Posts by Curiosity03

As the title states, this thread is about the VMR vehicle (not boat!), which is currently useless.

So the VMR Station is unique on AU in that it allows you to set a mission spawn radius. This means you can set missions to spawn over water. None of the current VMR missions have a requirement for the VMR vehicle and that is a good thing because the vehicle does not at all make sense.

If VMR missions (e.g. boat fire) spawn over water like they are supposed to, how is the VMR vehicle, which is land based, going to get there? It would have to drive over water, which is obviously unfeasible and just plain silly. What I am asking is, why was the VMR vehicle implemented, and what is its purpose apart from gathering dust in a station. There is literally no use for it, unlike the police motorcycle which can go to police missions and speed up the completion time, as well as credit tag. The whole VMR section of mc au is in need of some love, but at least the rest of it apart from the VMR vehicle has a purpose and actually works.

I would love to hear of any future/upcoming updates regarding the VMR building and vehicles.

Name/Type of Mission: Ocean Swim Patrol

Spawned By: VMR Station x2

Units Required: VMR boats 1,

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): none

Patients: 0

Prisoners: 0

Time to Complete: 30 min (timed mission like Yacht Race Support)

Credit Reward: 950

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Swimmer in Distress

Spawned By: VMR Station x1

Patients: 1 (General Internal Specification) 100% chance of transport

Time to Complete: 5 min

Credit Reward: 830

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Capsized Vessel

Patients: 2 (General Internal Specification) 50% chance of transport

Time to Complete: 7 min

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Collision Between Vessels

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Missing Swimmer

Spawned By: VMR Station x3, Police Air Wing x1

Units Required: VMR boats 2, Police helicopters 1,

Time to Complete: 15 min

Credit Reward: 1500

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Aircraft Collision over Water

Spawned By: VMR Station x3, Police Air Wing x1

Units Required: VMR boats 2, Police helicopters 1,

Credit Reward: 1650

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Leaky Vessel

Spawned By: VMR Station x2,

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Large Container Vessel Fire

Spawned By: VMR Station x5, Fire Airbase x1, Police Air Wing x1, Air Ambulance station x1,

Units Required: VMR boats 4, Aerial firefighting vehicles 1, Police helicopters 1,

Patients: 15 (General Internal Specification) 50% chance of transport, 20% chance of air ambulance

Credit Reward: 3250

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Empty Cruise Ship Fire

Spawned By: VMR Station x4

Units Required: VMR boats 3,

Patients: 2 (General Internal Specification) 70% chance of transport

Credit Reward: 1250

-------

Name/Type of Mission: Stolen Boat

Spawned By: VMR Station x2, Police Air Wing x1

Units Required: VMR boats 1, Police helicopters 1,

Time to Complete: 10 min

Credit Reward: 1350

I wish there was a better way to keep track of completed extensions and trained personnel. When you have hundreds of stations and thousands of personnel, it's easy to overlook an extension you might've created and never fulfilled with equipment and trained people. Conversely, I've trained people when a course was offered and either forgot to buy the equipment or couldn't afford to buy it at the time.

Some people keep spreadsheets. I am not quite tech savvy enough for that. Whenever I want to train people for a new unit or extension, I write it down on a legal pad.

I would like to see an easier way to keep track of these within the game. Maybe an icon, even if just a letter, appearing on the name of the station signifying an extension is there. Perhaps a sortable page listing all trained personnel with their locations.

Do you have LSSM?

I think there has been a misunderstanding.

The original request was to have the pumper tanker appear under the 'firetruck' tab in the dispach window, since it counts as both a normal engine and a bushfire unit. This would bring it inline with other units such as the rescue pumper, which appears in multiple categories (firetruck and other fire apparatus) because it fufils both of those roles. Before, the pumper tanker only appeared under 'bushfire vehicles'.

Today the update notes noted that the pumper tanker is "now available in both the fire truck and the bushfire vehicle tab". This is referring to the vehicle market. The pumper tanker should not appear in both tabs in the vehicle market. The pumper tanker is a normal fire truck that has the ability to respond to 'bushfire' calls.

