Posts by wings203

Hi all,

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible...

I've come across this minor issue recently when creating some of my units (specifically battalion chiefs and mobile airs). I try to base my stations and units as real as possible, although that isn't the case all the time unfortunately haha... :P Having more crew members per vehicle decreases the amount of time which it takes to clear a scene. Currently both of these units only allow 3 crew members. With that being said - a number of my local battalion chief and mobile air vehicles have room for 4 (sometimes even 5) people :thumbup:

In saying that, would it be possible to upgrade how many crew members we can have for these two vehicles? Obviously not a life or death situation... But it would be cool to accurately represent my local service even further, if at all possible!

Creating graphics like those require a substantial amount of time and patience :P - certainly not a quick couple minute thing.

As for tutorials - there aren't many really. Although, there is this timelapse by @IUsed2HavAWii69 which could prove useful. You can find it here :)

I like the sounds of this!

Perhaps we could even have an option to demolish any station expansions we do as well? Having somewhat of a refund would be good - even something as little as 25% money back would be alright... Even at the end of all this discussion they decide to allow it, but with no refund... I'd be alright with that to be honest.

Lets see what others think about incorporating these features :thumbup:

If you're like me... You might be sitting there scratching your head, wondering how I change the format of a certain line or a couple words.

Ever wanted to make something bold, underlined or have some bright different colours? This may just help you in achieving some of those things!

Those that typically find themselves using programs such as Microsoft Word etc - you probably find yourself changing the styles and appearances of text all the time :thumbup: But if you do what you typically do within programs such as Word, you'll end up with no change in posts on this forum. Generally speaking - you would write out what you want to say, then highlight the particular word or sentence, and select the desired format change. But no, that particular method will not work on these forums.

Only until recently did I actually work out how to make such changes...

Do you want big text, or some blue italics? Here is how you go about doing so (it's surprisingly simple :P )!

- Navigate through the various options at the top of the typing area, and select your desired style.
    - Type out whatever you would like to be included in that different style of text.
    - And then deselect the format by again navigating to the top of the typing area. Rinse and repeat :D

Hope that all makes sense. If not, then please say so below and I'll try my best to reword any of it.

I hope I'm not the only one who has experienced this formatting issue! If I am, then please feel free to ignore this post completely... :whistling: :whistling:

Pretty much what the title says :thumbup: - can we have some more missions that expand into 'burning grass', 'little field fire' and 'large field fire'?

Burning cars, motorbikes and trailers could create the perfect recipe for this. Harvester fires, truck fires... Pretty much anything with wheels, fuel, and an engine!

This is a very common occurrence in my local area - particular in the hotter, drier months. Vehicle fires can very quickly spread to nearby shrub and grass - soon in need of a lot of assistance to get the fast spreading fire under control. Having these simple mission expansions could be a bit more challenging, and could generate even more fun :P

Hi all,

Been enjoying this game for the month or so I've been playing it for now. I thought now would be a good time to start looking for an alliance!

My setup is based in Australia - so I'm looking for an alliance based in Australia, OR an overseas alliance which has a number of Australian members? Please take note though... I'd like to join an ACTIVE alliance :P (where there is nearly always someone on at the same time as me - same area too). I'd also like to mention that I would want fairly realistic play, along with of course friendly and helpful alliance members. Just repeating so that it's clear - it can be an alliance based anywhere in the world, as long as there are some active Australians!

If any of this sounds like something your alliance can offer, then please let me know :)

Oh the joys... I spent a good 5 - 6 hours yesterday laying down all the gas stations in the city I'm starting in. That was fun haha... :thumbsup:

Small police stations are possible. I asked Sebastian when we were going through these today.

Small police stations were asked about on the previous page :P

As for small ambulance stations - clinics will somewhat answer that, but smaller ambulance stations on their own would need to be looked at.

Thanks to a suggestion by @KieranWood - I thought we may as well go ahead with this!

This is a place to compare the different appliances used by countries across the globe. Ever wondered what another country's battalion chief cars look like? Or how a country's pumper fleet are like compared to your own? Well... This may be just the place for you :)

Feel free to discuss and compare different agency's vehicles below. I'll add photos of my local vehicles at a later date, but meanwhile - enjoy! 8)

Oh I see. Gosh that gets confusing quickly... :D

Do American fire departments have any CAPA/aerial pumper/quint vehicles?

Ah, so America's platform trucks pretty much seem to be Australia's aerial pumpers (or we call them 'CAPA' for short in my area) :P

Where I'm based... Our platform trucks are used quite often - structure fires obviously, but they also respond to unconfirmed fires/fire alarms within the CBD or surrounding area if it is a rather large structure. Better to have them on scene from the very beginning rather than having to wait for one to turn up!

On the other end of the stick - our CAPA's are dispatched to a variety of things - MVA's would be one of those. Built by Rosenbauer and the only ones like them in the country, they're pretty much capable of handling anything :thumbup: - from small grass fires to massive warehouse fires. Great assets.

Hmm, this is an interesting one :thumbup:

Personally I'd love to see a fire investigation unit brought into the game. In my local area (Australia) they're referred to as 'fire cause units', and are brought out to structure fire scenes once they are complete and dealt with.

Perhaps a way to integrate them would be to have a timed event (like the smoke detector check for example)? Have them dispatch to a previous fire scene (anything major), and stay there for say 15min. I think that would work best if we want them. What's everyone's thoughts on this? :)

Yes, I very much agree. Also, does the price of small stations increase with all purchases or what?

From what I can tell from what others have been saying, yes they do. Just like the regular stations, the prices increase overtime.

I have asked Sebastian and he has said it isn’t possible.

Ah alright, that's a shame. Thanks for the prompt reply though! Think I have worked out a plan for my future stations... 8)

Just seen that - is there anything players can do with their previously bought stations that they only have a couple of slots at?

Say you have 5 existing stations that all have just the 1 slot, is there a way to change these all to the new small station? Or perhaps we could have a period of say 48 hrs or 7 days where players are able to get half of a refund and downgrade to the new small station? Personally I can't see that as being classed as 'cheating the system' etc (it would actually benefit those players who have been playing for months/years, and who are loyal to the game - who previously didn't have such an option). Thoughts? :)

This could also request a heavy rescue or engine to assist them with entry or extrication of the patient.

This sentence jumped right out at me... Very glad you brought it up. Two simple words - yes please! 8)

Paramedics needing assistance in safely extricating the patient happens all the time in my local area. Would back this feature 110%.

As for the bariatric side of things - I'm not too sure how the coding could be done, trying to alter it might cause a lot of headaches... I think the first unit(s) on scene requesting them (or an engine - like you said) would be best if we want to see this incorporated and fully working :thumbsup: