make sure you read through them to find out what we have coming up. Thanks again

Looking forward to what's soon to come :)

As I've mentioned before. Allow people to create their own missions and define the resources required, as well as providing some flexibility on the units too; you have yourself a fool-proof game that can be adapted to any country in the world. There's no reason to have it limited to one country and it's needlessly reducing the number of people in the potential market. If I can go through a list of missions and filter UK based ones and add them to my game removing any US ones then to me I have myself a UK dispatching simulator. Someone looking at your product from France sets up French based missions and places stations in his French Town with his French vehicles will, to them, have a French dispatching sim. For now that is only half possible but has the potential to be better.

Simply put; open up the game so players have a choice and the game will be used by more people and gather more interest.

Every emergency service game either targets the American theme or occasionally the German theme with no flexibility. This game is capable of being far more flexible. The simulation market is saturated with games based around these two countries and really does close off interest. I can understand games where you have lots of 3D models, cities, vehicles it's a challenge to cover all however your web based application is just code. The actual outcome of a sandbox setup game can be interesting if left in the hands of talented users. Just take a look at the vehicle icon packs uploaded.

People create UK based mods for other games such as GTA, ARMA3, EM4 etc which fulfilled the interests of many UK based players because it's a niche area of game play - and it appeals to a LOT of players and is popular.

If work is being done to expand on areas of the game, why not work on opening this up so your target market isn't just one country. The fact I can edit my Icon's and setup my game so I am playing with UK units makes this interesting for me. If I could not do this I probably wouldn't play and I imagine the interest would not be there for the majority of UK players who play your game if what is available wasn't there. Expand on the flexibility and customisation and you have yourself a cracking online game.

Thanks all for the replies. It's a shame the game relies on the fire side of it. In the UK the fire services makes up less than 10% of all emergency calls made on 999. Therefore the demand is higher up with police and ambulance.

I have now got a new fire station and have 3 calls maximum rather than two. Thus supporting what someone said earlier; number of fire stations + 1

Hmmm okay.

I've got;
    - 1 police station, 2 police cars
    - 1 ambulatory station, 2 ambulances
    - 1 fire station, 2 fire engines
    - 1 hospital with general upgrade

I'll get a mix of calls but never more than 2. Seems awfully slow.

I'm used to dealing with 50-80 incidents amongst 30+ resources in real life so it would be nice to speed it up a bit. I'll try purchasing a new fire station to see if that helps

Now have an ambulance station, fire station and police station. Peaks at two jobs. Mission speed on highest possible, left the game 15 minutes.. returned and just two outstanding jobs.

I'm being told by more than one person that isn't right?

Edit: var mission_count_max = 2; is still shown in the code.

The more you build the more calls you will get.

I've been told that the algorithm behind it is

Max Calls = Number of stations + 1

Thus I should have 3 calls as I have one fire station and one police station. Is that correct or is two the correct number of calls currently?

So, rather than people suggesting to you the individual calls to be added, why not allow for users to create their own missions, then perhaps publish them for people to select/enable for their game.

A form to create them consisting of name, resources required, any POI's it covers, type of roads it would occur on (motoway/highway, et), how complex it is, (to determine the time it takes and money; you wouldn't want the money to be defined as it could be abused). This way people can pick missions to suit the area they have better. I'm sure all places around the world work differently and have different calls.

Ultimately the more means of customisation the larger the game will appeal to more users in my opinion. If all the missions I played were more British orientated and full of variety (imagine the number of missions that would be available if people done this).

The game has a good core with a great number of features, especially for customisation already. It just seems a step in the right direction to expand on this and add some variety, without putting a huge amount of pressure for developers to fullfil requests for specific missions!

On and off. I'll start logging times when it happens if that's of use but last night it was 50% of the time. Being 5-10 mins before coming back for 5-10 mins

When does the mission limit of 2 increase?

I've got mission on Fast speed. Two fire resources, 2 police resources. No matter what I'm stuck with 2 jobs at the most. Pretty much as one finishes another starts.

Plus, is there any documentation that answers questions like this? I couldn't find any.

I thought I'll see if there is a limit implemented and noted a variable specifically saying a limit (var mission_count_max = 2;) - I don't want to have to start editing it to see if it changes as it might break something, however I can't see anywhere else I can define this currently?

I'm not saying the cars need to start going 140mph as it's not often they do get that speed due and I am aware this is a game. However if the pace can be increased a little bit that would be appreciated. I had an appliance going back to the fire station and a police car going to a call and they never really separated from each other.

Not mad at all. That is the maximum permitted speed an Advanced driver can drive in Kent Police, the force I work for. I've been in a vehicle when it's hit such speeds. You can see a video from a police car hitting 140+ here, from about 1 minute 2 seconds.

(

)

And it took me 10 seconds to work out the speed. Simple maths if you know the distance already.