Posts by SirHiggins

I'd like to ask a favor from our kind community :)

Since i'm not publishing my stuff ingame, i don't have any feedback how many players use my graphics.

If you're using any of these, and you will be so kind and put a reaction to this post it'll be appreciated.

cheers,

Sorry to be pedantic, but Glasgow Airport is the only one capable of routinely accepting Code F passenger aircraft. Prestwick could, but its terminal is tiny so all it gets are some Ryanair 737s. The airfield is big enough at Prestwick though, but it's mostly cargo and military that go in there.

As for Edinburgh, it's tiny. Code E only, not F. I can't find any references to a Code F ever landing there - the taxiways are too narrow and the stands aren't designed for them. For the purpose of this game however, I would classify Edinburgh as "large" to get bigger missions as they do still routinely have 777s and 787s.

Can you pls give me some hints about Newcastle and Carlisle?

Which CAT and how should their setup look like?

So this requirement is some kind of game-technical stuff, not IRL connections?

Btw have you got any info about Newcastle and Carlaisle airports?

Anything could be useful, im quite blind on this.

thx

As VICFire has said, I don't understand the question?

If you mean to ask why the HART base requirement is higher at 2 then this is because of the resources required for the missions.

The resourcing follows the PDA for the Ambulance Trust I work for and in order to meet this it's suggested players need a minimum of 2 HART stations.

There's a lot of missions already in the game not requiring more HART stuff than some 2xHART based airport missions btw.

We can’t make content that works for 100% of players. The majority of locations in the UK have at least two HART bases. Ultimately it is the players choice to choose their play area, if they play realistically or not, and if players want to play realistically then they should build HART bases further away. For example for my setup I can have HART travelling 150 miles to jobs because they are the nearest team and I have bases way outside of my coverage area. Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh are the main airports in the UK and all of these have sufficient resourcing around them to makeup all the requirements. Other airports outside of those listed, it will be down to the individual players to work out how they want to proceed and if they want to build the airports

It wasnt a complaint btw.

I dont want to build bases out of my area: i dont want to deal with the missions generated by those stations out of my patch.

And my HART still travelling a lot even now, the only base is in Newcastle... travelling up to the Scottish border, or over to Cumbira

could be quite a fun :)

Not an issue, but these things now adding up: hart, CG helis, now this. You always have to wait hours for a specific unit to be available,

and send it again to another long run :/

With regards to the Aviation Firefighting Extensions and Airfield Operations Extensions, we are looking to get these reduced to one each as it's (I believe) only Manchester and Heathrow that have two fire stations - and any airfield with a seperate Operations building will have just one as there's not the demand for more. As for HART, that will remain as it is. The vast majority of airports in the UK have two HART bases within a reasonable distance so we have had to cater for them rather than the very very few that are near none or one. I'm sorry to those that this doesn't quite work for - I suggest either coming up with a workaround, or sadly leaving out those little airfields in the middle of nowhere.

I won't have time to properly test this until the weekend at the earliest as I'm very busy with work - although some people may call this a busman's holiday. I know this update isn't seamless - but we have worked on a short timescale and with a language barrier between ourselves as subject matter experts and the developers who actually have to put our words into code and then release out to you guys.

I will do my absolute best to answer every question and query in due course if I can.

Newcastle is not a small airport in the middle of nowhere.

Just sayin' :D

Ok... maybe in the middle of nowhere, but still not small :)

Ref HART: London Ambulance Service, South East Coast Ambulance Service, South Western Ambulance Service, Welsh Ambulance Service & Scottish Ambulance Service all have at least 2x HART Bases, and many players cover more than just one county, service area or even country.

Ref ARFF: Most smaller airports only have one station, but most players will cover more than one airport. In the SWAST area for example, there's Bristol, Exeter, Bournemouth, Newquay, St Mary's to name a few, plus RNAS Yeovilton, RNAS Culdrose & Plenty of small airstrips, heliports could also be simulated with this update.

Fantastic. Then its only me who choosed areas awfully badly :/

This update is not for me it seems :D