Posts by manfromcny

Yes, that's exactly what I do .... the developers are clever. The fire stations are only 35(?) coins, no matter how many you have. But the points keep rising. So, you get to a point where it is better to buy your new FS with coins, and use your credits to buy other things instead.

As you say, I don't buy coins until the specials come about.

and to expand on that point -wait until the devs offer station builds at 1/2 coin cost, then build like crazy - then expand those when you can, and turn off the others until ready to expand

I believe the 2 open slots are for the 2 larger k-9 units. you will need to buy another slot for the swat units

did you put any expansions in the station? some have vehicle slots for only that specific unit - but still shows in the total slots

to back up EMS-Chief - when Ems command ( unit and staff) came out there was an uproar because all of a sudden the EMS command unit - with 6 trained staff was needed for many calls and players didnt have unit much less staff. and If im correct on timeline - after a week - the requirement was switched to just 2 EMS command trained were needed - and as EMS-Chief stated many players trained their EMS Chief units with 2 and the EMS command unit became redundant ( as it was not specifically required anymore)

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD READ BEFORE ANSWERING QUESTION THAT ARE ASKED. I DO NOT SEE A ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. I THINK PEOPLE SOMETIME ANSWER TO RAISE THE TITLE.

actually the first response did answer your question, if you actually read the response.

I just found discovered today that if the mission "requires" smokejumpers you have to send them by plane. I had a mission today that required "20 Smokejumpers". I had Brush Trucks in that area with all folks trained as Hot Shots and Smokejumpers, so I sent 10 brush trucks more than the 5 required on mission (meaning there would be 20 smokejumpers there. But it still would not finish until I sent a plane with smoke jumpers.

yeah - smoke jumpers - jump (parachute) into some areas that are inaccessible to land crews ( similar to SWAT only counted in SWAT vehicles)

a few tips - train all your wildland staff as hotshots - also buy a crew carrier and train that staff as hotshots - and when you build an airborne firefighting station - and get smokejumper plans going - cross train all smokejumpers as hotshots too ( the larger calls require many hotshot trained)

i like the concept in general - my change would be to make it as a warden spim off - but allow wardens to have say a type 4 or 5 engine to their warden truck?? Since the devs have gone and added Hvy. rescues to both PD and EMS

just a small insight - the fire investigator could also be doing some initial work for the FAA which would be responding to investigate the plane creah, granted there is no FAA unit in game , but i digress

In today's world when Command Post Units respond, the folks that are managing them are "All Hazards IMT Trained". At least in Fla

IRL id agree, but in game - no - only because - as stated earlier - 2 trained in EMS chief covers the requirement, and the EMS chief is needed anyway, plus it would only really work if the specific fd station has the ambo extension

i agree with the fire based trailers - but not the EMS, riot police, or police atv trailers,( unless they are in a complex together) though the fire service should get their own ATV trailer