New game additions and specializations

• If I have a station with an airport extension enabled but I want to add a foam extension, it's a simple process, and all is well. Now we have these specializations, and I am wondering how they would interfere with each other. The new mission nuclear explosion requires a foam specialization which i don't have. If I make an airport specialization and a foam specialization at one location what will happen?

Will they confuse the random mission generator?

Will I still get airport missions with the foam specialization?

Off-topic, now would be a good time to have the discussion of reselling buildings so new specific stations could be built. Yes, I know you can move them but the specializations and extensions already in place cause problems finding a new home for them. I think some form of relief would be good. Might be a good incentive to have a subscription. 8)

• If I make an airport specialization and a foam specialization at one location what will happen?

If you mean by "one location" at the same station, it won't work. While stations can have multiple Extensions, only one Specialization can be active for a station.

The new mission nuclear explosion requires a foam specialization which i don't have.

Not sure where you got that from, but it "only" needs you to have 6 active Foam Extensions according to the mission info (plus some other stuff).

From my understanding of the mission spawning mechanic, it then could spawn either as

a) a regular "Fire Fighting Mission" at a normal fire station,

or

b) a "Chemical and Industrial Fire Mission (Specialization)" at a station with a Foam Specialization.

Of course, it also would need the corresponding POI "Power Plant" within the stations range.

Will I still get airport missions with the foam specialization?

Funnily, yes. Not the complete variety, but there are quite a few missions than are marked for both Mission Type categories. Again, the corresponding POI's would be needed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!