ARR amendment

• hi, since the new medical improvement i am seeing an issue with ARRs. On some jobs, a JRU is being despatched when i want an IRV to attend. This then leaves the scene when there are no patients remaining (as ambulances should stand down in my settings).
    I would like it to return to an option within the ARRs to specify an IRV (as it did a few months ago), and then the option to send the nearest police car (which would include a JRU).
    Take the Hare Coursing job as an example: it requires 5 police cars and has max 4 prisoners. I want to send 4 IRVs and then the nearest police car. Currently a JRU may attend as an IRV and leave me with a unit short to complete or extra prisoners to transport and tying up units, so i have to go back and despatch further units.
    Sorry for long post and hope this makes sense. I have over 200 jobs in my queue and has caused an issue for me after I started investing in JRUs.
    Cheers

• Hello
    As far i know there are 2 easy fixes to this.
    First would be to exclude JRUs from ARRs
    alternatively if you and to be able to dispatch JRUs wit ARR,
    There is an ability to change the vehicle's category to a custom category. you can then also specify that the vehicle only responds to calls for said custom class (See attached picture). You can then ast up ARRs using the specified custom class (which will appear at the bottom of the list)

• Thanks. These 2 solutions will be useful for some, but don't solve the issue I have. Excluding from ARRs really isn't the answer for me, as I still need them in the ARRs - they carry my CC trained staff. If I put JRUs in a custom category, then they become RRVs so no point having them. The whole benefit of them is they can also attend as a police car. The issue for me is they respond as an IRV when they cannot carry prisoners. The cleanest solution would be for the devs to reinstate the IRV category in ARRs and return the Police Car category to despatch any nearby police vehicle. I currently have all other police vehicles in a custom category so they can attend when I dont need them to transport prisoners (ie the 5th vehicle in the original example).

• Thanks. These 2 solutions will be useful for some, but don't solve the issue I have. Excluding from ARRs really isn't the answer for me, as I still need them in the ARRs - they carry my CC trained staff. If I put JRUs in a custom category, then they become RRVs so no point having them. The whole benefit of them is they can also attend as a police car. The issue for me is they respond as an IRV when they cannot carry prisoners. The cleanest solution would be for the devs to reinstate the IRV category in ARRs and return the Police Car category to despatch any nearby police vehicle. I currently have all other police vehicles in a custom category so they can attend when I dont need them to transport prisoners (ie the 5th vehicle in the original example).

OH, yes I understand your issue better now. My comment was only a suggestion for a potential work around, which I use to good effect.
    Have you tried having your IRVs in a custom category so only prisoner carrying capable IRVs respond to an IRV ARR. I agree this is a messy way of doing it, and that in the long term the devs should fix it but, for now, This is the way I do it and it works well once you work out set up correctly.

I hope find a solution that works for you soon!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!