Ambulance Re-tasking

• First sorry if this is a double up. I couldn't see it already.

Could we look at the possibility of Ambulances already on (Low priority) jobs showing up in dispatch still for higher acuity jobs.

Eg. If I send an ambulance to a Category A or B patient and a C, D or E then comes in it would be good to be able to re task an ambulance that's closer but on a Cat A or B call. Then you re task the A or B job.

Don't know if its possible or easy to implement but it would certainly add to the realism and reflect real life practices.

• Press follow up, you'll see units already designated a call, it shows you what the vehicle is, the call they're on or responding to and the distance away. Therefore you can make a judgement of whether that vehicle should be diverted. If you press on it and dispatch it will then come up as follow up meaning it will continue with its current call before attending the new call, however, you can then press send directly and it will leave it's current call to attend this new call.

I understand this may be a problem because it won't show as an available unit and you don't want to be always looking at follow up but I think what your asking for would be quite unecessary since the severity of the call in this game doesn't matter and if like me you dispatch by highest priority and are realistic then it's not too much to look at follow ups, I generally only look to divert a vehicle if there are no other resources available what so ever and only if it is serious, e.g if there's a cardiac arrest and all units are tied up I'll consider vehicles from further away, response vehicles (flycars) and also other agencies e.g fire who would be able to provide first aid until the ambulance from further away arrived. Additionally HEMS can be quite useful in this situation as although it may be very far away it can get there a lot quicker.

Hope this helped :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!