Posts by Charlieaa

Ye so this is where a HEMS RRV would come in, I know it’s starting to get a bit complicated but there are many different levels of care available in the UK, each trust differs and it also depends on the HEMS crew, quite a lot of crews don’t have doctors on board and just operate with CCPs and therefor would only provide the same as the CC RRVs, however, some have doctors and some RRVs have doctors e.g. MERIT or BASICS.

I think maybe we need some more medical trainings in the future, e.g. Urgent Care (Which could be an option as the opposite of critical care to treat lower category calls and discharge at scene etc) and also Physician Response (Offering a higher level of critical care with the addition of a Doctor).

But I that’d be for the future.

Ye, in regards to them being critical care trained I don’t want them to be I just want them to act as a normal RRV.

But ye this seems to be a bug.

Hi,

Just a quick little suggestion. In the UK (at least in NWAS) Team Leaders as well as other resources like Officers are able to respond to calls as an RRV, similarly to how the HART units work.

Any chance this could be implemented in game? I often have a Team Leader as the closest resource and realistically it would be sent but it would be pointless in game as they do not treat patients.

Hi, I’m sure I read somewhere about the welfare unit but can’t seem to find it. Is the HART training requirement being fixed?

Few questions about this new update.

Will missions be getting updated to have requirements of the new vehicles? How will it work, because right now I can’t find any that require them.

And what’s the difference between a Water Carrier and a HVP? I would have to upgrade my station from small and buy a slot and buy the vehicles just to have a vehicle that does the same job but has a different word?

Hi,

Quite a few of my stations operate a day crewing system meaning during daytime hours crews are available at the station, but in the nighttime they are on-call. Therefor changing response times, I try to be as realistic as possible but at the moment I am keeping them constantly crewed.

I also have the same issue with HEMS as it is only available during the daytime, however, it would require turning off the HEMS requirement manually.

I appreciate we have the shift times but this doesn’t really work.

Any suggestions? What do you guys do?

I would use a CARP personally. I would set it as it’s own vehicle category and the I would send it to fires requiring an aerial as most of the time an aerial is used as a water tower rather than for rescue at a fire. If it’s a rescue type call requiring a height vehicle then I’d send an actual aerial.

To answer your question about it, no, it only functions as a water ladder and aerial combo.

Ye I think I’ll do that. Thank you!

Hi all,

Just wandering what everyone uses for their scorpion/hret appliances. I was thinking of using a CARP as I suppose that would be the closest thing however, the HRET doesn’t provide the ladder function of a normal aerial platform so for some calls it would be unrealistic to be used as a CARP. I might just not use it at all to be honest but if anyone has any ideas?

Also, does CARP just function as a water ladder and an aerial platform or does it function as a rescue as well? Thanks

Hi, I’m a bit confused. Every time I collect a pumpkin nothing actually happens, can someone advise as to what it actually does?

If you wanted a specific water rescue unit you could just rename it HART vehicle and use it in that way. Many different areas have different units but it would be ridiculous to have all of them, hence why we only have vehicles which are universal and can represent multiple units and you can use them in a way that you like.

I would like to see a SORT version of a water rescue unit (optional) as in Scotland they have SORT water rescue units and I personally wouldn't mind using them in my Kent set up could be a expansion to HART bases

HART/SORT is responsible for many things, swift water rescue is part of their skill set and they don’t necessarily have a specific vehicle for it, some trusts me, however most have the vehicles equipped to deal with everything from terrorism to water. If they are out of station e.g. returning from a call they need to be able to divert to a new incident and if they had to go back to the station to swap a vehicle that would cause issues irl.