Posts by newfoundking

https://i.imgur.com/X5dRUJA.png
    https://imgur.com/xgN7nLC
    https://imgur.com/pFNFoQU

My situation. I have two dispatch centres and 1 Police Aviation (one HEMS too, but they aren't a requirement, so I don't know if they're affected).

All my helicopters are currently based on the East Coast under 911 Dispatch, whereas my West Coast are all under Metronet Dispatch.

I've always been able to dispatch my Police Aviation and HEMS to my Metronet station, it just took 24 hours to arrive. Now I'm getting calls requiring police aviation under my Metronet centres, so I have three pending calls (currently, and increasing) that require police aviation and it'll take waaaay too long to send em.

https://imgur.com/a/1wOQp

I'm having the same issue as well, my police helicopter station is spawning calls on the other side of the continent, despite being connected to the Canadian dispatch, not American. This is a new issue, just started seeing it today and I haven't had any changes in a few days when it comes to units or stations.

What is its radio callsign? Guys us moderators aren’t disagreeing with you, we just don’t see a need for it yet. For the vast majority of departments almost any unit can serve as RIT, although it does tend to be ladders or rescues. No one has shown me a unit that is ONLY used for RIT, therefore it either doesn’t exist or is extremely rare. I think we’ll out this in the back burner for now, but great discussion on all parts!

The radio callsign is RIC, but it primarily is a rescue.

This idea might be something to look at later on if the game develops differently, but right now I think that leaving RIT to be performed by just any vehicle is best. If training was used to speed up calls or whatever, you could have a specialty rig or training, but now I think that's the best call

I'll chime in here as well. My local fire department has a rescue unit designated Rapid Intervention Command. It's made to serve as a RIT team for long running calls, where waiting outside for activation gets old. Its a walk-in rescue designed to serve its RIT function excellently and the boys at the fire hall love it. Here's the thing though, this truck is still a frontline rescue used day in and day out on any and all rescue calls in its area, just serves an extra role, of RIT on major fires. I use major because it doesn't respond to every incident a RIT exists. We practice for any role you'll need a rescue, you have a RIT team, which means almost every call has one. For this reason, establishing a RIT in this game as a separate training would be unnecessary and add unreasonable bulk to the game in my opinion.

If mechanics were changed, I could see it but as the game is now, it's just not practical to have a stand alone add-on, especially given there's so much more that would effect gameplay more directly

I had it on another call earlier. I believe it was an office fire. I think it's rolling out for all calls slowly. It looks like birds (Kuku) flying around patient. Like the cartoons that would see stars?

There are environmental protection, but not as first responders. Those situations it would be fire department HAZMAT units for the majority of those calls. Ministry of Environment or EPA vehicles may respond after, but not as a primary response.

Yeah, I think the best thing they could do to make it consume less battery would be run in background or run while screen is off, but I think that due to the nature of this game, it could be complicated with calls piling up

For me, the battery drain caused by the game doesn't seem to come from the map, so much as the screen on time, as well as the fact that it's communicating back and forth. Were it an offline type game, it would probably save a small amount of battery, but I think the biggest drain comes from the screen being on, not updating a map graphically.

That's great to hear. I love playing the EMS units, and despite they're low payout calls on their face, they really aren't. Over the past month, Patient treatment and transfers has been my highest earner or second highest every day. I'd love to see some more of these little calls, as well as major casualty incidents that don't necessarily need 200x other units.

I also forgot to answer so:

Festivals would be around 3 hours I'd say, keep it in track with the other calls, and same for hockey games. I figure 30 minutes before and after game, plus 3 20 minute period with 2 intermissions and a half hour opener ;)

I do like the calls you got up here mainly the Mayday and the Workplace Accident
    Now on the events, I do like the Game variant (Hockey) but these game events (in-game) have different police, ems and fire units requirements, so don't bother about giving the required vehicles, that's all xD
    The Festival idea though... really nice, I love it! Giving more variety (like the Hockey Game), I just have a question about it, how long would it last?

Also, since you got some really nice ideas, do you have any ideas for an event that would require more (or only) EMS units? I think that would be a nice event since we have police/fire only event missions
    Have a nice weekend :D

EMS only events, hmm. In addition I would also suggest things like:

Kitchen Accident: Injured person in home kitchen accident. Could be a burn or cut injury for instance

Unknown Illness: Significant illness such as a bad flu or worse, resulting in patient not being able to get out of bed

Miscarriage: While often times something that will not require an ambulatory response, neither is a fever. Due to the nature of this type of incident and how scary it can be, patients may call for ambulance, especially if alone.

Broken Bone: While you wouldn't call EMS for a broken bone in your arm, a compound fracture in the femur for example would warrant a 911 response.

