Posts by Jason

Interesting. I imagine if it's beta it's been pushed into an update recently. It hasn't been made public.

We've passed your post to Sebastian to make him aware.

Okay, I imagine it'll be implemented similar to the Quint vehicle. What Sebastian wants to be careful of is to not make the game too easy. A dual functioning vehicle does that, but like the Quint could be balanced in some way.

We can only wait for further actions.

I'm not sure what point your making re your mva rollover and the staging area. For me 20 minutes isn't bad at all for a chief

Sebestian explained that units do this when it can't access the location directly via convential route.

It used to throw an error but that often left calls left unable to be resourced. If the OpenStreetMaps engine doesn't have a route then MissionChief cannot do much more.

If you go onto the OpenStreetMaps website and route between your station and where the job is, does it successfully complete it?

Well, this is certainly our thoughts but was the most common vehicle requested for the EMS side of the game. It's odd they don't finish jobs though.

Eventually we can look at missions for it but it ultimately is an ambulance minus the transport ability. They should finish a job unless transport is required.

There are plenty of suggestions that can make this game better, I agree. However what's realistically possible and can be done in the Sebastian puts aside for this game is limited.

We can only collate these and try and get an answer as to whether or not they are possible.

The staging area is something that has been requested in the past and implemented. It's new. We have explained before Sebastian is monitoring how it goes before making further changes. It was designed based on the suggestions within the German community and built for them. With any feature made for them Sebestian presents it to us and we decide if it's suitable for the US community. We could have said no to the staging area as it wasn't precisely as requested but personally I find it does the job well for the most part.

We don't take it personal, we are just slightly frustrated that we see the same complaints again and again that's already been answered. I figured if I provided some numbers it would show how small MC is compared to its sister game. Ultimately I would love to see many of the features requested put in game but as with everyone else we can only patiently wait :)

The issue isn't that Sebestian doesn't like the ideas, it's the fact he needs to spend time working in the right places within his company.

A few days ago I found out that MissionChief, in a 24 hour period, had about 285 players. That's a daily average. The German version has 11,000 daily approx.The Dutch version was about 450. The Dutch version is almost identical to the German version but MissionChief is far different in terms of its content; that was the intention because firefighting in the US is very different.

We've give Sebastian some updates and he's done them but they've not often yielded any change in player numbers. Slowly the games seen an increase over the last few months (was only 100 in a 24 hour period in about April).

The updates will come but the German game is 34x as popular. From a business perspective, working on MC more (which is what you're suggesting) would make the other product suffer.

So I won't be bringing Sebastian around to the real world as he's running a business in the most logical way. Do you want me to tell him to let his popular German version sit on the back burner while he works on a game he makes a financial loss on? If so I would question who needs bringing back to the real world ;)

TUTORIAL #1 | Getting Started

Firstly, welcome to MissionChief. A free-to-play web based emergency dispatching game. The objective? Deal with emergency calls of various nature as they are presented to you, using the resources you have available.
    At first glance MissionChief can appear quite complex; it does indeed have many features available for you to enjoy the game. But, despite appearances, the game is very easy to learn and this guide will talk you through the various options in game to get you on your feet.

It is broken down into a few sections. Open the spoiler tab below each heading to read.

1. Concept

2. Interface

3. Building

4. Deployment

5. Finally

Written by Jason - Sep 2016

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/2kWxfse.png?2]
    Recommend the Game

Some players may already be aware of this already, however for those that don't maybe pleased to know of a way to obtain coins, for free.

Simply sharing a special URL and inviting your friends to come and play MissionChief will get you on your way. Each person you recommended to play will earn you 2 coins for every level they complete. The first level only takes 2-3 missions to complete so it's extremely easy to start earning and they will soon add up!

To get your URL so we know which account has invited the player, go to; Profile > Recommend the Game

Here you will find various ways of using the URL. Of course you can use it anyway you want, be it on social media such as Facebook, to your own web page or in the signature of your emails - the choice is yours! As long as your friend who has been invited to the game signs up having followed that URL you will receive the coins.

If you need any help then let us know!

