Posts by bheath

Sorry to be blunt, but the updated mission generated speed selector is ridiculous - please put it back to the way it was - it was simple and understandable - the slider is not easy to work with.

Just a thought - After looking at the mission Monday pages, the list is quite lengthy and is going to take a lot of Mondays to get through.

Would it be possible to have a special new mission month (maybe December) where there is a new mission each day of the month.

This would help get a bunch of new missions out to the players who are not necessarily interested in adding all the newer station enhancements.

I am having problems with FBI Investigation Wagons - it seems to be limited to those missions that have a Drone or Investigation Wagon Requirement - it appears that the code is actually calling for Drone AND Investigation Wagon.

Look at the possible missions information (very bottom right corner) - any missions in green are able to be spawned for you. Your dispatch center config can/will have an impact on what you get as well.

There are three options in the ARR, Fire Investigator Unit, Fire Prevention Unit and Fire investigation Units. Which vehicles do you actually have, and which one are you trying to use in the ARR.

I have my ARR set to use the Fire Investigation units and it dispatches both FIU and FPU's. If you have the Fire Investigator selected, it will not dispatch Fire Prevention and vice versa. While Fire Investigation units will select whichever vehicle type is closest.

Foolish question, have the personnel been properly trained, and if so are they being assigned and dispatched in other vehicles. In this case you should get the notification about it, but it is a possibility?

Thanks for the feedback - in the cases above, there were no ambulances or EMS chief onsite and there were no Police Supervisor/Sheriff cars at the second.
    This behavior just started showing up on 7/11/2023.

It makes it very difficult to keep things moving. The only reason I found it is I use a tampermonkey script to hide missions that are green. I ran out of vehicles. I had two transports required showing up in the radio, clicked on those and worked for the next 20 minutes transporting police. Turned the script off, and found about 25 rescue missions in need of ambulances and ems chief.
    This is definitely a bug, or a significant change in the way the game operates.

I have noticed today that the mission colors are not changing from Green to Red normally. A mission runs and has prisoners to transport. Once all vehicles arrive the mission turns green and the countdown timer starts. After the countdown reaches 0, the mission is not turning red again. This is happening for both police and rescue missions.

Both of these missions should be red.

Double check your ARR, you may want to use the Any Heavy Rescue unit option instead of the Heavy Rescue Vehicle. I believe the Heavy Rescue Vehicle is specific and it will not pick all the vehicle types.

This can be partially fixed using the Set Mission Spawn Area settings by changing the radius and moving the central point so that the majority of the area covers only water. It helps a bunch, and if you set it properly, you can get the same missions and reduce your response times, resulting in a need for fewer vehicles.

So we now know that there are two different map displays, Apple Map Kit and Leaflet using Open Street Maps. So, this leads to the next question, what is the actual dataset that is used for the dispatching and routing in the game?

For updating and correcting the maps, if you create an account at https://www.openstreetmap.org, you can submit updates to Open Street Map and they will be implemented once verified. I have no clue how/when Apple updates their data.

Quite simply, we can't sell them back because it is not a feature that the developers, content advisors and moderators have added. As we have been told before, it is just something that has not been done. If you want to stop using a unit and replace it, it is cheaper to expand station, add more units, and then put the one you want as "not available" (status 6) and set the number assigned to a minimum. Then go in and actually assign member to the replacement units...

For clarification, I do not want to sell vehicles back, I think that would create major issues within the game.

My suggestion is to be able to sell/auction the vehicles to other players, potentially within an alliance if you are a member of one, and maybe even to the user base as a whole (though I would probably not go that far).