Mass Illness Breakout: A larger type call, could happen at a school or some other POI that has multiple people in close proximity. Requiring massive treatment and transfer of patients

Bicycle Injury: We have bike path calls, lets do bicycle injury. Maybe the rider wasn't wearing a helmet (oh no!) or he was and still badly hurt himself. Fire would not likely be required in this type of call.

Almost need to go through our 911 call logs and see what people call 911 for lol

In regards to Mayday/Man Down or whatever terminology is used, the point is moot for me, I don't care if we call it an "oh sugar!" call, I just used terminology that was familiar for me. Maybe Man down would be more fitting if it's more common.

Few suggestions for calls to make better use of the units we have that are currently underrepresented or don't get enough calls:

Armed Robbery: A call to an armed store robbery or similar invasion where a suspect uses a weapon to rob a business but doesn't maintain a grounds of hostages or similar. My experience with these calls is a SWAT response is not usually required, officers and K9 would be suggested.
    Require Vehicles:
    5 Patrol Cars
    1 K9

Required stations: 6 PD (for k9)

Expandable missions:
    Hostage Taken
    Stabbing

Respiratory Distress: Our EMS units seem to be limited to assistance calls and a few number of responses. I'd like to see a few more regular run EMS calls
    Required Vehicles:
    1 Ambulance

Required Stations: 1 Ambulance

Expandable Missions: Cardiac Infarction

Alarm Response[\b]: A low priority response to an alarm sounding at a place of business or a residence. The majority of calls would be a simple response, but would have a chance to expand similar to real world to calls listed below
    Required Vehicles: 1 Patrol Car

Expandable Missions:
    Officer Down
    Break and Enter (See Below)
    Hostage Taken

[b]Break and Enter: Calls can come in either as an expansion of an alarm response or alone, basically a suspect has entered a premise illegally.
    Required stations:
    6 Police stations

Required vehicles:
    2 patrol
    1 K9 (50%)

Workplace Incident: As much as people don't want to get hurt at work, it happens fairly often, and at least in my experience in other jurisdictions, there's a fairly standard response if the person has to leave by ambulance, whether they fell, got trapped or just chopped off a part.
    Required Vehicles:
    3 Patrol Cars
    1 Fire Truck
    1 Rescue (50%)
    1 Platform Truck (20%)
    min. 1x Ambulance

Required Stations:
    4 Fire Stations

Mayday: along the same lines as officer down, which we see a fair number of times, a mayday would be for calls requiring fire response. Mayday is the commonly used phrase by fire and rescue services when an incident occurs placing the rescuer in immediate danger and requiring help. Unlike officer down calls, multiple rescuers can be injured, due to the nature of pairing up in call response. Like the officer down, it'll be an imaginary employee, as if we took out a member out of your station every time, people would get real sick of it quickly.
    Required vehicles:
    1 Fire truck
    2 Rescue
    1 Battalion
    Min 1x Ambulance
    Min of 1 patient, with a maximum of 5.

Required stations:
    6 Fire Houses
    2 Rescue Stations

I'm also a fan of more planned responses. Right now I'm getting a lot of soccer games and assassination threats. I guess my people love their sports and love threatening politicians. A few suggestions for alternative planned events so that we're able to avoid the same few repeating.

Hockey Game: Oh! Canada. Seriously though, I'd love to see this as another type of sport event planned. The major league games I've got to usually have a fair bit of EMS on scene (we hurt players a bit) as well as security.
    Required Vehicles:
    3 Ambulances
    3 Patrol Car
    1 Fire Truck
    Required time 3 Hours
    POI Required: Stadium

Festival(Outdoor?): Here, especially in the summer, we have a lot of outdoor festivals and events. The winter has started to see many of their own as well over the past few years
    Required Vehicles:
    1 Patrol Car
    2 Ambulances
    2 Fire Trucks
    Required time: 3 Hours
    POI Required: Park

Speed Trap: We all know cops love to hide and run ticket traps, or as they call them here "Targeted Enforcement Measures." Similar to a DUI traffic stop, you'd require several cars, but on a shorter time period, as these enforcement measures tend to get burned within an hour of setting up.
    Required Vehicles:
    5 Patrol Cars

Required Stations: 5 Police Stations

I figured I'd throw out a bunch of suggested calls so the developers have several options to choose from. I'm not expecting all or any to get implemented immediately, but I wanted to throw my two cents forward.

Just trying to understand. Does this serve a functional purpose, or purely for RP/aesthetic? I know it lists all training next to their names now, and allows you to sort by that (click education). Of is this just a visual add on, like with colouring vehicle types?

Noticed today when in alliance missions, if you have an alliance member who has a transport pending is offline, it'll state you can release the patient, however the button underneath reads leave with transport. When you click this button, they leave without the transport. Might be a tad confusing, due to conflicting language in the blue box compared with the button.

(The V word is censored? Tried to use it in place of compared with)