Posts by JPH

Bump

We are currently a Top 5 Alliance! If you're looking for a fun, laid back group of people to kill time with... feel free to apply!

intrested in joining was curious as to whether or not ya had any members in texas

We do! We have players in Houston, San Antonio, and the Dallas area. Feel free to message me if you have any further questions!

JPH
    Co-Admin

The intention for the unit was to be a sort of co-ordinator for ambulance resources on a scene. Their role is to manage patients rather than treat them - which is the job of the ambulance crews. I'm not 100% sure how it works in the US but in the UK, our OTLs (operational team leader (can go by different names)) don't count as "pairs of hands" like an ambulance crew or response vehicle would.

Typically in the US, the EMS Captain/Supervisor/Chief is the senior medic on shift. They usually can perform specialized patient care/carrying equipment that the normal medics aren't allowed to do/carry. Additionally, they would be in charge of the EMS reports and quality improvement/assurance as well as EMS training that is on shift. They are essentially a BC for the EMS side of things. But if it's a large enough call, the BC would typically be in command. For them being the senior medics, it does not make much sense for them to not treat to a certain extent.

The Education Admin allows the player to start classes in academies that are owned by the alliance. The Finance Admin allows the player to build alliance buildings and set discount rates for donating to the alliance. There may be more, but those are the main ones.

It's not the intended purpose of the unit, it's the usage. The BC is required on a fast amount of calls and rightfully so. The EMS Chief has a few calls ,if that, to where they are required. Overdoses, Cardiac Arrest, Trauma alerts, Structure fires to act as safety, accountability, etc . could be things they could be utilized for. My gripe is the game requires the EMS Chief but has little usage for it at the moment.

But I agree with OP. There could be a revamp of how the units function/are needed. Maybe even with a new developer, we could push for better combo units as well.

Is it possible that the developers will add an update to the heavy rescue where its a heavy rescue+mobile air like heavy rescue+boat as in real life many heavy rescue have a cascade/mobile air unit. I also know that the developers and this game isn't suppose to resemble real life but it would be a nice feature

This would be nice. Would love to see a special ops heavy as well that can act as both a heavy and hazmat unit. Hard to find dedicated single unit responsibilities outside of larger metropolitan areas.

Personally, I like a top-mount pump. Biggest advantage of the top mount is you're out of the road and have 360 degree view of what's happening. You're also out of the way of all the hoses should anything happen.

The biggest disadvantage is the increased potential for injury due to the up & down. Wheelbase and a tight turning radius are important factors. Not only that, it adds a bit of $$$$ to the cost of the vehicle.

All in all, it comes down to personal preference. They all pump water, and have levers and buttons and lights. just depends on what you want.

Good Morning Everyone,

I have kind of kept up with the process of ownership/development being transferred over with mission chief and other versions but where do we stand for suggesting improvements, seeing updates, new features, etc? Are we still in the honeymoon phase of the new ownership getting settled in?

Best Regards,
    JPH

Good Morning All,

I would like to formally introduce a brand new alliance in Mile High Emergency Services! We are looking for members who enjoy being a part of a realistic alliance that like to have fun. We strive to be as realistic as possible with station locations, resources, staffing, mutual aid, etc. All admins/area chiefs will take part in helping you obtain info on your area if possible.

The alliance is headquartered in the Denver-Metro but we accept players from all over the world. We require that you place your stations and resources, staffing and units to the best of your ability, like their real-life counterparts. The alliance provides daily missions, storms, and buildings for all contributing members!

Check our rules to see how we operate. When you apply to this alliance, you agree to follow the rules set forth.

Rules:
    1. Have FUN
    2. Please place stations in their correct locations. Failure to do so can result in termination from the alliance
    3. If a member has already started on a department, consult with that individual and/or Area Chief.
    4. Open all buildings to the alliance. Limit tax for hospitals to NO MORE than 30%
    5. You are not required to share calls to alliance members nor respond to any alliance events/missions.
    6. Alliance Buildings, Storms, & Missions will be requested via the forum. Only contributing members to the alliance fund will be considered for alliance buildings.
    7. DO NOT recruit from other alliances.
    8. Limit vulgar language in chat.
    9. Never give out your password to anyone....ever....ever, ever.
    10. Be respectful to all. Disrespect will not be tolerated.
    11. If you ask to be an admin, you won't be.
    12. Don't spam alliance chat or forum.

Good credit hunting!

Ah, well to me that's a little different scenario, like a rescue ambulance combo unit, at least how I'd see it. I can't imagine a Lt and two FFs for just medicals, so that unit probably also would respond things that would require a rescue truck as well. We used to do similar to that here, Rescues that can transport people as well and would provide EMS. To me though, the solution to this isn't adding a third seat on ALS ambulances, but making another combo unit, Rescue Ambulance, which couples Rescue and ALS, but that opens another can of worms too. Like what happens when the patient clears before the call is finished, etc.

No Rescue. That's just what we call the unit names. Instead of Medic or Ambulance, it's Rescue. But it has no extrication capabilities nor being a rolling toolbox. Basically an ambulance with some irons, a couple packs, and bunker gear other than the normal EMS equipment. Personally for MC, I don't mind either way for the staffing of an ambo. Just spreading the info that we tend to be quite weird in Florida :thumbsup:

One other thing to keep in mind, when you say they can do everything a patrol can do and more...is that K-9 (or SWAT if it was implemented) would not be able to transport prisoners. Realistically speaking you wouldn't put a perp in the back with the dog, nor would they be put into the back of an armored SWAT van.

With the new set ups for Canine officers, many have a one person cage to transport if need be. SWAT is subjective. Obviously you're not transporting suspects in bearcats but SWAT certified officers running unmarkeds would definitely have the ability to transport.

EMS training for Fire Apparatus would be great. I'm assuming that the ALS trained unit would treat the patient the same as a fly-car?