Posts by Nick Fontana

I agree, it'd be good to have 1 or 2 pumps taken back for controlled burning for maybe 5-6 hours or so. As for brush trucks, a type 2 is essentially just that.

Hey all,

It was only yesterday that I had a major fire and realised that something needs to be done about fire engines and sending them to other stations to cover their area.

It would be fantastic if the developers could implement a feature where by if a fire appliance had left, say, Uckfield Fire Station, one from Crowborough could drive (not on emergency lights) to their station and sit in their bay, that way, if there's a call in Crowborough then they're prepared. That's how it's done in real life if a lot of units are out on a job.

That could also be added to alliances, so if the county next to me had a resource intensive job, a gas fire for example, then some of their stations could potentially be low on resources. I could send a fire station from Wadhurst, for example, up to another member's fire station in Tunbridge Wells. That could ping a request over, and they can choose to accept it and let my fire engine cover their ground, or they can choose to leave it as it is, or send one of their own.

I'm not sure how easy it'd be, but I can tell you now that it's something member's want, at least in our alliance. It's a huge part of firefighting activity over here in the UK, and retained firefighters are often paged from home to cover another station while they deal with a job. How about a bonus of 500 credits each time you cover someone else's station, along with the credits from the job that the covering station is attending; this way there is some incentive to work as a team,communicate and help eachother. I'd feel it would really be something we'd benefit from, as well as making the game much more immersive and involving.

What do you guys on the forum think? :) :( ??

Cheers,

Nick - Admin for 999 RESPONSE, COVERING EAST SUSSEX AND WEST SUSSEX FIR & RESCUE SERVICE.

The ability to change the icons is undoubtedly something we all take for granted, however, if I'm being picky then there's one little run in with them: if you are, for example, building in two different areas, that use different skins, liveries, or designs for example, then there is no option to change that, and all pumps will have the same design.

Is it possible to allow for a 'custom icon' option on each individual vehicle? That way, different services can use their different skins, while still obviously both being a type one fire engine.

For example, I'm covering East and West Sussex in the alliance, however they both use different designs of livery, and also different appliances. If I could create a West Sussex and East Sussex set of icons, then I could have East using an East Sussex design, with West Sussex using theirs.

Another advantage would be to make vehicles appear realistic. At the moment, Crawley Fire Station has 2 WrL, 1 L4T, and 1 HRT. The HRT (Heavy Rescue Tender) is basically a pump with a crane on the back, used at RTCs and similar incidents. In game, I've assigned that vehicle as a Type One Fire Engine, because it still goes to normal incidents from time to time. If we had the ability to set custom icons, I could differ the icon and make sure that each vehicle was icon specific to allow for ease of recognition and enhanced realism within the game. After all, it's in the small details right?

I understand that there are lots of improvement requests, as this game is getting a decent following, and has a lot of potential.

Thanks in advance,

Nick :thumbup:

I'm sure other people have been posting about the expensive fire station prices.

Once you get to another fire station past 20 or 25, the price continues to rise to build new ones. I can only imagine it's so people end up buying the coins as they stay at 30, and the developer gets more money. Really??

It gets ridiculous, why not make them a little more expensive, not nearly triple each time? People spend the money and work hard to get the stations, only to be punished by making them more expensive?

PLEASE fix this. .

Hi all,

Just wanted to pitch forward an idea for those of you who play super realistically.

I know that around the world the world there are different types of fire station in terms of staffing. Volunteers, wholetime, day crewed etc etc..

I notice that there's an option to delay certain appliances and can disable them between certain times, BUT, is there a way to delay them between certain times?

I ask because of a lot of Stations in the UK are Day Crewed, meaning they have staff ready to mobilise immediately during the day, then in the even they have to come from home, kit up and then mobilise.

My local station has full appliance staff in it between 0900 and 1800, after that, all of the incidents they attend means their pager goes off and they come from home, kit up and turnout. An in game feature where instead of either running the appliances as Status 2, or Status 6 between certain times, we could have them delayed between certain time, would be really fantastic.

I'm sure that must be a way that stations are run in the US too? Being that it is only an option, I can't see it being an issue.

Other than that, I'm enjoying this game a lot, and keep up with the good work.

I appreciate there's only a number of developers, so it's a lot of work and probably incredibly frustrating, but the more work that goes in and the better and more advanced this game becomes, the more people will join in to play, show some attention to the game and help out!

Happy playing everyone, and enjoy the game!

Nick :P :P :thumbsup:

What we need is realistic limits. An ALP or 'Ladder Truck' for you Yanks ;) - would be limited to about 60-65mph, but really it could only ever do that on a long straight road. In East Sussex, our normal pumps will hit 85mph, with out Road's Policing Units BMW's going upto 155mph. Our bog standard response cars alone will even do 140mph.

As Jason said, it's rare for them to hit the speeds, but in a game we should see police cars overtaking pumps on blues etc, we can't have everything crawling along! Even if it's just an editable file or option in game where you limit each vehicle's speed.