Posts by justineli2001

While true, the vast majority of the time if something beyond an alarm is going on it will get paged as such. I have been on/heard of more calls coming in as structure fires/gas leaks that were not than I have alarms being a fire/leak.

Well yes a majority of the time it's nothing. Departments don't go in thinking an alarm is nothing though (at least they shouldn't) most departments respond as if it's an actual fire or leak. Just speaking from a realistic perspective, I understand what your'e saying though...

Yes, but speaking from an IRL perspective, say you get to that call and it turns out to be an actual fire or CO/gas problem. A truck or rescue company alone is not capable of fighting fires, CO maybe, but if it's a gas leak even then you'll need a suppression vehicle to be prepared to extinguish a fire should one ignite. If the truck is a quint then sure, but other than that in real life most departments send a single if not double engine response to smoke and CO detector activations.

Can we possibly get this to be either an Engine, Truck or Rescue ? I can't imagine this needs to be an engine specific call

US&R would be an interesting addition to the game. They could expand on the building collapses to have bigger missions (than existing collapse missions) requiring the units. I'd say another expansion with the ability to toggle them on/off.

I think SWR Rescues/Trailers cover most of what divers would go to. But generally, the idea is pretty cool.

I would at least like to see the High Water vehicle addition to the game, so many cities have them every city in my area of Texas has at a minimum 1. I live on the gulf coast so high waters are a given, i did my research and major departments that are somewhat landlocked even have them, ex: Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, etc.

USAR Expansion- vehicles to be used for building collapse/airport terminal collapse, etc.

SAR K-9- $7,000

Requires SAR K-9 handler course

SAR Drone- $25,000

Requires SAR Drone operator course

Large Technical Rescue Trailer- $50,000

Towed by Crew Cab Semi

Small Technical Rescue Trailer- $25,000

Towed by Utility Unit or EMS Rescue

SAR Vehicle- $10,000

Water Expansion- Living on the gulf coast and regions with flooding, flood vehicle are a necessity for all fire departments in these parts.

High Water Vehicle- $15,000

Requires Heavy Equipment operation course

Dive Rescue Vehicle- $14,000

Requires SCUBA course

Rescue Helicopter

Requires Aerial Rescue course

These are strictly suggestions for further realism. Feedback if you'd like.

Thats what I'm trying to get at, battalion chiefs are good for big cities that have battalions, but some don't. But for example my city has 2 "battalion chiefs" but they only respond to major events, for smaller we have duty officers or in said above a fire supervisor, but we also have a fire chief, and our fire marshals are fire investigators and police officers, a firefighter with handcuffs and a gun if you will, but that varies from each state and local jurisdictions.

As for the high water rescues, I can make do without them for now, just a cool little expansion I was thinking about. Floods use a lot more than boats in real life. Engines cant respond to flood events usually because the water is too high.