Posts by gorilla

2. Game is not realistic in general. If I can generate missions every 20-30 seconds, why 1 patient takes 30 hours to clear bed. How hospitals are implemented it punishes those who play the most.

I never said current system is realistic did I.

I know how bad it is I run out of beds daily and fill most alliance ones too.

The entire hospital side does need a massive review and I have put up before a few ideas for it.

This subject has been bashed around that much and always ends with the same result. The team know the hospital side is rubbish and are trying to fix it but it's not a priority.

Since we are discussing this here again here are my views.

First more beds this needs doubled (at least).

The discharge system should be 2 to 3 hours per patient but only if hospital has that department if not its longer or you can do transfers. We can not have patients leaving hospitals after an hour that is simply not realistic especially for ambulance admissions.

This can nicely lead on to ambulance queueing, it happens and could be done in game but only if we have a minimum of 60 beds and a better discharge system. Also all ambulances should go out of service for between 10 minutes and 30 minutes after calls to allow for them to be cleaned and prepped. Very occasionally they have to return to station before being back on the run. This would also nicely cover and patient hand over too.

Why start another thread on this you already have one going where it's been discussed before.

1. Has been discussed to death.

2. Not exactly realistic, even less realistic than current system.

3. Ambulance queueing would work but first needs a revision of beds and the processing time.

4. Hand overs have been discussed before.

5. As much as mental health is a real life issue it should not be included in game. This is a massive area where typically the emergency side of MH is all around self harm and suicide. Something that is best avoided in game

The cbrne is part of SORT (Scottish hart) the medical hazmat was added as SORT uses it often and they made it optional; to cater to England and Scotland. Ill try to find you a photo

EDIT: the file is to big but ill send the link: special operations response team ambulance cbrne unit - Bing images

Just no.

Let me clear this up for you.

HART is Hazardous Area Response Team they cover England. They have hazardous material response teams on their own and in some areas they are classified as SORT although believe SORT in England is slowly changing and in most cases is now part of HART.

Now in Scotland we have

SORT which is Specal Operations Response Team which covers exactly the same as the English HART teams.

Both English HART and Scottish SORT have access to Hazardous material experts and equipment.

The vehicle you have shown is a old SORT response unit it is not one of their Hazardous Response units (never was) in fact what you have shown is one of the old Incident Response Teams these pre-date SORT and English HART.

For the game they are using CBRN Vehicle as the name for the medical unit to differentiate it from the Fire Hazmat unit.

More beds is needed now in hospitals. Even just increasing to 60 beds per hospital would be more realistic.

I've said before that most mtc and a&e will have access to around 60 beds throughout the emergency department. Yes these will be a huge mix of bed types from Resus to Minors to Assessment. My local hospital has 5 bed resus, 10 majors, 10 minors, 10 minor injury unit, 15 clinical assessment and 15 surgical assessment. This hospital is also the smallest of the 3 that serve this health service area.

If you were to look at something like QEUH in Glasgow or one of the other large hospitals in the country it would be easy to say they have more than that. The QEUH has the largest ED in Scotland and is a MTC. It also has a huge kids ED and MTC.

GP just now is useless like the RRV, CFR ect.

You could use it as either it would not really matter just now as there is no calls where it is used.

GP unit could be very versatile in its use, if new calls come out and old ones reworked to include it.

As said it could be used as part of C1 responses.

But it could also equally be used as a response to a lot of other calls focused around C3/4 calls as sometimes ambulance service will discharge patient on scene and request a GP follow up.

The calls can be a progression sort of thing they come through as a emergency due to how they present and also the fact 111/NHS24 work so once on scene the call is downgraded and you can cancel the ambulance and send a GP along later, yes this is not part of the way UK dispatch works but for the game it would be an acceptable format.

Same if you have GP units you can send them to calls that only need GP and these could progress to need an ambulance too.

Now where it would be great is ambulance downgraded call, gp comes out and upgrades call. Annoying but it happens.

Yes some will not want to use GP so all this could be optional for players similar to how the Traffic Car works.

It certainly could provide a whole new dynamic to the game and make it a bit more of a challange.

I use this website https://www.ukfirestations.co.uk/brigades/

To help with fire service locations.

I also use Police Scotlands website for police stations and I have access to a few FOI requests for Scottish Ambulance Service.

