Posts by TACRfan

emergency this already more or less exists. i understand in the US these exist but in the UK these are non-existent. these engines below are paramedic engines and, as you can see, they look the same as normal engines, albeit they're slightly older then a usual engine.

Actually a lot of fire services are running to medicals on the uk now due to the lower fire rates, the LFB are now attending cardiac arrests same with Norfolk, Lincolnshire are running fire service ambulances so it will go that way and it makes sense, I think the best way to do it would be like my lieutenant suggestion and have training for firefighters rather than a new vehicle, that way it would be optional if people wanted to run ALS engines or not, if they did they would train up some of there crew and assign them to the engine they want however that Engine would still be usable as a normal engine if you didn't have anyone with the training.

why are the mobile air units like a normal unit? and not a helitak or helicopter, i dont understand.

A mobile air unit is used to provide additional breathing apparatus at a large incident, it is referred to as many things all over the world including: Light and air unit, BASU, OSU just to name a few.

may also be available at lakes and rivers, and I know here in the US fire departments have rescue boats. So could be an extension there. And maybe there could be the option of using a utility to transport the boat via trailer to an emergency scene.

It would have to be a new vehicle completely, I don't see the point in having an extension however it would require advanced swift water rescue training in the fire school, as for the beaches and coast guard/RNLI I think it should be put on the back burner as I think they should focus on getting fire/ambulance/police to the level that the players want and as there is a lake POI an SWR crew would make sense, maybe they should change it to an open water POI as that could be used for rivers, docks etc.

@TACRfan ok first of all that's not even the point of this thread so why bring it up? Second of all, I'm not sure where you live, but here in America, it's actually more likely for someone to call 911 and exaggerate a call then to understate it. Very many times firefighters receive a call that describes a huge pileup and people are dying, and they arrive to find a two car accident no one injured and the two people are arguing about damages. And then there are those calls that say "help my house is gonna burn down" and they just burnt their dinner. So what you just said doesn't happens actually happens all the time. People freak out and exaggerate things. So like an industrial fire could be downgraded to a waste bin fire, or a building collapse could be downgraded to a room fire. If the caller says the roof just caved in when really a beam fell and made a loud noise. See what I mean? Calls downgrade upon arrival much more often than they upgrade.

I get people exaggerating calls and in the case of a traffic accident it makes sense however no one (or very few people) would phone 999/911 for a building collapse if it's just a room fire, if people smell and/or see fire/smoke they panic so this is a detail that would definitely be mentioned in a phone call, it's this panic that firefighters are trained to overcome.

no one is double posting. I can't even tel who said that bcs of all the quotes but it's not double posting were trying not to cover our bases. Al it is is the forum. When you quote someone and then reply, it reposts what they said..... not double posting. It's just getting out of hand.

There is an edit button for a reason, what you did double posting or what you have just done is triple posting, it IS against the forum rules, I was trying to advise you for the future so you don't end up having action taken against you by a moderator but its quite clear that you haven't read the rules so i have tried to help you but now you did it again.

There are levels of realism, I don't think it should be the most realistic game because there are some casual players however I think that this call is too casual.

If Sebastian did decide that this is the way he wants the game to go and does want to add this call in the future it would make sense to have it as an alliance event that spawns fire related calls similar to the storm rather than a POI generated call.

ok it was just an idea....we don't have to add it.

Don't take this debate personally, when you post something here you have to accept that there will be a debate that comes along with it such as my Rescue Pump topic, as I said above your quote it would fall to Sebastian at the final decision if it gets added or not as it's his game.

I had an idea for an Alliance Money Pot type thing in which anyone from the alliance can donate a sum of there choice into it, these credits can be used to build alliance shared hospitals, air ambulances and police helicopters, the helicopters would appear in everyone's vehicle list as it's automatically usable by any alliance members.

@Nickynickdispatch in regards to your downgrade comment it doesn't make much sense, you wouldn't have someone phone 999/911 and report "there has been an explosion and my house has collapsed" or " A building just fell down in front of me" to get there to find only a room fire however you might get someone phone the fire service reporting a room fire and by the time the fire service get there the room fire has weakened the structural integrity of the premises causing a partial or total building collapse.

High rise fires are way more common than volcanic eruptions and if you start adding silly calls like this it just means that it will take development time away from more needed and realistic things. If they are going to be adding this then they might as well add a great fire which as the great Fire of London, it's rare but it's happend however it would be very unrealistic. Would it not be better to have a wide spread event like a wildfire, wildfires happen every year and in more locations than active volcanos.

well this game doesn't follow real life. They can happen from POIs. And the high rise fires are isolated to cities with high rises but those aren't accurate. Kind of an comparison. And it's not just America people play in. And lots of people don't use real life. It's not like we'd be changing the game and putting volcanoes in ourselves- it's the option player by player to do what they want with the game, and if the players who play realistically get the option, they will place the volcano POIs realistically or start the mission realistically. The people who don't play realistically won't. So it's not good to make a decision off of that. And it won't change anything. Also I may be going off wrongly here maybe you were thinking if they were just regular spawning missions...

Please don't double post, it just fills up the topic and I think is against the forum rules, there is an edit button for a reason.

As Jason said it would have to be a trailer and boat rather than a large boat. As Jason also said most fire services in the uk have some form of water rescue unit whether it be a USAR unit or something else.

actually every known volcano could erupt from mt saint Helena to mt Shasta and the pacific rim of known volcano's and they all can cause the uk some problems :)

I know, they can cause problems for air travel etc but there would be no emergency response needed in the uk

If you don't use a graphics pack when you edit the vehicle you can upload separate images to different vehicles.

I still don't think ALS and BLS is needed in this game.

In 1980 Mount St Helens erupted and before the volcano erupted they evacuated people. I think it would be a good idea to have a scenario of which simulates that in the game.

Some types of calls that might be good are:
    -Evacuation of near-by towns
    -Fire caused by Lava
    -Inhalation of ash

This is a very localised call, in the UK we don't have one single active volcano and there are very few in North America also

Hi !
    Can you insert a new type of Ambulance ?? Ambulance type - B :)
    So we can have ambulance with different skins :D

Thx

This is a completely pointless vehicle, there are more requested vehicles such as Mass casualty units, Rescue Ambulances, K-9 units and Rescue pumps just to name a few. They are not going to add a new ambulance that is exactly the same as the old one so that you can have a new image, That is just a waste of the developers time.

Also why put all capitals and exclamation marks in the title, it gets you no where and it messes up the look in the forum, and i am pretty sure typing in all caps is considered shouting and is against the forum TOS.

If you want two Ambulance images upload images yourself without using a graphics pack, this way you can have as many unique units as you want.

I'm not too sure how this game works but I will dispatch 1 fire engine from Princes street fire station in Ipswich, address is: 1QJ, Princes St, Ipswich, IP1. S03 R5 responding.