Also in the update notes relating to the pumper tanker "It does require the Bushfire Expansion". This should not be the case. The pumper tanker is a normal fire truck. Just because it counts as bushfire unit doesn't mean it requires the bushfire extension.

Proposed changes:

- Remove the pumper tanker from the bushfire tab in the vehicle market.

- Remove the requirement for the bushfire extension to purchase the pumper tanker.

- As per the original request, please make the pumper tanker visible under the 'firetruck' tab in the dispach menu. It should not be removed from the 'bushfire vehicles tab'.

- Brought up by Mozza, also make the Hazmat Pumper visible under the 'firetruck' tab in the dispach menu, in addition to 'other fire apparatus'.

The first two proposed changes refer to the mistakenly implemented update that resulted from a misunderstanding of the original request. The update on the pumper tanker should be pulled as it was not what the players (including myself) were asking.

I hope all issues can be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Yes this a issue I have brought up in the past.

Pumper Tanker to show under 'Firetruck' tab.

The pumper tanker counts as both a bushfire unit and normal firetruck (like the medium and heavy tanker) but it only appears in the 'bushfire' tab when dispatching. The medium and heavy tankers appear in both categories, so why can't the pumper tanker? I find it extremely annoying when sending units to a mission, so much that I have stopped buying pumper tankers.

Good morning, I created a signature, the box is settings is checked, but it seems not to be working on posts. Am I missing something?

The signature only appears on desktop. If you are using mobile, you won't see it.

I think staff captain is fine on the the UK game we had a building locked to Division Chief but they fixed it, staff captain is perfectly reasonable

Just out of curiosity, what building was it?

Also Maybe Major Field fire > Small bushfire If anyone is sending these to the devs lmk and I can write up a full list of realistic progressions

Yes, make up a full list and share it here. One of the Content Advisers can share it with the devs.

I think it is a great idea, However thinking on behalf of the game maker, why would they implement this, it would stop the need for you to build your stations and grow your district. This would stop the need to set goals buy coins and spend your real money. To have you spend real money is the ultimate goal for the game maker. The only way I could see this working is if you had limited turnouts available from your friend's stations maybe 20 a day or something? Another issue would be how would the scenario stream work because the system would need to anticipate that you are going to use your friends' trucks if you did not have the equipment required for the mission.

I think limited aid turnouts is a good idea. Maybe you could buy a larger amount or unlimited with coins? This could be a way to increase profits for the devs and make this change something for them to consider.

Also I think that mission generation should not be affected by using another persons units. That would make it too complicated.

Mission spawns, you run out of units, but a alliance member nearby is offline, they have enabled "automatic mutal aid", you have "x>1 automatic mutal aid requests remaining", so you can use some of their units.

EMS-Chief if we can give the ems rescue fly car ability why not the rescue engine or type 1 engine? I am not an expert on programming but it doesn’t seem that complicated to do. Especially since they already have 10% capabilities now.

Or instead add a new type of equipment; "Medical Equipment". This can function as a fly car, but attached to a firetruck/other unit.

Back to the original issue, I agree that the EMS fire engine should, by default, not be able to transport patients. For realistic players, and people who like the feature, there could be a toggable switch in settings that allows you to flip between no transport and transport.

Also the name needs to be changed. To quote an alliance member:

"Someone needs to help the devs with translations. Discovery of suspicious machines in a plane ??? who was suspicious? the toaster? Autobot? Decepticon? no no, I got it now, someone found a Lifepak 10 on the plane and it's definitely suspicious."

It should be 'Suspicious object on plane" or 'Suspicious object in plane'.

I think the new mission names lately have been getting too specific. They should be like the base missions, just what the emergency is, not with random details like 'boy finds house on fire and calls 911' when 'house fire' would suffice.

I received an update from the devs.

They believe they have isolated the issue with these vehicles and a fix should be implemented by next Monday.

They should treat transportable patients to 10% and treat and clear patients who do not require transports.

Thank you for your support in getting these bugs to the devs. I am sure everyone appreciates it.