Posts by wings203

Some good ideas you have come up with :thumbup:

I certainly want to see trailers brought into the game, but the question is - what vehicles can tow them? I think more than just the utility unit should be able to, as sometimes the vehicle towing it would be able to do things other than rescue.

As for the specific units...

I'm in full support of a hazmat trailer - that is a must. Cascade trailer - a what? :D I could also see foam and command trailers being used!

A suggestion of mine is a mobile air trailer. Sometimes stations simply have a trailer of them, instead of a dedicated truck.

I have 3 dispatch centres right now :D

If the maximum is 4, how come it is worded as if we can eventually have more? "You can currently only build 4 stations."

And yes, I completely agree. As a bare minimum, we need an option to at least delete staging areas.

I've recently gone to create another staging area, but it says I'm unable to at the moment.

Currently I'm allowed to have 4 at the one time, so when and how often will that number increase? 8)

Thanks for the feedback - you have raised some valid points.

I too like a challenge, but at the same time I try and keep things as realistic as possible. I can pretty much take care and have enough of all vehicle types, with the platform truck the only exception... :D

Expanding into rural areas of course has its challenges, but like I brought up in a recent thread - there are particular missions that the platform truck requirement should be adjusted/removed, to cater for those with setups who don't use them for vehicle accidents for example.

I didn't suggest a POI for industrial fires, I meant it as a third 'area' we could divide our game into (urban/rural being the other two).

If we can really start a discussion around this, and see what others views are... Then that will go a long way I think. Having some thoughts from people from various countries around the world will do it good, as we can try and get an idea how it would work with different country setups :thumbup:

Firstly... If this kind of thing can't be implemented, then fair enough :)

As the subject suggests, I am suggesting some 'mapping tools' to mark out rural and urban areas. This would be particularly useful for an area which is simply grass, trees and more grass... For example, you wouldn't get random industrial fires, or commercial fires popping up in the middle of an area with nothing but open fields and the occasional house! Similarly, you wouldn't expect to see field fires in the middle of an urban city.

To make some sense of this... Your average fire service for example wouldn't base a platform truck in the previously described area with the majority of land being used for fields/farming.

So what I am wondering is - is it possible for us to have a way to map out sections as such for different area types (e.g. rural/urban). Drawing lines on the map to divide them perhaps? Or somehow placing markers, that signal a certain radius around them as being a rough outline of a particular area type? I could go one step further and say we could also specify industrial areas so that certain missions are generated, but I think that makes things way too complicated (if they're not already with my suggestion... :D )

This idea is of course for those who want to go the extra mile... So I would suggest making it an option, not compulsory.

As I said, it is just a suggestion/idea of mine - nothing is set in concrete. Feel free to discuss and offer your opinion about all this below!

————————————————————————————————
    (Update from TACRfan) Please see page 2 for a poll relating to this features implementation time.

Sounds like they're referring to if there are multiple patients on scene at the same mission, then the fly car should move onto the next patient at the mission once it has done all it can do with the first? :thumbup:

Yes that is the only downside. Like i say ill bring it up when i get chance. Im not sure if its the same in the German version with the demountable pods etc.

Demountable pods... Do they exist in the other version(s) of the game? Could we have them in this version, please? :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I can't agree with your above suggestions. I also feel as if at least 3 of the 4 have been suggested in the past...

I'll work down the list...

1. This has previously been brought up, but I don't see it ever happening. See here and here.

2. I don't see how increasing it to 4 will change much? :huh:

3. Although unlikely, it has been discussed a lot recently - see this topic in particular.

4. I believe this one is related to alliances... So I can't comment, as I'm not in one :)

Hope my feedback helps you out a bit!

Not sure if that would happen tbh. A lot of training would be needed for some players with big setups.

The only way around it would be to offer 'free, unlimited' training for a short period of time.

But being honest, I'm not sure if I see that happening. Ever haha...

I think what they are after is the ability to 'hand over' the patient/prisoner to a unit belonging to someone else in the alliance?

Thought it was time to raise this...

Could the requirements for platform trucks for certain missions be reconsidered? In my opinion, there are some missions that strangely require platform trucks. I'm not sure if it is simply how things are in the United States... But for other places in the world, I doubt they use them so often.

For example - 'mva rollover' and 'serious accident involving a bus' missions both require a platform truck. And I'm sure there are a few more too :huh:

So what I'm suggesting is... Could the missions above and any other similar ones which also require a platform truck be looked at? Removing/substituting the platform truck requirement could really help those who are based somewhere where they don't have access to so many!

My setup for example has/will soon have 9 platform trucks/quints covering a land area of nearly the same size as California, Nevada and Arizona combined! So at times, it can be a real struggle sending the vehicles to normal high rise fires etc while missions like those above pop up... :thumbsup:

Keeping it simple... Could heavy rescues/utility units have the ability to handle flooding missions?

Many agencies around the world who have dedicated rescue vehicles handle calls like trees down and flooding situations. As it stands, the game lets the above two vehicles handle tree down missions, but it doesn't allow them to clear flooding missions :D

Normal engines would still be able to clear the missions, but simply allowing rescue vehicles to as well would allow for more flexibility! Thoughts?

Could someone explain all these different sorts of ambulances, with examples?

Who knows... Other countries may actually have them, simply just not called the same thing :thumbup:

Personally, I would like to see a change between kilometers and miles if I had to choose between the time zone and the distance conversions.
    Here in the states, miles is the way to go so I could benefit more from the distance rather than the times.

If you're based in the U.S. - then wouldn't distance conversion be pointless for you? The game is already in miles...

I quite like the idea of this, as I see no possible way players could 'cheat the system' if this was to be incorporated.

The idea has probably been raised before, but... As you said, it would benefit the developer if players were able to purchase credits and/instead of coins. If people really want to spend their money, then they should be able to I think. For those reasons, I support it :)

I found it easy to incorporate our Country Fire Service into the game, by just renaming and adding pictures, but with something that is heavily rescue and support based, I believe that just renaming and modifying is not really worthwhile in my opinion, as in game, they will do jobs they wouldn't necessarily do, taking out the realism many desire in this game.

Personally I don't see the need for such a thing to be brought into the game.

The number of vehicles which we simply just rename and edit already is quite substantial. I do the exact same for my stations with 100% rescue vehicles, as I see no hassle in doing so... Not sure why they would attend calls they're not supposed to, could you explain that a bit further?

Alternatively, I would suggest giving the players the ability to start a fire station with a heavy rescue perhaps. Something as simple as that!