Posts by TACRfan

That is not always true. Fire Marshalls are not part of American firefighting in many places. In fact there is only a small handful of depts around here and in a few more in the country that even operate that way. In most of the country it's a police investigator, or fire investigator supplied by the county, state, police dept whatever, the fire coordinators, and the fire chiefs that do the fire investigations with any arrests done by actual police officers. Fire Investigation is most times a joint effort of the police and fire aspects of emergency services. Also a Type 2 is not a Brush Truck, a brush truck is actually a Type 6 if you live in an area that uses those type designations, most places don't, they just call them by name. A type 2 is I believe a 2-door Pumper which coincides with the staffing of 3 which is the most an enclosed cab 2-door can have. Fly Cars shouldn't be needed for certain calls because they have 2 purposes in real life.
    1. BLS First Response from a FD or EMS agency to a scene to handle the on scene duties until an ambulance arrives.
    2. Providing a paramedic to a non-Paramedic ambulance for calls that involve cardiac, IVs, respiratory distress, etc.
    The 3rd is not as common but some EMS agencies have a supervisor, chief or line officer that responds to calls with ambulances in the district. USAR we really need some options before they could implement that because Urban Search & Rescue is not used in a rural setting, it's completely different. district boundaries and fire hydrants are the main thing we need right now along with the ability to train employees to different levels of EMS care, whether that be all 6 in NY, or the 5 in other states or 4 whatever.

Interesting about type 2 and 6 units. For now I think we should use Type 2 fire engines as brush truck and then when we get some more wildfire type calls then add brush trucks.

I also think as we are talking about brush units there should be 2 types: the first one would be the 2-3 crewed type and the second would be a multi role vehicle that combines a type 1 with a brush enabling it to deal with both Calls that require either unit.

In regards to USAR it's interesting to hear that they only operate in cities, here in my county in the UK USAR go wherever they are needed.

Thanks. Ive seen that list inside the game but i mean physically which calls can be handled by which trucks. IE - What can a utility truck do. Someone said it can clear trees down.

Utility trucks share the same abilitys as a heavy rescue

I just had another idea to add on to my original idea, what about having multiple answering points for different services such and fire HQ, Ambulance HQ etc. The different HQs would control each service and would separate the answering points unlike now where every vehicle and building is under one list (see pics). This probably wouldn't be beneficial when just starting out but it's not going to ruin your game, however when you have as many stations and units as me it would really help. This idea would be in conjunction with removing the limit on the amount of answering points you can have.

I have a fleet of reserve vehicles, they are based all over my area at workshops and vehicle stores. They are currently on a major mutual aid call on the other side of the country in Gloucester

I like it, maybe under each station there is a button that says "use custom Response area on/off" and next to it an "edit custom response area" button for you to create the area. If it has been selected as on calls will spawn in the custom area, if it has been selected off then calls will spawn like they currently do.

I think it is better to do it like this so people have the option if they want to do it or not as I would imagine that there are a few people out there that can't be bothered to do it to every station due to how many they have etc

What uses does the Quint have? Can it be used as a Firetruck and a Platform?

You can send it to platform truck jobs and type 1/2 engine jobs. if it is a job that requires a ladder then it will count as both ladder and type 1

the pictures of your fitetrucks you set on your first pic what format is that to use in the game so that the vechile or not to big for the map

Ah ok, feel free to use one as a guide to get the size right, what I would do is open that and the image of the new vehicle, I would then crop the new vehicle and erase all of the background then once it's has been cut out if you will i select it and copy and then paste it over the top of the guide, when posting you will get a message saying "do you want to keep canvas size or expand canvas size", you want to pick keep canvas size and then click, hold and drag the corner of the new picture to resize it and make it smaller and then drag it over the top of the template and overwrite the image and save as a .png file if you are happy. Make sure you don't drag the image straight away as you will loose part of the image.

Oh okay, in the US we don't have a special vehicle for just that, normally our plow trucks will just spread the rock salt along with plowing the roads, but in some areas there are special tankers that drive around spaying a anti-ice solution on the roads.

they are plows in the uk too

How can you edit that? That topic was closed months ago when we were asking about it

Go on open street maps website, make an account or sign in, then at the top of the site there is a button to edit, then find your area and zoom in, you then need to click on the roads around your area and on the left side of the screen it will say the speed limit (the max is 120 in both mph and kph), then change that to what ever the roads limits are and you then save you changes and you should be done

I'm not 100% sure but I think the speed of vehicles is determined on the speed limit that has been set for the road they are on in open street maps, you can edit this free if you believe it to be wrong, my guess is that someone has put the road speed to 120MPH of OSM for you area and that's why they go the same speed because my helis are faster than my ground units