Posts by Pottyscotty

Nothing to do with the game - OpenStreetMaps views it as a road or similar so your units see it as a place they can travel. Though this is useful for those of us that have islands or large rivers in our areas, as that may be the only way across. The missions will randomly generate (unless it's a POI one only) so you will get odd calls there.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/O3souzX.png]

9 Police Stations, 26 Fire Stations (2 Used for Medical Units with Command/Heavy Rescue capabilities), 3 Ambulance Stations (1 Exclusively for HEMS RRVs), 1 Helipad, 2 Hospitals, 1 Police Training School.

Metropolitan Police:-

• 7 Police Stations
    • 1 Police Training School

City of London Police:-

• 2 Police Stations

London Fire Brigade:-

• 24 Fire Stations
    • 1 With Ambulance Extension

London Ambulance Service:-

• 2 Ambulance Stations
    • 2 Fire Stations (Bow HQ, Cody Road Annexe [HART/CBRN])

London Air Ambulance:-

• 1 Ambulance Station (RRV Parking at The Royal London Hospital)
    • 1 Helipad (RLH)

National Health Service:-

• The Royal London Hospital [RLH]
    • Newham University Hospital [NGH]

Previously played in two different areas on the same account, hence the low station count despite credit count.

As much as i would like it, it appears that the app is using a different map than pc ans the roads are different in some of my areas

And openstreetmaps doesn't appear to have a Satellite layer, so that'd be why it's not a PC feature.

There's no button around the map area and nothing in the settings menu. This would be something I'd love to see though, especially as it'd make placing buildings a lot easier (as you can actually see them).

You have to make sure you have the right units before you hit the station numbers that require them. If you part of an alliance, simply request help from them. If not then just leave them for a while longer then eventually the game will get rid of them.

It's what others have placed, you verify they are correct.

What actually happens if you accept/deny they are in the correct positions? I doubt it then messes with the other person's POIs and I know it doesn't change your own.

Could you explain what gritters are for people in the US

From what I can see, a gritter is a snow plow

In the UK, a 'Gritter' is a vehicle that will go along the roads spreading grit, which is rock salt. The salt reduces the melting point of ice, allowing it to run off the road at lower temperatures. If it is mixed with Molasses it also helps with grip to the road.

Some have plows attached to the front, however not all will.

I'm not asking for a complete removal of the character limiter for names as I know the reason for it being there, but is there any chance we could get the limit raised to something like 50 instead of 40? With 40 I'm often limited to what I can do and have to lose consistency with all the other vehicle/building names because of it, but when I count them I've never gone above 50 (highest being 46 or something). It wouldn't look that much larger than the 40 either (and that's even if someone makes use of the full 50 characters).

For those unsure what 'another 10' would look like. There you go - 'another 10'.

With an alliance you can assist other people with their calls, but they can also assist you. Useful when you have no units free. You can also share hospitals, allowing others to use them with a customizable Tax. When you start courses at your schools you can allow alliance members to join them and as with the hospitals, you can choose how much to charge them per person, per day.

I believe that it is only Co-Admins and Admins who are able to actually start the large scale missions (Major Fire, Unannounced Demonstration, Pile-Up) or an Alliance event (Storm, whatever size and frequency you want).

If you have already got schools and won't have anyone near you then I personally don't think you would really benefit from being part of an alliance. Though I believe you can start one up and just start the events for yourself. Allowing others to join is optional as they have to be denied/approved.

Urban Search and Rescue would make the sense (if THW is what I think it is), I believe the US has this or at least something similar. Missions such as structure collapses, Major Crashes (maybe including planes?) etc. Possibly even adding a new 'Earthquake' alliance event which is like the Storm but instead generates more structure related incidents or something.

What if we cut the build time down from a week to a few days or less? Would it be worth the 100k then?

Personal opinion is that there shouldn't be one at all. Seems silly that the biggest buildings in the game (Fire/Police Training, Fire Stations, Hospitals etc) can be built instantly but smaller rooms, bays or cells take a whole week in real-time. I think the whole thing needs an overhaul as a lot of it just doesn't make sense.

Considering EMS stations are 200k you're paying half as much as another station.

But then a lot of people don't believe we should be paying 200k for an EMS Station (esp. when you consider the size difference of one of those compared to a Fire Station). So with that and the fact that as Camhesse said, you are basically paying for a new station instead of a bay / shelter for your EMS vehicles, 50k sounds incredibly fair.

I think if we look at it as medic vehicle with heavy rescue capabilities it should be that it's available in the ambulance station or medic extension. What's everyones thoughts?

That is what I personally would like to see, I'd rather it is an 'Ambulance' unit then 'Fire' unit.