Posts by Extinction998

Looking further on this post, maybe in the future the SUV´s or police interceptors could be added as a type of "on scene captain" or something such as a battalion chief in the fire departement. I mean like in Norway we have something called "Innsatsleder" who´s got a callsign "U-05" he´s pretty much the leader of whatever mission he arrives on, and is in charge until he has left the scene or has been called to another one by the dispatcher. Just shooting out ideas out of my nose here. But I think that in America and all other countries as well they have a incident commander as I addressed, especially on larger missions such as shoot-outs, kidnapping or similar with more experience and training than ordinary officers. I only have experience and information about how it works in Norway, but Jason maybe knows more about ´Merica.

We do have what you´re talking about here, it´s called a quint. It serves the role of both a normal engine as well as the ladder. But that being said, it´s better to ask too many times rather than too few ;)

More than I can count at the moment, but I have realistic setup for every departement. So far I´ve got two dispatch centers with their own respective buildings attached to it, if I´m not wrong I got 15 fire stations on one center and 14 on another. Only got two hospitals though, and one ambulance station connected to one of my dispatch centers. But on the other one, I´ve got about 4-5 ambulance stations. I can probably send a picture of the statistics from each dispatch center when I wake up again tomorrow.

Not that I know of, but if you want to change how far you can send your units. You may go into the dispatch senter > settings and click on the alliance range and tune it down. You may also open a random mission and set down the range for vehicles, so you don´t send a vehicle from 100km by accident. I have mine set on 50km on both dispatch and missions, kinda helpful.

Bumping, as I just came over this post. But it would be rather awesome to see a call, either firefighter or ambulance wise. It´s rather common in most countries to have this kind of thing to happen, especially in office buildings that house rather large companies.

Fly car ( doctors vehicle ) should be able to go a little faster, not much. But a tiny little bit, since its way lighter and smaller vehicle than a large ambo. But as in real life, traffic, weather conditions and roads are also a obstacle when it comes to speed.

In Norway on the HEMS we have a doctor, anaesthetist, rescue man, pilot and co pilot. On police helicopters we have pilot and co pilot along with one in the back monitoring the cameras and all the equipment. But on the 330 squadron helicopters, the bigger ones in the army theres way more crew. Basically a pilot, co pilot, two rescue men, anaesthetist, nurse and doctor.

yeah

Adding a feature that lets alliances cooperate on missions would be rather a pain in the butt, rather than helpful. Even though it sounds interesting indeed it would cause too much trouble in the script and the game itself I would think due to the way this game is made. It would require a totally different platform to operate on. ( Correct me if I´m wrong )

There's a lot of things he can add. But while some part comes down to time to do, others are balancing updates on what he releases. If everything was added so quickly you'll soon run of things to add.

Let me reiterate that the inland water based setup isn't a 'no' but more a 'not yet'; personally I'm looking forward to it and keen to see too.

Ah, misinterpreted your post a little bit. Do certainly understand that if everything was added in one update, there would be no joy nor excitement. Keep up the good work ;)

Why doesn't Sebastian want to add water units to this game as leitstellenspiel has it ? wouldn't it add more fun and change to the game, community and its players ?

I understand if its something that will take time, but wouldn't it be rather effective gaining players and so on ?

Would seem quite realistic to have a barnyard along with missions that will get patients to this ward, I think that it would actually be quite good for the game as we already have a ton of fire missions that people would get burns on.

Nobody has said it can't be done. It's a question of whether or not that is a solution the playerbase would find adequate. It's also a question of the size of the update, the frequency of the update, and the amount of time Sebastian can put into the game.

Hm, okay. Sounds fair enough, but how close is mission chief gonna be to leitstellenspiel in comparison when it comes to realism, missions and so on in the future ?

So other than it being in German this video demonstrates how to set up the calls and how they respond to them. Basically the calls spawn as close to the road as possible nearest to the POI, the units such as boats are towed by a units and respond like usual to calls. I currently play leitstellenspiel and have about 3 Lifeboats stations to build which will be fun.

So why can this not be completed in missionchief, it is the same platform isn't it ?

Problem 1) It all goes back to the mission spawning; no road = no spawn point. You can use POI's to get around this which then goes onto problem 2..

Problem 2) If you use the concept of the helicopter routing, yes, you could get boats to do this. But you'll have no way of telling it to avoid landmass, islands, rocks etc. So if you're deployment is not a direct through water route and perhaps needs you to travel around land.. it wouldn't and instead would go straight through it.

How is it setup on leitstellenspiel ?

Hi, in all missions that require SWAT (bank robbery, drug warrants) you need to call a SWAT unit that will be deployed in a lot of time, because it's a normal truck/SUV. In the reality, often SWAT is sent on scene by helicopter, so that they can rappel near the target or the building and respond quickly. It would be really nice to have SWAT inside helicopters that could replace ground units, like in many countries in the world.

Maybe make police helicopters capable of transporting SWAT personell, if no own helicopter is available ?

through playing the game a lil i think it be cool to have a brush unit who would go to wildland and tree fires..
    Also maybe a Emergency management car? and they could go to big calls (hazardous calls, highrise,) working fire related calls basically

Emergency management car, if you mean battalion chiefs or leaders at the site we alreadyy got them. Brush unit, could be useful but we can already use type 1 and 2. But I do not really understand your "emergency management car" so please elaborate

A good expansion from a Carbon Monoxide alarm would be a CO Emergency where patients are present and would require additional resources from EMS and perhaps an additional engine or something.

Perhaps say that an advancement from Carbon Monoxide Alarm would be a type of mission where a unknown amount of people have been unlucky enough to have been breathing this in, so maybe ambulances and police & possibly heavy rescue ?