Posts by ChiefBoden61

EMS Companies that are not part of Fire Stations are private and do coverage for jurisdictions and inter facility transports in real life. If a Clinic has an ambulance it is owned by that company. Therefore you can't switch them as it is two (2) different companies.. One is a medical facility and the other is a medical transport company. Would be like recruiting new firefighters and putting them in the police department. Two completely different medical establishments

very nice I am in an alliance in Florida and have about 12 counties covered from the Tampa area north and a few east...

OK....then they should be sent in numbers relating to the size of the fire.

Well actually the game rolled backwards from when the fire marshals where introduced. There where missions for the fire prevention unit now they are combined

Now you don’t have to train staff when a mission requires fire investigation unit you can use the fire prevention unit they do the same now just the fire investigation unit is a dual purpose unit and counts as a patrol car with the ability to transport prisoners

understood.....but why so many?

Why the need for the excessive amount of fire investigators? Most places are lucky to get one (1) to come out on the same day much less 4 for a "destruction of public property". I have investigators spread out in my coverage area and even created Fire Marshal Offices to cover holes where there are no departments. But in some cases because of the rural aspect of my counties, I have to have an investigator travel over 100 miles to be able to get 4 on scene.

ol i have another question as to the game.. why is it a quint cant be used for a crushed person incident and i still have to send a heavy rescue/rescue engine same goes for broken glass incedent.. a quint is a multirole truck so it should still suffice as a rescue engine also.

In this game a quint is just that.... a quint... an engine with an aerial, pump, hose, water and ground ladders. While some folks do have their quints equipped in real life for special or heavy rescue it is not the case in the game. A quint can replace a Platform and where an Engine and Platform are required (such as damaged roof) you can just send the quint. In this game the "Rescue Engine" is the dual role as a squad or engine.

Hence why I'm asking you what sort of missions you believe would be at a college POI that wouldn't occur elsewhere.

I guess I was looking at a High impact large scale event such as some sort of MCI at a College Game vs High School College Dorm Fires. Active Shooter on Campus of College vs HS....things such as that... larger venue, larger casualty

It is for players with multiple dispatch centers so if you have 8 police stations in 1 but 1 in another you shouldn't need swat (can be especially helpful if set ups are far away) it has no effect if you only have one

so if i have only one dispatch center for my entire setup.....do i leave it unchecked? or check it?

I think the burst water main requires a few to many units especially considering its more a job for the water company so I think it should be 2 engines 1 Battlion.

I think perhaps 1 Engine and Police would be more like it. Nothing Fire Dept can do and if it is creating a problem in the road, then it is a police problem. Fire could lend a hand, but it is overkill in my opinion

Not sure what the question is. I am part of an alliance... I have one dispatch center for about 10 counties in the alliance that I cover. I think every station has a forestry expansion and I have even built stations...called them Florida Forestry, put all wildland equipment in them and moved out the type 1 engine to a different house. I get all types of wildland missions spawning and also controlled burns. But sometimes I go days without any wildland missions

Vehicle and Personnel RequirementsValue
    Required Firetrucks3
    Required Battalion Chief Vehicles1
    Required Heavy Rescue Vehicles2
    Required Police Cars1

Here is another one... Why all this fire equipment for a broken water main?

not sure how to get that information for the US Section Even in the alliance I am in, I have more credits that the Alliance Chief.. Not that it really matters of course....but just saying... I see what you say about incentive.....but it could work on the other end as well because folks can develop a mindset of "never getting there. May have a few more levels such a Chief Executive Officer, City Manager, State Fire Marshal, State Emergency Mgt Director... I know those terms would certainly be different for across the pond.

I am from Florida so when I think of Storms I think of Hurricanes...thanks for the insight

This has been discussed before and I am sure I will get crucified for brining it up. But would like to know what others think. In my opinion the cost for promoting to a higher rank become outrageous after the Battalion Chief level.

I have played this game religiously every day for 179 days in a row and I am at the Battalion Chief level. I balance the play between work (sometimes even play at my desk at work), family, house stuff to do and travel. I have gained a total of 141,525,172 credits, averaging just under 800,000 credits/day. I need 858,474,623 to reach Division Chief. If I continue that pace it will take me an additional 1073 days. At that rate, if I maintain that average, it will take me just shy of 3 years of consistent every day play @ 800K each day. Even if you played at TURBO level (a speed that you can barely keep up with) or did a 3 hr disaster each day the time period wont change much.

I just think for a game, this is extreme. Even if you took the required required for your first promotion and counted them towards your next level with additional credits required it would still be extreme.8)

I think they should be lowered. It seems as if the developers want to see you not exceed.:?:

So...that is my two cents work. As I said in the opening, I am certain to be crucified by some, but then again, this is a place for open discussions, and I have followed the TOS

Ok....I guess that make sense to a point

• what is a road accident?
    • Why does a power line struck by lightning always result in patients to transport but the mission requirement list no ambulance?
    • When you create a "large alliance event" that last 3 hours and you select "storm" why are the majority of events spawned "road accidents" "brush pile" "small field fire", "leaf fire" and "grass fires" In my career, rarely do storms ignite grass fires, leaf fires, or brush piles and field fires