Hello from a noob

• G'day everyone!
    Unbelievably only a few weeks ago I was thinking an idea such as this, would be an awesome game.
    And here it is!

I'm a struggler when it comes to computer things, so I will no doubt struggle at times.
    Also due to RL I won't get a chance to dive into the game for a few months.
    I have been trying to find rules for it, but havnt found any, so I'm only able to work stuff out by finding chats and vague google search results.

I will almost certainly play this as single player, so I doubt I will be involved with any alliances.
    I also want to play this as realistically as plausible, as no doubt I bet most will. So my comments are based from that logic, rather than 'game play, or strategy'.

I would prob play as EMS, but that requires a hospital, so I'm happy to start with Fire.

I have some thoughts/questions to contribute:
    - can I use Fire service responses as medical First Responders?
    The case still requires an ambulance, but the time-requirement is catered for by the arrival of a First Responder unit.
    - is there a way that I can remove the scripted response requirements? I don't want to be told what to initially respond, I want to act as per my local matrix, not a generic script.
    I do obviously accept that calls for further resources from units once on scene as a realistically plausible requirement.
    - in early stages, I won't have the resources of my real local system.
    I'm guessing the game relies on Alliance member support for this. Im guessing I won't have that as single player.
    Can I instead run a tab, costing me points for resources required to complete a case so I can resolve them. I pay the tab off by deducting cost from points balance or doing more subsequent more routine cases?
    - is there a way to open all possible plausible mission/call types? (Assuming some are locked).
    Random cases generated throughout my map, not just at landmarked sites?
    Many varied call types are a feature of emergency services, I hope I'm not initially condemned only to bin and car fires!
    - initially, I only get 1 (Fire) truck when I buy my station, correct?
    Can I buy stations & trucks separately?

Thanks for hearing me out. Looking fwd to your comments in reply.
    I'm looking fwd to this game, modifying it to suit my local systems resulting in a plausibly realistic portrayal of day to day activity, so I will no doubt chip in with more thought, ideas and dramas I encounter.

Cheers to all.
    Steve. :)

• I'll try to answer most of your questions... Let me know if you require any further explanation :thumbup:

1. Yes you can send fire units to medical related calls, but they will only treat the victim to a small amount - an ambulance is then required to complete and/or transport the patient. Once all necessary units are on scene, the mission will continue.

2. Each mission requires particular units, which can be seen on the 'possible missions' page in the bottom right of your screen. You can also view 'mission requirements' on each mission/call screen (also located in the bottom right). You could always send what your local service would, then it will tell you what you actually need once that unit arrives on scene.

3. In the vehicle purchase menu, it states what vehicles are needed at a particular number of stations - refer to this especially when you're first starting. Each new station you get should unlock a few more missions. The number of missions you get at one time relies on the service with the most stations +1 (so if you have 10 ambulance stations, you will receive a maximum 11 calls - 10 +1).

4. There is an option to finish a call with coins (received when levelling up in ranks, or through real money donations, events etc) - I wouldn't personally go using them all up. If you don't wish to spend these, the mission will automatically go away after 3 days I believe.

5. As I mentioned earlier, missions are unlocked based on what and how many stations you have. Refer to the 'possible missions' page.

6. Yes, lots of calls will generate at random places. Some calls require the player to place 'landmarks' (or POI's is what the game calls them).

7. At the start, there are a limited number of missions - but certainly more than just car and bin fires! As I said, different missions will become available once you get more stations built.

8. When buying a station, you generally have the option to select what 'starting vehicle' you have (you typically have a few options). Ambulance stations all start with ALS ambulances however, and police stations all start with a police car. And yes, you can buy all vehicles separately through the vehicle market (located on your station info page, towards the top).

Hope that provides enough help for now - enjoy the game :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!