Posts by dgsmith67

I would think heavy rescue vehicles would carry small pumps for special operations (such as a flood) They can still be a dry truck just with some support pumps for the other trucks.

Agreed, but to get to the 1500 GPM rating, they would have to carry at least 5 of them (presuming they all have an output of 300 GPM), taking up a lot of space and reducing the amount of gear the rescue could carry. Just keep in mind I haven't been on a fire truck in 30 years, and things may have changed just a little bit since then...

Don't know if anyone else saw this, but all fire apparatus that can pump/carry water (except type 6 & 7 wildfire) have pump capabilities in GPM. I am still confused why a heavy rescue has a 1500 GPM rating... but it doesn't take much to confuse me, either.

I remember that, did the crew plan to ride in the hose bed =O

Nah... They used to ride on the back step, the sideboards, the front bumper, the roof... 8o

On a serious note, having ridden as a 'jolly volley' back 30 years ago, we never had more than 6 on a rig; most guys drove their own vehicles to the scene (blue lights down both sides of the street... What a beautiful sight it was.)

I certainly realize engine and Quints and Tanker Pumpers have pumps... Heavy rescues in the game do not (at least I dont think they do) but even without the extension, I am getting missions that require "pumping appratus" and the Engine/Quints/Tanker Pumpers dont meet. The extensions are being forced

Heavy rescues in the game have no water tank, so how can they pump water? Maybe they are carrying 5 to 8 portable pumps (in someone's deluded mind...), and no jaws, cribbing, ropes, etc. And anything that has a water tank should be able to pump water (quint, rescue engine, type 4 & 5 wildfire).

Whomever designed this did not do their due diligence, and ignored the 7 P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pi** Poor Performance.

I think I am going to opt out of these missions. You need an extension for every little thing now, why not one extension or specialty and call it Emergency Management? To me, this is the kind of equipment that you would store at one location, not in random fire stations.

Correct me if I am wrong.

We do have that setup in New York, there are regional storehouses of these types of equipment for major disasters, run by the state Office of Emergency Management. We have one of those near where I live (based in an underground bunker/fallout shelter). Been in there once, years ago... Scared the hell out of me.

Not to pour more accelerants on the apparent 'dumpster fire' of this new update, but... Why are the pumping capacities for ALL the apparatus shown in litres per minute? We use GPM in the States. If we keep LPM, that reduces pumping capability to (roughly) 25 percent of reality. I know it's a minor nitpick...

Looking deeper, why is there no pumping capacity for quints, rescue engines, or type 3 Wildland engines? They can all be used as 'first due' apparatus. The pumper tanker has pumping capability, as does a regular water tender/tanker. Also, I get that heavy rescue could have portable pumps on board, but they will not come close to the GPM/LPM numbers listed.

No idea who came up with these, but they missed the mark.

was this changed recently? I have tested dozer crews numerous times and the timer never sped up. it's been a few months since I tested that out

I can only speak to my experience, and the dozer helps reduce the time for me. But, I also send it at original dispatch if anything even mentions Wildland, along with my crew carrier. It probably is overkill, but...

Add a dozer trailer and semi truck as well, trained as heavy equipment operator, semi truck driver, and hotshot. Yes, they do reduce the time on a wildfire scene. I even trained my helicopter crews as hotshots, in addition to aerial ops, even though they just do water drops.

If my question sounds dumb, my apologies in advance.

I'm curious why Google Maps is used on the Mission Dispatch maps in the Android app, but OSM is used on the web and in the dispatch center of the app.

I would think that using Google Maps would reduce, if not totally eliminate, the 'road that doesn't exist', 'fireboat crossing dry land', and 'firetrucks crossing a lake without a bridge' issues.

Just a random thought on my part... :/

Can you use LSS Manager V.4 in the Android app, or is it only for the PC browser based version of the game? Sorry if this has been asked before... Kinda new here. Thanks In advance.

Tried earlier to build my first fire boat station/dock, with a large fireboat, on a lake that I assigned manually as a POI. A land-based mission generated, and was shocked to see it populate in my dispatch list. As a test, I dispatched it... The boat literally flew across the map. (I didn't know it was a hovercraft ^^) Was I incorrect in presuming if would stay put on the lake?

Is there a possibility of adding type 7 fire engines to the allowed patrol vehicles? Forest rangers in my area are on the road, not just hanging around their stations waiting for calls.

Apologies if this is not the proper area for this question... New on these boards.

Thanks in advance.