I also know quite a bit about locations in Scotland.

I also use a few other FOI requests for fire service information about vehicles, this is great as gives me all stations too.

With all that I can use Google maps and personal knowledge to pinpoint places.

is there any plans for a medical motorbike/cycle responder? As there is only 1 more medical update I doubt it will be with sort

They are not needed in game this is going off down the path of providing every possible vehicle the UK services use.

Motorbike responders are basically Rapid Response Vehicle so if you want a Motorbike responder buy RRV and change image and give it a custom category. Problem solved.

Bicycle responders are very rare in the UK and for what they respond to could either be a RRV or a Community First Responder as entierly depends on what their kit is. Personally I'd class them as a CFR in game. So if you want to have them in your set up buy a CFR and edit the icon and category.

Now why am I suggesting this. Hopefully we get a rework of the medical calls and if timers are put on them then this would work well and require people to plan more.

For example

Cardiac Arrest is a C1 call and should have a responder on seen in 7 minutes. They also typically would have 2 DCA, 1 RRV with advanced paramedic or doctor and 1 ops manager. Yes this differs depending on location, time of day and how busy it is.

Now if game introduced a good call system that used all units on the medical side we could see a really good feature as follows

A C1 call Cardiac Arrest pops up in our list we get 7 to 10 minutes to respond to get a response bonus. Now to get that we must have a responder with basic life support on scene within that time frame. Units that can offer BLS are

Coresponder

Joint Response Unit

GP

CFR

RRV

OTL

HEMS

Ambulance

Now we have our first response on the ground we have time to get the full response needed to resolve.

For this to work sort of like real life in game it would need to be.

1 DCA or HEMS, 1 RRV or CFR, 1 OTL or GP

Now reasoning behind this is it's all about numbers of people there to help and keep successful CPR in progress until getting patient on the move stable or not. This is where the entire team comes in as the CFR and RRV can get on with it as others arrive. Once we have at least a DCA or OTL there more can be done, by now the patient has probably been defibrillated and is either sustaining a heart beat or is needing continued CPR and the patient may be put on Lucas/AutoPulse then focus on moving. All while either the advanced paramedic (either in otl or rrv) or the doctor is managing the call and directing care.

Once you have a responder on scene and more come in the question becomes stay and play or scoop and run. Stay and play is more favorable as it allows stabilisation of patient before moving. scoop and run is still done but this offers limited treatment for the patient and often has a worse outcome.

RRVs can be any of the 3, it is all depending on the service area and what is best for that area.

Most are typically a car based unit as these can carry almost the same kit you get in a regular ambulance they just can not transport a patient. Some services have added a Lucas or AutoPulse as standard to RRV and not on all ambulances as typically the RRV will be an advanced practitioner and often first on seen.

I'd say the car based are used by every service in the country.

Some services use motorbikes especially in inner city areas as these can get through traffic quicker but the kit they carry is a lot less than a standard car based RRV. They typically have a resus kit including defib and a blood loss control kit and basic meds pack.

There are a few RRV vans too these are basically the same as the cars.

There are in some places that have bicycle responders.

In game you can use them in any way you like just now as there is no actual demand for them.

Personally I only have RRV at my HEMS locations as I see no point in losing garage spaces for when I can have a DCA in place with a critical care paramedic in it.

My aim is to provide the best coverage and not the real life coverage as that in Scotland can be seriously bad. Also the game doesn't make it easy to do real life due to how calls spawn.

Not going to happen as we can use building complexes to simulate this now.

As much as I hate the building complex system as how it works is no where near realistic and is super expensive to get it to work. It is the way forward for building multi-agency stations.

The game will slowly develop to have more realism but just now the current fire appliance provision is good enough to get a very basic set up.

You have to remember that some areas call their appliances different things.

Here in Scotland when we went from the regional brigades/services to the national service back in 2012 the service had many appliances with differing names but same job.

You need to accept the fact that the game has to cover the wide variety of appliances in the UK but is limited in how they can do this without basically repeating some units and their uses.

Now yes in the real world Ladder length and water are an issue however transfer that over to the game it would become problematic.

Firstly as I've said before about water supply in UK is for the best part unlimited due to hydrant supply and large enough local bodies of water that can be drawn from even if it includes damming up a small stream.

