Posts by wings203

The game does not allow players to sell their unwanted vehicles.

However, you are able to 'delete' them. Navigate to the station page, go into the specific vehicle's details page and hit the red trash can icon (should be located towards the left of the page) :D

Slight correction to the above reply - the game recognises which service (fire/police/ems) you have the most stations of, and goes by that.

For example... If you have 20 fire/6 police/2 ems, you'll get a maximum of 21 missions (20 fire + 1) OR if you have 5 fire/15 police/7 ems, you'll be getting a maximum of 16 missions at one time (15 police + 1) and so on :thumbup:

That should clear things up, and hopefully answer any questions you have about not receiving more calls!

Just thought I would mention this to see if anyone else has also experienced it...

Usually when there's a new post on the game's social media, the icon in the game turns green 8) However - this has not occurred the past few times (the announcement of new people taking over was the most recent that it turned green for). Am I the only one experiencing this, or are others too? Has it already been noted?

While I get what you're saying about volunteers, they still have to go through a formal process of joining the service.

I would simply increase the 'response delay' setting on the vehicle - implies that they take longer to get to the station :thumbsup:

What they mean is that the player should be given the option to choose the 'start vehicle' for a new ambulance station - similar to how we can choose between a type 1/type 2/quint/rescue engine for a fire station (not after the station is already constructed).

For example... Maybe a player is doing an area only with BLS ambulances, but each new station they build they get an ALS by default - resulting in unnecessary units which the player then has to sell, or keep for a long period of time before they can relocate them elsewhere :thumbup:

Despite all that is going on right now... Thought I would just point this out haha :thumbup:

After many many months, we have finally reached a new record for most registered users on at the same time. Congrats!

Maybe it is a sign of things to come..? :D

If something like this were to occur, might I suggest a shared forum that has language categories?

This would then avoid any possible language barriers, as users will choose what languages they wish to take part in!

So not changing much really, but just merging all forums into one main website with language 'sub-forums'. Players would then be able to communicate on any 'sub-forum' they wish - much easier. I'm assuming my suggestion would also reduce costs? :thumbsup:

Just how I see things could happen - open to discussion of course...

Now if the game dev can make it to where say 4 Engines can take place as 1 Tanker then that'd be great and very helpful. I would put that as a suggestion if you wanted to push the issue.

That is what I started this thread for, so please don't go and suggest the same thing :D

However, hopefully we do see something along the lines of what has been suggested in the not-too-distant future!

A similar idea to this has been brought up in the past (see the link for discussion) 8) However - it has also been said that the developer simply doesn't want to see death in the game, see here.

As mentioned in that topic - if something like this were to be implemented (highly unlikely), it would have to be from the time you dispatch the unit instead of from when the mission is generated. That then eliminates some concerns that have been mentioned above.

In terms of credits... Standard credits for treating/transporting would still apply - however, you would get a little bonus depending on how long it takes for the unit to get on scene. For example - 250 bonus credits for within 5min, 100 for 10min etc. Personally, I believe that seems fairly appropriate and logical. As always however, feel free to leave your thoughts below :)

This has been raised several times, however there was a comment made a while back to one of the topics that suggested perhaps it is actually possible to adjust vehicle speeds. See this post - we never heard anything afterwards though, but perhaps there is some news on this? :thumbsup:

Thought I would lay down my thoughts about the situation regarding water tankers... :thumbup:

As you should know, there are several missions that require a water tanker (e.g. field fires, multiple vehicle fires etc). These such missions give many of us some rather large headaches!

Many urban areas simply do not have very many (or 0) water tankers - instead they simply have engines etc, with direct access to nearby water. With that being said, I am suggesting that the game can have the ability to register several fire engines as if it were 1 water tanker (e.g. 3 standard trucks is equal to 1 water tanker).

(in simple terms... A player can choose to send EITHER 3 engines or 1 water tanker to a mission - they will both be 'worth' the same...)
    - mission example: 'multiple vehicles on fire'... player can send 5 engines, 1 battalion chief, 1 water tanker OR 8 engines, 1 battalion chief.

The above suggestion would benefit the vast majority of players in the game from what I can tell. It makes little sense for firefighters to be waiting sometimes hours for a single water tanker, when they could have sent 20+ engines in the mean time... There is no visible advantages to anyone who chooses to run their game this way - 3 or 4 engines cost the same price as a water tanker, and there is no training required for either of them.

Hope that makes enough sense. So with that all having been said... What are your thoughts on this? :)

Yes. Certain missions require a particular POI, otherwise the mission won't generate.

Check the requirements at 'possible missions' - located in the bottom right of the main game page :thumbup:

I'm sure some code could be worked into the game so that it recognises how much you bought the full station for, and simply halves it 8)

As brought up recently, the patient names for the game have now been changed and are more 'American based'. 8)

However, is the change also for station personnel? It wouldn't make sense to change one, but not the other... Could someone confirm either way?

I do somewhat believe there should be a way to 'downgrade' stations, yet unlikely to occur... :D

For example - some people (myself included) quite possibly spent large amounts on buying 'full' stations that only have 1 or 2 vehicles, because small stations weren't a thing yet. I personally think those players who have been around for a significant amount of time should be given the chance to receive credits back for the unnecessary full stations they bought months/years ago. But like I said... Unlikely :huh: