Posts by VBMedic

Something I feel that has always plagued this game is the uselessness of the announcement sent out by the developers. It's fantastic that you launched an expansion and you told us what vehicles are included... but what do they do? Why do we need them? At what level of station number do we need to worry about a new requirement? There is really not a single reason I can think of that members should constantly be left to figure it out on their own.

A page needs to be added to the FAQ with a list of what every vehicle actually does, when it is required, and etc.

I've noticed on any omega response call that an ALS unit is required to complete the call. Omegas are a lower priority than Alpha calls and should be capable of being handled by a BLS unit.

I'm looking for a new alliance that has a good community and has people in or around (within say an hour in game) of the Virginia Beach/Tidewater Virginia area. Team Seeker only shows one large alliance in that area but I don't know how far out that goes on the location search so I thought I'd put this out there.

Thanks!

I can see why the DEV doesn't want the EMS Chief to also serve as a paramedic as it would make things much easier in a game perspective. Same with Battalion Chief if it also served as a Utility or Type 2. Some units are just not meant to be implemented as it would make it just too easy.

I've not in my experience have ever seen a Fire Command vehicle carry anything but equipment for command and personal gear. Where conversely it's common place for supervisors to have the ability to treat a patient. Especially if the vehicle is a certified EMS vehicle they'd be required to carry equipment that is at the level of their agency's certification and their own.

For example: I'm an EMS Supervisor and Paramedic if I get into my Fly Car which is certified by the State as an ALS Fly Car and I don't have ALS gear than I'm not legally allowed to be in service and respond to incidents.

I know this brings up an old item...

As we are now using Neurosurgery and haven't in the past we also have Cardiac Surgery as an unused specialty for hospitals. Instead of Trauma I could stand behind this as a replacement for requirement as a "STEMI" center for instance is a bit more prevalent than Trauma Centers in my opinion. A Cardiac or STEMI center is the only reason why I'd bypass a closest facility with a cardiac arrest and only if within reasonable distance.

There are no current plans to add it as a flycar. Originally it was supposed to but Sebastian felt that players would just buy these and not the actual flycar so he felt although they do it IRL it would be abused in game.

This could be said for multiple other things that serve a dual role in the game. Why by ladders and engines when you can just have quints? Why by boats when you can just have a rescue that does both? While there are some systems that a Supervisor doesn't provide any treatment there are plenty that do.

Is there plans to update this so that it can act as a Fly Car? These units are very commonly used as ALS response especially if other units are tied up.

There are some agencies where EMS is actually run by the Police Department when I was in paramedic school I interned at one. Still, this is probably not hugely popular at least that I'm aware of and despite having worked in a system where this happens I still think that if I were an admin for the game I'd be hesitant to add this feature. At some point we're eventually making things too easy by having one unit being able to do so many multiple things.

I'm curious as to why this Neurosurgery thing isn't required for an actual Stroke call but is for a TIA. The likeliness of needing a surgical intervention like thrombectomy is going to be MUCH MUCH higher in a full CVA/Stroke than in a TIA.

I would LOVE to see a medical advisory team.

While each area does have different protocols for some things medicine is still medicine and simple things like would this require a surgical intervention more than x etc is something to the basic level it could be kept.

I do have some military fire department units in my stations actually. The area I have my stations setup have multiple US Navy bases serviced by their own Police/Fire/EMS so I did as suggested above and just created regular stations with those units (see below).

While it doesn't change how I would suggest accomplishing this I do know that West Point Fire Department is directly dispatched by the County 911 Center who answer all 911 calls made in the county including from the base. Calls are transferred as needed to the Military Police station (who dispatch the Keller Army Hospital Medics).

The USCG Fire Department at TRACEN Cape May are also part of the county fire response system and respond first due to all calls on the Island alongside the City of Cape May FD and mutual aid throughout the county.

So while military units can and are certainly dispatched by civilian entities and take part in their local emergency services I certainly wouldn't add a new type of unit or station to do it.

For those interested: The USCG unit is a Rescue Boat unit ID comes from the 45' Response Boat Medium, the US Navy units are: CR = Crash Rescue (ARFF), NA = Navy Ambulance, NC = Navy Chief, NE = Navy Engine, NQ = Navy Qunit. The units are in the Virginia Beach 911 CAD with the prefix N so I just carried it over as I built the City of Virginia Beach I'd say about 80% realistically.

There are no dispatch determinants for bariatric patients and as far as I'm aware (outside of maybe the 33 card or similar IFT cards) that the question of weight isn't even addressed. I would just maybe make two calls "Bariatric ALS or Bariatric BLS" perhaps it could even be a mission expansion. Like a 10D1 call could span a Bariatric ALS or something.

I would like to be able to assign transport units for police and EMS units when multiple are operating at a scene. Personally I like to operate as realistically as possible and so sometimes I'd prefer a Sheriff unit to transport over a regular PD unit in my setup. For EMS it would allow me to send a patient to the hospital via HEMS instead of ambulance if there are multiple patients on the scene, etc.

There should be a command to end patrols for specific vehicles. This way if you have a patrol set for six hours but need to move around personnel or move vehicles between stations etc you can recall them to the station.

Another thought would be being able to mark a vehicle out of service (status 6) while out of the station so that they can return and not be recommended as part of response plans. (This is already done when their "shift ends" for vehicles with automatic out of service times and they are on a call. They return to the station while in Status 6.)

Critical Care Paramedics in the US are generally for interfacility transport. Our normal street medics can generally sedate (with like Ketamine) or Rapid Sequence Induction, Surgical Airways, etc.

Dont wanna bump an old thread but is there an update on this? I have almost all of my ambo swapped to bls and cant handle alot of these events anymore

You should be able to handle them with the BLS/Fly Car combo I'm pretty sure.

I would go with supervisor training being required for a police/ems unit and not a specific unit. With fire the unit itself serves a purpose whereas in the other disciplines a supervisor can be on a normal unit and accomplish the same things. I would also just call it "Supervisor" and not specify ranks.