Posts by mdarling6

And if a mission or two needs to have its requirements changed it will be done it short order. We are already working to optimize the update, we will fix any issues that come up, and do so in a timely manner

The only glaring one is that a rollover needs two battalions, yet an entrapment needs one. I feel like both would be fine with just one battalion, but this probably isn’t the place to discusss it.

Emergency,

First off, I’m sure you weren’t referring to me about being snarky and not giving constructive criticism. I reread all the replies, including mine, and none of them are that...well, until now. Take note how I advised on some calls that would be medic calls and asked about the ability to make a probability for ALS necessity. That’s called giving feedback/asking questions as stated in the first post.

I’m not standing here with bells on awaiting the next update like you are. This game has plenty of added features from what it was that I’m content with what we have. Anything else is a neat addition. Requirements on some missions could be revisited, but that’s a different story. So no, I wouldn’t be moaning about the lack of an update. They roll stuff out weekly.

I’m sorry that you quiver at the sound of feedback that doesn’t agree with you. If there is anything you should know about game development, it’s not to rush something just to have. You clearly are not patient enough to understand.

Giving out information to us, gives them information in return to what is being perceived positively and negatively. This helps them to make a better product for us to use.

TAC, I gave you my input on the list for recommendation for improvements in my first post regarding the list of BLS/ALS requirements. Hopefully we will see something in future updates to this.

Few of the BLS runs would actually be medic runs, unconscious person is one, acute asthma would typically be a breathing problem type run, therefore a medic run, child birth, allegergic reaction could go either way. Take a look at PMD codes and what typically would be a a medic run.

Could there be an option for “probability ALS is needed” like how some of the missions are with specialty units? That would work for calls that could go either way.

Also, why the inconsistency on structure fires, why are some only BLS?

3 engines, 1 ladder, 1 rescue and two batt. is a bit excessive though...maybe drop 1 engine, 1 batt and the ladder and that would be reasonable. could upgrade it to entrapment if you wanted extra units like that.

Would that put the idea of station covers into play? Figure a collapse is about 40 minutes to complete, we could move a few units to a station to provide coverage while the other units are on the collapse.

Adding a USAR unit to those calls and replacing a rescue on it would work. There have been suggestions about adding a USAR into the game but in the same sense, you can just rename and designate certain rescues as USAR and send them instead of a typical rescue.

Sounds like in order to have a speacilize Tech Rescue training, a USAR unit would have to be added into the game and dispatched in place of a rescue on those calls. That would cover any kind of land based rescue. You would need a marine unit (boat) for swift, surface and dive rescue incidents.

That kinda takes away from the point of the game. You are dispatching units and it is your responsibility to select the needed units and send.

Look at a burning leaves call that sometimes turns into a roof fire. Units won't go on stand by for a single engine run. The engine on scene reports they have a roof fire now, you get an alert for it and now have to send the units needed for the upgraded assignment (2E, 1L, 1B).

Since we have the option to choose patrol duration of 1, 3 and 6 hours, as well as the option to select in/out of service times, can we add a "Continuous" patrol duration and/or increase to add 12 hour duration too?

If you figure that PD doesn't stay at the station and typical patrol units "patrol", it would be a lot easier if continuous patrol routes could be set up and automatically done so. If a unit comes on patrol for a 12 hour shift, when that unit goes in service, it would automatically begin it's assigned patrol route for the duration of the shift. Or if you want to just make one shift that runs 24/7, allow that unit to be selected to patrol non-stop.

or instead of having a stand alone building to do this, make that idea a part of each station to allow you to adjust the spawn radius for that station

Have a gas station fire and needs a hazmat. I have one in service and staffed with assigned available personnel. I go to dispatch it but it doesnt dispatch. The screen refreshed like it would on a dispatch but still says requires hazmat and mine is still in the station.

Could we have a way to draw out district lines? As you add a station, you would line out what area that station covers. Instead of having it as a default radius, you would mark the edge so no calls would go beyond that point. So if you are placing a station that is close to a state line, some calls would occur out of state and realistically would become that next states call. It would also be great so you are not having to run a larger incident in an area that is far way and another station(s) local. Like if there is a small river and on the other side you have to send units 10-15 minutes out of the way to handle that call.

I have a machine fire going on that required a tanker and air unit which I do not have. While it is slowly progressing the status bar down, I was curious as to what happens when you keep units on a call like this where you may not have one or two of the required units yet.

that would be awesome, something at includes what happens if you dont get the extra engines on upgraded calls, how many engines are due on different types of calls, that even if you run a rescue, you still need an engine on wrecks, ladders cant handle tree on roadway...just a bunch of things like that