Posts by Alasizon

Looks like the mission title still has the {Large) designation that was attached to it when it was proposed as Small>Large>Major but since it was released as Small>Medium>Large it just needs the title corrected.

Also - can we get all of the carbon monoxide leaks as an expansion from the carbon monoxide alarm call?

I noticed today that there's some missions that come in as, for example, Residential Fire (Fire Alarm System) or something similar to that. To make the game more realistic, I think that having the mission read "Box alarm" as a separate mission with multiple different variants that can evolve into fires or simply stay as a box alarm.

In other words, mission comes in as a box alarm, requires 1 engine and 1 ladder, and can evolve into a residential fire, drug lab fire, high rise fire, etc.

To me, this makes more sense because most of the time when we are dispatched to a box alarm, its nothing but has the chance to turn into a fire, but you as the player would not know what call would be coming as a result of that.

In my opinion, a box alarm call only works for certain cities. While the existing "Unknown Structure Fire" call better encapsulates an option for all cities/setups.

I read the Fire Alarm System modifier as a corporate alarm monitoring company making the call as opposed to an actual RP.

My coast guard missions are still not working. I have only received one (1)

Adding it to every time there is a thread about lifeguards/coast guard isn’t going to change anything. The best path of action continues to be to reach out to support through the official support ticket system.

The second is about why I can not use lifeguard rescue on missions such as shark attack etc

The shark attack mission requires both a lifeguard vehicle and a small coastal boat. Are you saying that it doesn't recognize the lifeguard rescue as a lifeguard vehicle?

Use most coastal stations as Lifeguard station/towers since most of the vehicles are dealing with lifeguard and not Coast Guard. The ones you use for Coast Guard add only the Large and or Small coastal boats and visa versa. Thats what I'm thinking of doing.

This is exactly why I suggested having standalone lifeguard towers. $500k each is super steep.

Well....it is not there and I can not modify anything and I keep getting a pop up saying that certain apparatus (the new coast guard stuff) is not assigned to a category....or something like that

Typically the best way to get it back is to force a reload of the page (Ctrl+F5) but it isn't 100% successful. At that point - only the LSSM devs can really provide better troubleshooting (remember LSSM is a third party script) and as jxn_30 said above, they don't know why it happens.

Perhaps a slightly better way to implement a bit of mechanical issues into the game would be a failed dispatch due to mechanical and that vehicle being placed into an out of service status until repaired (however that mechanism would work). In my opinion that works better than suddenly having to replace vehicles.

With the new Coastal Rescue update, there is an option on the station that allows us to change the mission generation radius and central location for that station.

Is it possible this similar radius functionality can be added to the upcoming QoL pack for every station so we can adjust the mission spawning radius for all stations.

While I'm glad to see Lifeguards made it into the game with a little bit of the coast guard included - it seems to me we are missing the most basic station, a single lifeguard tower.

It isn’t realistic to plunk down a bunch of 500k Coastal Rescue Stations down the entire beach. For example, using LA County Lifeguards as an example, each one of the Baywatches would be a coastal rescue station while the individual towers still need representation.

The Lifeguard Tower as a building should be a single space station that comes with a lifeguard truck and 2 personnel? I would suggest a flat price of 100k per station and have it count as both an EMS station and Coastal Rescue station.

Perhaps along with the planned patient transport improvements this can be added?

Correct - I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of what happens when a firefighter is missing, lost or requires extrication. However a firefighter down doesn't mean the firefighter is always missing, lost, or requiring extrication - it includes being injured on calls.

For example, say two firefighters suffer chemical burns at a warehouse fire but everything else is going according to the IC's plan- an additional alarm would not be called for (you'd definitely get a safety officer if they weren't already present, medics, a replacement company and possibly a few more support companies).

My original point was you would need two call levels, one for an injured firefighter and another for one with floor/roof collapse,

Well a firefighter down is a very intensive mission to rescue a downed firefighter. Perhaps the downed cop mission should need more people or difference resources?

This game needs more big missions to suit people that are building big departments with many resources

Not-Uncommon for a department to send a whole additional alarm assignment when there is a firefighter mayday. Easily 6-7 more units and 25 more personal are dispatched.

It all depends on the department, but typically for a trapped firefighter with no collapse, either units on scene (your RIT team plus available units from staging) will handle or they will add 3-5 additional companies plus another BC depending on the severity.

12 units (your original proposal) would be more if it included a collapse or very technical rescue is more my point. Agreed it is a mission we need but for a regular firefighter down with no collapse/entrapment, no department I know of sends 12 additional units.

Credits and resources seem a little high compared to the officer down call for just a basic firefighter down. Perhaps 3x Engine, 1x Heavy Rescue, 1x Ladder & 1x Battalion Chief and around 2,200 credits (as a follow-up mission to any structure fire) for a basic firefighter down and then your proposed mission could be a Roof/Floor Collapse with Firefighter Down.

Depending on the mission - some missions have the option enabled to allow first responders (i.e. engines, trucks, fly cars, ambulances, etc.) to treat the patient entirely.

You don't even have to specify a custom class - just selecting the dispatch as own class option will ensure it isn't dispatched by an ARR that doesn't apply to that specific type.

The way I look at it too is in many of our larger/more specialized missions, it calls for more battalion cheifs than are necessary simply because we dont have other roles built out for safety officers, liasons, etc. and our battalion chiefs are the bottom level of command as it stands today.

In addition to the IC for a large cargo plane fire,

at a minimum you're looking at:

-Staging

-Safety

-Special Ops (Hazmat)

-Rescue

-Airport/Airline Liason

Most of these roles would be filled either by folks at the captain or battalion chief level and we just currently don't have the functionality built out.

Every major department that I know of always sends more chiefs than necessary on the response to anything confirmed (i.e. working fires and greater) with the expectation that if they are not needed the IC would cancel them but better to send the knowledge at the start than find you need it later and don't have it.