Posts by TACRfan

id say 2 casualties because the train driver or a bystander might have shock

Depends on how busy the station is, I wasn't just talking about a person jumping/falling in front of a train but also falling down the side of a train so maybe always 1 casualty with a possible 1-2 casualties

I was thinking of this incident as unfortunately it does happen in railway stations and it would make more use of the Train Station POI.

The call would require 4 Type 1's, 2 Heavy Rescues, 2 battalion chief, 1 ambulance, the Train Station POI and it would pay out 3K. It would also always have one casualty with trauma speciality.

I would but that defeats the purpose of the need for it. It's a universal thing and we all know that's what happens in real life. It's kinda like saying it should be up to the player whether or not the hospitals fill up.

I would say its is not what happens in real life, this game has two types of players, people who go fully realistic and casual players. Filling a hospital up is basic knowledge and it has to happen (I would like the upgrade cap raised from 20 to 40 but that's another thing) however replacing vehicles at a certain mileage is such an in depth feature that it would be completely against the casual player, not too mention the fact that a lot of rural departments don't have the funds to buy new vehicles and are still running trucks that are 30+ years old and that is real life so you can't say it's not realistic (There was a USAF base near me who had a truck from the 80's).

I do however like the repair aspect, the way I would do it would be this.

Have a workshop building for police, Fire and ambulance (all separate however EMS units can be repaired at Fire work shops) these cost 150K each. I would then put a new feature for vehicles them act as a reserve for a length of time of your choosing (max 7 days). When a truck goes for service I would select the reserve vehicle and click a button that says "Cover" and then click the station that I want it to cover at, I would then pick how long I want it too be there for.

I would also put a new unit status (let's say 8 as an example) to signal that this is being repaired, if a vehicle from a station is state 8 then a reserve truck or one from another station would be able to use the cover feature to cover at that station for the selected length of time. When the vehicle that is state 8 returns from repairs the covering truck automatically returns to wherever it was based.

I think this should be up to the player and not a feature in game, if you want to play like this you should record your mileage and then delete and rebuy the vehicle when it reaches your cap

Missions that are generated by POIs don't populate immediately. Think of your Soccer Game and Concert Stand bys. Do you want 5 of them populated all the time multiple times a day? It might be you get an ARFF call a couple times a day or might not see one for a few days...

I understand that its just a bit strange how i have gone through over 1000+ calls and haven't got one yet, i was wondering if they had not been activated yet to allow people to get the training

I have done this for my setup, for Norfolk, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and London i have custom unique pictures i just need to make some for essex and cambs

i agree with having 6 it allows for any posible variations plus we have engines or pumpers have roof turrets that can carry up to 6 people like some normal engines plus here in australia we use the 4 crew panthers not the two crew ones

I did not know they made 4 crew panthers, you learn something new every day

They can be renamed to "EMS Supervisor" NYC have been using these types of vehicles well over 6 months, not too sound rude but I don't see the point in this topic.

I have never seen an ARFF truck with 6 people, I know I'm from the UK but the equipment is virtually the same, the Rosenbauer panther can hold 2 people and can be operated entirely by one person and you could say that most US airfields have Oshkosh strikers but even in the case of them they can be operated by one person, and they can hold a crew of 4. So I think the maximum crew should be 4 and not 6.

The large airport version I agree should have more ARFF trucks required but the small airport I think is fine the way it is.

I do agree I think a stairs vehicle would be nice for the Large Airport calls but maybe enable a platform truck to do the same thing as I know some large airports don't have stairs but do have ladders.

This is already a feature and has been for some time, if you are not using a Graphic Pack then you go to edit your unit and you can do it there.

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming, how much is police going to be needed as I will have to either save up about 12 million credits or buy coins just to cover my area

I have a question regarding the airport POI's, is the to runways defining runway length or size of the airport as I have Heathrow which has 8 ARFF's and I have Norwich which has 3 (it has 4 but I needed a Type 1 there) so I want to know if I have enough ARFF's for the calls that I will receive