AUS Extension Help

• This is a query/issue from the AUS server but I need help from the UK/US community as well.
    Okay this is going to be a long one. And EMS has heard this before from me.
    So last night I bought extensions in 3 ses stations for flood rescue. The stations were Echuca, Moama and Rochester. Now this is where it gets interesting. The first mission I got that required a new vehicle was a moderate house flooding in Traralgon. Which is 380km away from Echuca. Now Traralgon is just a standard station with no extensions bought. 3 hours of travel to complete the mission.
    Now this also happened when the riot police/ senior sergeant content was released. I only started with extensions in Echuca and surrounds and ended up with missions spawning 200km away.
    This was because they spawn at any ses or police station under your dispatch Center as I have it covering the whole state of Victoria.
    My next point takes us to bushfire extensions.
    When you buy extensions for fire stations, these bushfire missions will only spawn around a fire station that has the extension.
    So when I bought extensions for Echuca/Moama and Echuca village, these missions would only spawn around these stations, not 200km away like the above mentioned.
    You would have to buy more extensions throughout your dispatch Center to spawn bushfire missions in a different area.
    Whatever code was used for the bushfire extensions/missions and airport extension/missions also only generate at a station with an airport extension. So I’m trying to work out why it’s different for riot/senior sergeant and the new ses extensions.
    Otherwise players are going to loose a lot of interest if they continually have to send vehicles 200km away to a mission that has spawned not around the station with the extension. And spend endless amount of credits and coins just to try and finish a mission in a decent time.

Shouldn’t these missions be spawning in an area where the station has the extention?
    Has either US or UK come across this issue as well? or is it just restricted to the AUS server?

Thanks in Advance

• This is a repeat of the Riot Police debacle in that you do an extension in 1 or 2 stations within a Dispatch Centre region and missions will then spawn anywhere across that region regardless of where assets are located. To prevent that from occurring you have to disable the expansion until you can build more expansions to get the coverage (please note 12 months down the track and Riot Police are still disabled because of the volume police stations).

How ever with the Bushfire expansion missions only spawn around the station with the expansion which is the way it should be. The code used for this expansion should be applied to the new SES expansion as well.

To help contextualise this under international treaties etc Australia’s Search and Rescue resources (Land, Maritime and Aviation) are responsible for just over one tenth of the Earth’s surface down to as far Antartica. So coding an expansion to be one in all in becomes very problematic when you have large numbers of stations in each region.

• Corbz3

Changed the title of the thread from “AUS Extention Help” to “AUS Extension Help”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!