Posts by OldhamCountyDispatch

Good Afternoon all,

My idea of attributes is an optional expansion on the “own vehicle type” option, which I’ve personally found incredibly useful when building A&R regulations. I personally like to send supporting engines with most my special appliances (an engine with hazmat trained personnel to support a hazmat unit), and therefore use the own vehicle type “Hazmat Support”.

The only issue with this system is it’s only possible to have one own vehicle type per unit, so with heavy rescue units which also carry/tow a boat, I can’t have “Rescue Support” & “Water Rescue Support”, which messes up the A&R a little. This is going to become a bigger issue in light of the new update, where units will be able to serve multiple functions based on the equipment they carry.

My proposed fix to this is based off the system we use in my rl Fire Departments dispatch system, which has attributes for each unit. In missionchief this could be underneath own vehicle type, and doesn’t necessarily need to show anywhere other than the edit vehicle page, with the option to type in as many separate attributes as necessary. Then on the A&R page when building responses there will be a tab for attributes, which is more or less the same as the own vehicle type tab currently.

In simple terms, it’s exactly like own vehicle type, but you can have multiple of them per unit. This will make it much easier to build A&R regulations and have the correct units responding.

Hope that makes sense, if there’s any questions let me know!

OCD

Hi all,

Just a thought... I've noticed Air Ambulances don't count as Ambulances on the Australian server, unlike the American server where they do. I think it would be a good idea to count Air Ambulance as Ambulances, especially when you consider how remote rural Australia can be. I'm using Royal Flying Doctor Service as Air Ambulances, and flying to remote towns where they meet Intensive Care cars to transport patients to towns & cities. I think it'd be a lot more realistic to therefore count Air Ambulances as Ambulances, instead of then having to send both, and waiting hours in some cases for land Ambulances to arrive.

Thanks!

NTNorthernTerritory