Yes there are cases where supply can be limited and it is ferried in tankers it a relay is set up but for the interests of the game and ease of the games mechanics as setting up a realistic water system for the UK would be very resource intensive.

As to Ladder length, this factor is not majorly an issue for the game or in real life. There will always be a selection of ladders avaliable to an incident. This sort of detail is down a road that is to be fair far to realistic for the game. As each service has different standard for what their appliances have, yes there is some standerdisation across them but not fully.

As to other stowed equipment on appliances this can also vary widely throughout the country depending on the area, even in Scotland where standardisation has been done with the national service there are still some equipment differences depending on location. For example my local station has a Rescue Pump but on it there is a huge variety of equipment including extraction, s&r and basic wild fire kit. Reason for that it is a station with a mixed range of calls even the water Ladder has a mix of kit to cover.

As where inner city stations Rescue Pump drop the wild fire kit and s&r to have more extraction and access kit. With the wild fire kit put on other engines.

In game this unit diversity is not needed.

If you want to simulate it though you can by using custom categories and setting up custom AARR. You can name the units as you wish and use the icon you wish. This would give you the realism you crave and also help the game remain to be easy to use for all.

What you are suggesting would make it difficult for players with no experience of how the services operate. This is why it is important for the game to have a basic approach to units and not have major repetition of uses.

A prisoner transport van that only transports 1 person and is an IRV would be useless.

Why not have it so it transports 2 to 4. Most prisoner vans can do that as they have cells in them.

Public Order Van would be good, these would be best not to transport but act a bit like a Crew Carrier as all they are really designed to do is hold extra officers and some equipment.

Mounted Police would be great however I wouldn't have a unit holding 10 horses, this would not really be realistic as from what I remember most of the police horse transporters only hold a max of 6 as they also need to carry food and equipment. I would not bother with a trailer either for horses as I doubt any mounted section has them for transporting horses.

What is needed would be a mobile office/command post.

Would this bit fit more into the Prime Mover and POD system.

That would be a great addition to have in the game.

You could easily have multiple pods

OSU

USAR

Hazmat

Hoses/HVP

Timber

BASU

Foam

There are even pods for wildfire and Polaris beginning to become a reality now as the system is becoming more versatile.

Not sure if anyone else is noticing but Lag has started to creep back into the game of late.

For a good while it has been fairly stable and no major lag unless it was double credits or that but we are beginning to notice it more.

Yes it would be at peak times where it is worse but it is beginning to become more apparent throughout the day again.

Now yes it will be a mix of factors including peoples devices they are using however even with all graphics on the map switched off lag is still a thing now. Even the number of calls in an alliance plays a part but this is where we really need to have improvements to reduce the lag.

It does seem to have got worse since HART and Building Complexs were added, also we have seen a steady increase in players too.

Now not expecting much to be done about it and expect to be told it's not a major issue for some but feel that as we are noticing it now it's worth mentioning so the dev team can plan to do something to help with it.

Not really. Once a unit is on patrol it stays on it until its completed or you cancel it (if you can been that long since I tested patrol routes)

Personally I wouldn't bother setting either shift times or patrol routes as just now it adds nothing to the game.

I was thinking of adding in times for the Retained and Volunteer fire system but just now it would be more hassle than it is actually worth.

SORT, Special Operations Response Team is the Scottish version of both branches of resilience teams in England.

In Scotland SORT responds to almost any call where they may be needed. So this ranges from the major incidents like the Stonehaven train derailment last year to basic RTAs and even difficult extractions which could be at height working or just difficult due to the access. They would also respond to any terror related incident.

Not just that they are also used as a normal response unit if they are the closest so it is not unusual to see them turning up and dealing with slips, trips and falls.

They are also water rescue trained, hazmat trained, enclosed spaces and a whole host of other aspects for them.

We have 3 fulltime units in Dundee, Edinburgh and Paisley there are also a few part time units but I'm struggling to confirm locations of these just now, I believe 1 is Stirling as often see some of the larger resilience units there.

Sorry but sandbox mode for this game is pointless and would more or less kill the game off as people would use the easy option instead of working to build credits and build that way.

It would mean no income for the developers so no updates and potentially no game as the income pays for the servers.