Posts by Epsilon

What i mean by this is with stations that have a lot of trucks, counting and adding each vehicles occupancy and comparing it to how many staff i have at the station is time consuming and can be streamlined.

I suggest we put a number somewhere in the station screen that shows how many total seats are available on the all the vehicles in the station. This makes it very easy to compare how many staff I have and how many seats i have open on vehicles, and which vehicles I can buy if I choose to expand and buy a new station.

I have a problem with the way these work. When I say i need a certain amount of units, say 8 engines, 3 ladders, and 3 heavy rescues. It will send quints and platforms both as ladders and same with the rescue engine and heavy rescue vehicle, and use up more resources than necessary. Is there a way that this system can be changed to allow us to turn off certain units or change it to where you can tell it to stop sending units after the requirement has been met?

This way im not sending resources that arent needed to large incidents that make keeping track of units hard (I.E. Large Cargo Plane Fire with Oil Leak).

Unfortunately with the game if you cancel your fire or police units even when the mission has completed but it still has patients left before the mission is 100% complete all units that you have canceled will be required to be sent back to the mission see the pics below I canceled 1 sheriff unit from a completed mission that just had patients left

If I have completed a mission but I have patients still being worked on, I cancel the fire apparatus to make more resources available and just let the EMS do its thing. Could be the US version of the game but it works for me.

This is what Katnip was saying you can do, as long as the progress bar is white then you can cancel fire/police units (US version). This is why having a cancel fire apparatus button would be nice to have so for large missions that have a lot of patients you can cancel all your fire apparatus to free up the resources.

I see that we have 2 buttons currently, one for cancelling all ambulances, and another for cancelling all units. I find that fire finishes up before EMS does with patients, especially for large scenes that have a lot of patients and MCIs, maybe add another button to cancel all fire apparatus (with the exception of EMS transporting engines) to free up fire resources and let EMS take care of the patients and transporting. Sort of a first world problem of going through and cancelling all my fire pieces one at a time but it would be cool to see that button and it would streamline the game a bit more.

Personally I don't think its a great idea, only because I feel that it makes too many multipurpose units and thereby complicates the game, mission requirements, and response regulations (which are already broken af).

I noticed today that there's some missions that come in as, for example, Residential Fire (Fire Alarm System) or something similar to that. To make the game more realistic, I think that having the mission read "Box alarm" as a separate mission with multiple different variants that can evolve into fires or simply stay as a box alarm.

In other words, mission comes in as a box alarm, requires 1 engine and 1 ladder, and can evolve into a residential fire, drug lab fire, high rise fire, etc.

To me, this makes more sense because most of the time when we are dispatched to a box alarm, its nothing but has the chance to turn into a fire, but you as the player would not know what call would be coming as a result of that.

I noticed today that EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance vehicle types do not carry any water, but the point of it is to cross an ambulance with a firetruck. Real EMS transporting fire engines (transport pumpers) do have a smaller than usual water tank, somewhere between 350 and 500 gallons of water usually. Maybe add water to this vehicle type to make it more realistic?

Everyone has heard that hazmat people have enough foam to fill a football stadium, but they don't carry any foam in the game. Maybe adding 50 gallons of foam or something like that would make the game more realistic.

I have a proposal to add platform and heavy rescue trucks to replace fire trucks when doing this mission, most heavy rescues and ladder trucks should carry similar equipment to open a car door to rescue somebody, it would make the most sense to require 1x firetruck (or heavy rescue or platform truck as a replacement), 1x police car, and 1x ambulance (for 1x patient).

Let me know what you think of this change idea.

Perhaps rather than requiring an actual unit we can set it to require a minimum # of fire personnel (3 or 4 maybe) that way the unit choice is up to each player based on what is realistic for them.

I would say 3 because ladder trucks can only have a maximum of 3 before you unlock quints, and a ladder should have the required equipment (assuming we are talking realism) to assist the ambulance

you can look at the station itself and see exactly how many people you have as a target and how many you actually have in the station. Then if you open the station and go to "show" for personnel you can see how many are on each unit.

That only shows how many people I have, I dont assign personnel to a specific truck because I get new stations and vehicles so often it doesn't make sense to. It would make more sense if it showed active personnel vs inactive by having the number right under where the total amount of personnel in the station is.

that is true I currently run a 2 peice Rescue and Air truck for a neighboring department one of their rescues and I would like this to be one truck

The issue I see with this is that there will be too many dual purpose rigs in the game, we already have rescue engines, quints, EMS transporting fire engines, command vehicles, Ems hazmat, TEMS, and a bunch of other stuff, I think it might make it too complicated/complex to add so many different multi purpose rigs like that

One issue that I run in to with a bigger district is figuring out how many people I have on the trucks at my stations vs how many I have in my staff list. I literally go through with a calculator and add up all personnel that are actually on the trucks and if it is more than the number of people at the station, take some off trucks, if it is less, put people on trucks (by changing the amount of personnel that go on a truck).

Adding a small line that says something like 38/42 personnel utilized would be extremely helpful for a lot of people that have bigger districts with stations that have 10+ trucks each.

Thank you.

Unfortunately from what I have found, there isn't a way to turn off certain missions from spawning.

One thing you could do is remove some stations or expansions from your dispatch center list in order to prevent that mission from spawning. But on the other hand to that, you won't be able to spawn a mission like Person hit by a jet ski if you turn off your water rescue expansion.