Posts by borthergobbless

I get what you are all saying, and I understand. I was not trying to be "holier than thou" by any means, I simply may have a "touch of the 'tism" so to speak, so stupid little things like seeing "firetruck" makes me brain go awry, but I guess that's my own issue.

I am not sure what a firematics course is?...

That's the term that we used to schedule our essentials and primary courses through NYS when I went through, basically pre-FF1 reqs. I wasn't aware that it was not a generally used term, much like the term "engine", I guess.

here Engines are Engines and Trucks are Trucks

Yes, exactly. This is why I was getting confused. I understand that this game is played in MANY countries, not just the US, but from my experiences in at least the US and Canada, a "firetruck" is only a truck, be it platform, ariel, or any other type. An engine would just be an engine. It just doesn't make much sense to say "Required firetrucks: 1" on the mission requirements when it in fact means an engine.

I'm just wondering why the engines are labeled as "Type 1 fire engine" and "Type 2 fire engine" in the store, but called "Firetrucks" in the dispatch menu.

I know it sounds dumb, but it always throws me off when I'm looking at the requirements and it says "1 firetruck, 1 platform truck", because that would mean 2 ladders.

Just not sure why they'd have different names between the store and the dispatch menu.