Posts by Epsilon

Quints cover 1 engine and 1 ladder requirement for any mission. So if you have a mission that requires 2 engines and 1 ladder, you can send 1 engine and 1 quint because it covers the 2 engines and the 1 ladder requirement. If you want to dispatch quint as a different class then go to the vehicle settings, make the custom class "quint", and select "only dispatch this vehicle as its custom class" meaning that it wont dispatch as an engine or a ladder and will only dispatch as "quint". Then go to your ARR settings and make one that has the custom class "quint" selected for however many you want.

The way that I have my ARR set up is by having an ARR for each unit i use. So I have an ARR called engine that starts the closest engine, one called ladder that starts the closest ladder, etc. I also use LSSM so I can select the same ARR multiple times in order to dispatch an entire mission right from the ARRs.

What about when the alarm says “It lacks a certain unit” even when there are plenty of them available?

Yeah, that means that it cant find whatever unit you are trying to dispatch, there could be a couple reasons for this:

1. You only have certain stations set to dispatch through the ARR. For example, if you set stations 1, 2, and 3 to dispatch 1 fire investigator unit but you dont have any at those stations, even if you have one at station 4, it will not dispatch it because its looking for one at 1, 2 and 3.
    2. You have "exclude from ARR" checked in the vehicle youre trying to dispatch. Checking this prevents it from dispatching through any ARR, even if you have a custom class set and are trying to dispatch it through a custom class in the ARR.
    3. You have "only dispatch this vehicle as its custom class" checked in the vehicle youre trying to dispatch. Checking this prevents it from dispatching as its original class. This means that if you wanted to dispatch a ladder truck but have the class set as something else, it will not dispatch as its original class of platform truck. This is mainly for people who want to dispatch stations instead of number of rigs or are having issues with rigs dispatching through the ARR when they arent supposed to.
    4. You have the wrong unit type selected in the ARR. For example, Fire investigators are not fire prevention units but fire investigation units count for both.
    5. You dont have enough units to make the ARR work. This would be if you had multiple units dispatched on a single ARR, for example, if you wanted to dispatch 3 engines, 1 ladder, 1 BC, and a fire investigator all from one ARR but you were missing something, you wouldnt be able to dispatch the ARR.

Do you have fire investigator units or fire prevention units?
    Also, do you have certain stations set to respond on that ARR?
    Last, do you have "exclude from ARR" box checked on any of the units?

Ok..but that is crazy. Even FDNY does not run 8 or 9 person trucks!

Definitely not, but I was making the point that its realistic to see 8 or 9 man rigs especially in rural areas where availability of rigs might be limited but you have enough manpower and you want to pack as many people in the rig as possible. FDNY doesn't need that because they have more than enough rigs and more than enough manpower to do what they do. FDNY is also a very specialized department and the structure they have likely wouldn't work outside of FDNY and maybe a few cities in the US.

Point is, some places run super heavy 10 man engines, but I don't think that the devs should increase the number of people to put in the rigs even tho it might be realistic for some people.

I think this opens up a lot of options for a more extensive detention expansion

Could possibly lead to more prison/corrections units for extensions, such as wardens, prison busses, and similar stuff. (Maybe even parole officers for specific calls)

Definitely, although I think the devs should focus more on the Fire/EMS side more than the PD side, I don't really think theres much more to do with the PD stuff but there is definitely more to do with fire and especially EMS.

what department has 10 people on any unit? I think the request is to allow more than what is currently allowed such as allow 4 or mor on Truck. Do not change what the minimum is...

There are departments that run 9 on some ladders, 8 man cab with the tillerman. I am not aware of many departments that have 10 man engine cabs, thats a pretty heavy engine not just in terms of the sheer size of the rig but also because it has to have enough tools for everybody.

In my town (real life, not MC), a few of the engines have 8 man cabs, 6 in the back and 2 in the front instead of the typical 4 in the back 2 in the front. I believe there are some industrial engines around me that run 10, although I am not sure. If they were to change the max amount on engines/quints/squads, it should be a max of 8 because thats a typical number for engines that have heavy seating. Same thing with platform trucks, max of 7 as that is typically the most you'll see on those rigs (7 assuming its a tiller).

With all this being said, I think that the numbers should stay as they are right now, like myself and others have said, if they increased it, I have a feeling most people including myself would simply put the max crew back to what it was manually or they'd have to fill those spots which an be in the hundreds for people with larger districts.

The ARR I have set is for 1x fire investigation unit and I only have fire investigator units, no fire prevention units. It isnt selecting the closest vehicle, if its one of the two fire investigator units, it wont dispatch those. I have a total of 8 fire investigator units, only 6 of them dispatch through the ARR i have set up. I can still dispatch them normally but Car 12 and Car 19 (the two having issues) do not dispatch. I have also tried changing the name of the vehicle as well as training another person for each but still nothing.

Update 2: So apparently one of the investigator units dispatched normally through ARR, but the other one still isnt working right. I will do some more experimenting and see why one of them suddenly decided to work

Edit: Seems it only did it once and now its not dispatching again.

Update: I just deleted and re bought both investigator units, cleared my cache, redid the ARR, put stations OOS and back in service, put extensions OOS then back in service, put units OOS then back in service, still dont work. I tried changing the names, moving them to other stations, but for whatever reason the vehicle doesnt start still regardless of where it is, who is in it, what station its at, etc.

Yes. It should be working on both of them. Extensions on both stations are active, staff in the vehicle are trained and assigned to the vehicle, its not an issue with the ARR, dispatch vehicle as own class not checked, exclude from ARR not checked. I can start both units manually just fine. Also, it is only 2 of my 8 fire investigators do not start through the ARR, the other 6 start just fine.

What is with these costing so much and why do some missions require 10+ in addition to 5+ helicopter hangars and plane hangars? Thats like over 40 million to build all of that and for what? 18 missions none of which come up frequently or have a very big reward? What is the pull to build all of this and spend this much time and credits for 18 missions?

Definitely more realistic in terms of seating, but a lot of career departments, at least in the northeast US, run 2-4 on their tower ladders. However, I think that people would have an issue with this in game because of the staffing people have had set up. Personally, I staff all of my apparatus with the max amount and assign people to it, I dont have a large overhead of personnel because when I construct a new station, I take personnel that arent assigned to a truck and transfer them to the new station to bring its staffing up. If all of my platform trucks suddenly had 6, I would either make the max personnel 3 or I would have to hire over 60 people to fill those spots.

I think this mission should require (or have a variation that requires) an arson investigator and a police supervisor or chief, seems more realistic that if there was a fire in a prison cell that youd have a pretty major police and arson investigation response seeing as prisoners shouldnt have any way of starting a fire let alone a large enough fire to warrant 4 engines, a ladder, a light air and 2 chiefs.

Food for thought.

I have been toying around with the idea of having mutual/automatic aid implemented for alliances. For example, 2 players in the same alliance agree on some set plan and when that call comes in for either of them, they can activate that mutual aid response the same way you would use ARRs. If one player is offline, it will automatically take units and send them back when the scene is finished, if theyre online then it sends a notification and requests which the other player can accept and send the units or deny and not send any.

I am not sure if this is a good idea and I havent fully fleshed out the specifics or details but I want to hear what other people think about the idea, probably a really bad idea but I am totally unsure.