Slight update on my setup;

• 29 Fire Stations (+3) - 34 Fire Trucks
      - 3 Ladder Trucks
      - 6 Fire Officers
      - 5 Utility Trucks
      - 3 Heavy Rescues
      - 2 CSV's
      - 2 HAZMAT's
      - 1 CARP
      - 2 Water Carrier's
      - 1 Mask Unit

• 1 Fire School
    • 3 Hospitals
    • 3 Land Ambulance Stations
      - 7 Ambulances
    • 1 Air Ambulance
    • 7 Police Stations (+4)
      - 16 police cars

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/bPDwR07.png]

Interesting.

I do think seeing more events happening in water is a good idea to take forward, although I imagine it'll be quite a bit of work. The world is 71% water on the face of it, shame not to use any of it.

Noted.

For the majority of players from across the pond. RNLI is a lifeboat charity, deployed to those who have got into difficulty in water. UK has a coastguard which is for Search and Rescue.

Being an American game I'm not sure if the Coastguard in the US takes on the role of the RNLI of there is a separate charity or similar that takes on the role?

You'll need to provide some examples of what HART is as well.

exactly. this game hasnt chnged much over that past years... very minor changes.

That is all down to it's lack of success in comparison to the German and Dutch versions. When Sebastian and SH Play created those, they very quickly got a large number of players taking interest. Sebastian even appeared on TV in Germany to discuss the company and the games he has worked on with the company.
    Additionally the reason why there are separate games is so that those wanting to play a US version of the game didn't have to rely on the German/Dutch based missions and units and instead have their own; hence why we have MissionChief. Sebastian is German and has good knowledge of German firefighting so has been self-efficient in setting up those versions. When it comes to America, Sebastian does not have any knowledge of American firefighting or units so has had to seek information from staff to get where he has now.

And that is why MissionChief is less detailed than the other games. It's been harder for Sebastian and his team to create the units, translate the game properly and quite frankly is a nightmare to manage all 'in-house' (ie within the development team). I guess we can all agree that it's probably due to the lesser detail it could be why MissionChief hasn't been as popular as the other games?

Either way, Sebastian has to divide his time based on the best interest of the business he works for. It's important to remember this isn't a side project someone does on the side of a full time job or college; it's what puts food on the table for a family and a roof over their head.

I can't get the exact figures of how many people play each game, but if you consider the activity of the forums for both MissionChief and the German/Dutch version it gives you some idea on why MissionChief isn't updated as regularly and how popular each one is. It's not an accurate reflection in any way but I'm sure the way the numbers are stacked isn't any different.

PostsMembersPost per day
    MissionChief Board2,3532024.74
    German Board149,4117,084128.03

It would be an illogical decision to spend an equal amount of time on MissionChief when it's return isn't anywhere near as good as the other games. Especially when you consider MissionChief is a free-to-play game at it's core.

I mean, the alternative I guess is to close MissionChief down and re-release it when it has more units/missions in it? The rate it's updated wouldn't be any different nor would it speed anything up so it's best off staying going and it's worked on as and when possible with the community ideas thrown in. Personally I'm quite happy to see it build up as it is but a single person can only do so much and they need to make the right decisions for their business as a whole. That is the same with any game company. That will obviously leave some people unhappy but presuming the decision is made with the best interests of a majority then really that is the best you can do.

If you believe there is a way a sole developer can better spend their time to be more efficient on MissionChief without having any impact on the development of the two primary games then PM me. However, I think Sebastian does well in juggling them as he does currently.

The best way to see what you want quicker is to get this game to be more popular anyway you can. Get your friends on-board and playing. The more active players the more time can be spent on MC. Continue saying what you want to see as the more active everyone is here giving their opinions on idea helps also.

No, but Rome was built over a very long time with the input of all romans. Misisonchief is much the same way. Also, there was a long period where all of us romans were disregarded. Not everyone trusts you yet. Make sure that we do!

Rome is still being built!

MissionChief unfortunately, unlike Rome, only has the hands on building power of one person. The rest of the MissionChief staff are moderators and while we collate the requests and push those we think would benefit the game more, this isn't something we can influence any further. Some of the team have access to translating the game but it isn't that straight forward without knowing some German so takes a bit of time. Also, changes can't happen over night and the developer has their own plans for the game also. Therefore ideas that are put forward may take months to see being looked at while others may appear sooner. I would like to think the community would recognise the recent increase in updates Sebastian has been doing with more to come (one within the next 24-48 hours). I understand that some players maybe disappointed not to see a recently suggested feature being added but fear not, it may not be long before it does.