Posts by TokyoFireGuy78

Discord for the Alliance is up. Will be adding new channels and features in the following weeks.

PM for link to the discord if interested in joining the alliance.

Also will be creating posts on the forums with info concerning the FDNY, NYPD, and FDNY EMS and hiw to translate that into into Mission Chief.

It is a fact that fire departments acquire apparatus because of their environment and needs. Maybe the cities streets are narrow so they purchase a tiller truck or maybe they need a more versatile truck to handle various calls then they purchase a quint. Or the department may need a more rigid role for the truck on the scene of a fire. Give it a bucket and a monitor at the tip for elevated attack on a fire.

What can be added is a Tower ladder, and a tiller ladder truck. The regular platform truck can stay as the "normal" aerial truck.

Fort Worth Fire Department's Truck 1 would be considered a Tower Ladder because of the bucket at the end.

LAFD Truck 95 is a tiller due to the main body being pulled by the cab with a driver in the rear steering the back tires.
    The point is there are many types of ladder companies for many different reasons. But in mission chief, I see a need for a more varied ladder truck. Yes, I know I am asking for something that seems redundant. But,like the type 1 and type 2 engines it can be labeled and created as ladder companies only. It certainly adds more realism and variety to what environment or mission type any fire department finds itself in.

I hope this would at least be looked into a future update since it inst all that important game play wise. But to many wanting to add variety or realism in to their games, this would certainly deliver.

The SUV that drives the boat in my department could technecaly be considered a utility. It carries the dive equipment that couldn't be fitted on the boat(suits and scuba gear). I would assume most trucks that pull the boat have additional equipment for the dive team/ swift water team.

I would assume that they would take their role of firefighting. Weather it would be a shipboard fire or a fire on shore. It can also assist firefighters in land with pumping water if a reliable water source is a problem for units.

honestly, as long as it means I can get my boat stations with my standalone fire and rescue boats I don't mind. If it has to go in a straight line then so be it.

Japan has very specialized vehicles so that they don't run them ragged like most departments in the US do. They stay rigid with their vehicles capabilities so that means they have more rigs with less mileage on them than their US counterparts where we try to make a regular engine multi-role.

@PortuguesDC that is what I have done with every fire department I have made in the USA. The main problem I am having with tokyo is that I can't identify different apparatus in pictures, at least not yet.

@letsgohope12 true, but I am asking to see if such a list exists. With departments in the United States it is easy to find both stations and apparatus on the departments website. Tokyo Fire Departments website is hit and miss. Some stations will post apparatus while others won't.

Wikipedia is nice and all but I am looking for specific information like location of stations and apparatus assaignments. Also trying to see if there is a rescue engine like vehicle Tokyo uses.

I was wondering where I can find reliable information on tokyo fire departments stations and apparatus. Their website is okay but it doesn't tell you the apparatus for every station.
    What are the types and purpose of different apparatus the Japanese use? Like the chemical truck and the squad platoon?

Also what are fire brigades? Are they supplementary to the fire department in times of need?

Firstly I want to say that I love the game but I want to throw some suggestions for additional units.

Rescue boat: boats for swift water or dive rescue situations for calls such as person drowning, vehicle in water, sinking ship or ferry, occupied home flooded, and so on.

Fire boat: for fires along or in a body of water. For calls like boat on fire or a fire along a waterfront. Maybe a call like pier on fire.

Foam units or a chemical engine: industrial fire fighting is full of them because foam foam and more foam is what's effective for fuel fires. Can be used for plenty of existing calls like unknown tanker spill, industrial fire, gas station fire plane crash (since they do supplement ARFF apparatus in some departments)

Brush truck/type 6 engine: a small apparatus crewed by 2-3 usually mounted on truck frames used to go off road to fight grass/brush/ forest fires. Many departments use these and they can be used for many of the smaller fires in game that they are made to handle. It should be in a desperate category from engine to distinguish it while dispatching.

EMS Supervisor: acts like a fire chief for EMS calls with multiple patients. The fly car can be used as one for now but it acts more like a non transport EMS unit than a supervisor.

Police supervisor: who doesn't love the salty police sergeant who greets everyone with a grunt? The police supervisor will act as a patrol- supervisor on calls since they can do the grunt work as well as command the scene as more units arrive.

More space on the platform trucks would be a big help too since in the department I worked for there was enough space for 6.

The FDNY Roleplay Alliance is made for fans of the greatest fire department in the world who wish to work together acting as different battalions, divisions, or entire boroughs, in major events. The plan is to have each member recreate New York City's emergency services so that members can play as different units in weekly events. Some members may even act as dispatchers to make weekly events more immersive.

The only thing required is that every member recreates the New York City's emergency services true to life. Even if you only have one station at the moment, you can still join as long as you plan to build the entire department.

So if your looking for a realistic experience as an first response commander in America's largest city, dont hesitate to send a request!

If you have any questions about the alliance and what we plan to accomplish please feel free to message me in game.

while I do like the idea, in reality, insertion by helicopter is rarely used. In a SWAT incident in my hometown yesterday Fort Worth came to assist my cities SWAT and PD. They arrived by using their SUVs.
    And I don't know how that would be complimented in game since there seems to be no system to transport units in vehicles other than their own.

Texas Emergency Services is made to bring efficient emergency and disaster relief to all areas of the lone star state. Our primary goal is to recreate all major departments and then to expand to the more rural areas. Wish to bring a sense of teamwork and community by working together closely.
    We will have daily or semi-daily alliance missions and weekly events.
    For more information, PM me or visit the Alliance page.
    Hope to see y'all soon!

In my department we usually send the engine and a medic only and that is usually good enough we have the equipment we need on the engine for most extracations. If we need more we would get our ladder and then maybe if we need more special equipment we will use our rescue (out of the three times a year we use it).
    Modern American fire engines are being made to be more flexible to handle a variety of emergencies without sending extra resources.

I saw that one mod said that they are beefing up police and EMS before doing anything else to fire. What new vehicles should we expect for the two branches. Maybe detectives, K9s or mass casualty vehicles?
    What vehicles would you guys like to see come along on mission chief?

In mission Chief it is difficult to have a single apparatus that has multiple purposes in real life. Such as a rescue/hazmat vehicle like Fort Worth's Squad 2 or like a department vehicle that I know personally that is a rescue, hazmat, and a mobile air unit.
    Maybe in mission chief you can combine at maximum, three types special vehicles into one apparatus which will cost more due to the special order.
    Just throwing an idea out there