Posts by Morvran

Yes, the limit is to avoid longer loading times. There are only 250 vehicles loaded at once and each click on the "load more" does load 1000 more vehicles.

=> The button does have good reasons.

If you have to press the button (almost) every mission – even on small ones, you may want to overthink your system and try to spread your vehicles a little different to avoid that issue. (You of course don't have to do that and I also understand how the button can be annoying)

Ah thank you, its a shame the limit is so low. For the most part, my set up is as realistic as I can get it, so spreading them out unfortunately isn't really an option. If it's client side and not MC side, Then definetly an option they need to add.

I've been expanding pretty heavily recently, and started hitting the issue of having Vehicle display load limits when dispatching units. Forcing me to hit the button to override on almost every mission, which is not only 'exhausting' but also very annoying (especially when on mobile) Is there a way to increase the load limit/remove the load limit? I've had a look but couldnt find a setting anywhere. Any help would be appreciated

Loving the update so far, but thinking that 2x ILB for investigate flare is maybe too much, or maybe allow other lifeboat units to respond like Heli or ALBs might help too, struggling with the number of ILBs for a semi-realistic set up and may need to add second ILBs to stations that actually only have 1.

We've seen recently an option to toggle event missions on or off, but the issue i'm finding at the moment with 2 on-going events, that im only getting events for the football and very few for Christmas, making the tasks virtually impossible.

So my suggestions would be to add toggles for each active event, So you could turn off the football but leave the Christmas ones for example

Been noticing this a bit in the past few days. Sometimes with the "Smoke Inhalation" follow up missions, the missions will spawn with no patients. This will continue with all subsequent follow up missions from that incident. The mission can be instantly completed by deploying a unit to the mission and then cancelling it or by deploying any unit to it. Resolved one with PRV from a HART base, not sure if any unit works, but I imagine anything that refreshes the mission status will end the mission. Of course you get no reward with no patient to treat

The only free building is a staging area. Dispatch centers are NOT a place where folks store apparatus. If you have extra apparatus that you no longer want to use, simply go to the specific unit and make it "unavailable"

But that still takes up a vehicle slot at the station. Im talking about somewhere to store surplus equipment so that you can then buy and use another unit at the station without deleting it and wasting that money on it. I know dispatch centres won't necessarily have a depot yard like that, but the dispatch centres in this tend to operate more like a HQ building and a HQ building MAY have some storage capacity, but I do think a specific small building would be better.

Dispatch centres or a free/very cheap building that is purely a depot, a building that units cannot be dispatched from/staffed, but could be stored in a state 6 state could be good. If you want to replace a vehicle and just want to store the original to put into a future station could be good. Even if it was limited to say, 10 vehicles, but of any type.

When transporting a patient to a hospital, you can select a button to filter the hospitals shown to show only hospitals with beds available. It would be great if we could have a similar button for police missions to only display police stations/prisons with available holding cells.

A change/improvement that would be helpful is if you could set a vehicle to State 6, even if it was deployed. So upon returning the station it would assume State 6. But it too operate like it was on a follow up. So it would finish doing whatever it was set to do, and then after returning to base, it would assume state 6. Allowing units to be blocked from going out again, even if they are doing something. Handy for when you want to move stations or change units at a station

Quick question, with the critical Care, when a patient requires critical care, can that be provided by any unit deployed with critical care personal, such as in an OTL or does it have to be in an ambulance/RRV?

You get lucky you get some free stuff, you get unlucky you get nothing, but likewise don't loose anything. I don't follow sports, particularly football, so I'll be either shoving in random guesses or asking a friend for suggestions.

Minor request, would be great to be able to have additional tabs added for the follow up window so you could just view fire, para or police, would make selecting follow up units a lot easier

Originally I had all HART locations as they are in real life

I originally planned to have HART bases in HART locations but found that this was not viable due to the closest being an hour and half away from my main area at the moment. but instead I have the HART base in the closest NARU location instead, has helped, though I suspect i'll need to do the same soon, and find a good place to put a second NARU or HART Base in.

I've got most fire station set up mostly accurate (though still need to invest more to get it 100% right) but seems okay so far, Police and Para im not worrying about too much at this stage, but might in the future (Locations are right, just not unit comp)

But to answer Morvran I would put 1 in most whole time stations for a station manger 1 per district/region for a group manger and 4 at the HQ. In areas where you fall short have some respond form home

Thank you, yeah this was what I was thinking, but was wondering if I was missing something.

And thank you all, good advice and suggestions

Trying to have as realistic a setup as possible, but struggling with finding how fire officers are distributed. I'm guessing normally they'd just ride the main fire engine and not go in a separate vehicle.

How have others distributed them? 1-2 per station or do they tend to be located only at main stations? I'm currently set up in Dorset so it's D&W fire.

Thanks in advance

I have been playing again a lot recently and I feel like there needs to be a greater range of options for mission speed.

To begin with, I would love to see a 2 minute option for spawning speed, as I find 1 Minute too fast and 3 minutes too slow.

Secondly and more importantly , I would love a random spawn time. Where you could select a max time interval and minimum interval. For example, it could be minimum of 1 minute and a max of 5 minutes. Everytime a mission spawned, it would reset the timer, and a new mission could spawn between 1-5 minutes. This would give the game a little more realism in the form of randomness, but would also increase the spawn rate of missions, without swamping you with missions.