Posts by Fastfrankie

I think it is a great idea, However thinking on behalf of the game maker, why would they implement this, it would stop the need for you to build your stations and grow your district. This would stop the need to set goals buy coins and spend your real money. To have you spend real money is the ultimate goal for the game maker. The only way I could see this working is if you had limited turnouts available from your friend's stations maybe 20 a day or something? Another issue would be how would the scenario stream work because the system would need to anticipate that you are going to use your friends' trucks if you did not have the equipment required for the mission.

True good point besides we already have mutual aide in a way by sharing missions with the alliance. I didn’t even think about that.

Definitely a great idea the question is how would you let members decide who to request? For me I know in my alliance a few people also play in Philadelphia so I would have several choices also how would you go about assigning points for the person whose apparatus assists I was thinking maybe 25% or even 50% of the mission reward?

I think that your fire engine treat only 10% of the patient and then the treatment progress bar stops until an ambulance arrives

Correct only 10% which means a simple coding change can allow an increase. I am not asking for 100% but something similar to realism for instance a person hit by a motor scooter or even more basic a fever. The engine gets there gets vitals and transfers the patient to the ambulance when it arrives so if they were healed to say 50% that would be about equal. Even if they had a sliding scale of 25% to 50% depending on the call just something more realistic and reasonable.

EMS-Chief thank you for this information but this does not help with our wish. We would like the fire engines to be able to treat BLS/ALS patients if personnel with ALS training is assigned to the vehicle, before transporting with an ambulance. This would be like REAL life in several US fire departments.

The current trend of the game is to assign trained personnel to a wide variety of vehicles, so the most realistic thing would be ALS trained personnel assigned to fire engines with the ability to treat patients, like in real life. I can see many people who wish a more realistic game. Thank you!

Exactly I would venture to say 90% of the municipal paid fire services in this country and about 75% of the volunteers provide at least BLS level care with their fire engines. We should have something similar for a level of realism

Or instead add a new type of equipment; "Medical Equipment". This can function as a fly car, but attached to a firetruck/other unit.

Back to the original issue, I agree that the EMS fire engine should, by default, not be able to transport patients. For realistic players, and people who like the feature, there could be a toggable switch in settings that allows you to flip between no transport and transport.

Absolutely I have suggested that too.

EMS-Chief if we can give the ems rescue fly car ability why not the rescue engine or type 1 engine? I am not an expert on programming but it doesn’t seem that complicated to do. Especially since they already have 10% capabilities now.

I have posted similar threads I agree it definitely affects game play. I would love to either have the option to make It non transport capable or even better through storage and training allow a regular engine to function as either a basic life support or advanced life support fly car. Using my area Philadelphia for example every firefighter is trained to at least the Emt level and engines respond to cardiac arrests and other acute call’s especially if an ambulance is coming from outside it’s first due response local.

I strictly use them for realism. I model my game play after Philadelphia Pa which has two man swat units patrol citywide and then what’s called Mirt’s aka Major Incident Responsd Teams to respond to higher priority swat calls along with the bearcats I use the tactical trucks as Mirt’s and have two citywide.

I think the most appropriate implementation of this right now would be to add an "ALS Equipment" to the equipment market that can be added to Engines, Trucks, Quints, etc. that requires the ALS Training (min 2 personnel) to function and in turn would add fly car capability to that equipped vehicle.

Changes to the EMS Engine/Ambulance seems like it is more targeted as a workaround than as an actual request.

Absolutely that would work add it to the available equipment that actually is a lot more simple. But another suggestion would be to increase storage capabilities of engines and ladders to 20 so they can still carry say rescue equipment. EMS-Chief

That’s exactly what I mean except i would make all engines basic life support and still require an ambulance to transport patients. And yes their are transport capable fire trucks but at least in the USA they are extremely rare I have only ever seen maybe 2 dozen online and none that I know of in my area of Pennsylvania EMS-Chief

I totally would love to see this feature!!! Something that I would add to this though would be that you would need a new station to refit (the mechanic's shop). This would be a really cool new feature that I would love to see added to Mission Chief.

I would be all for this and you could add in random routine maintenance requirements which allows the added realism of utilizing spare apparatus’s also if the game expands it gives a platform for police tow trucks. A lot of areas mine included have police tow vehicles and I can think of all kinds of missions to incorporate tow trucks and ways to create profit with them.

He is thinking about an option to allow the EMS Engine/Ambulance to transport or just act like a fly car (I am guessing they mean like a BLS Upgradable (IE requires a fly car (or other equivalent unit) or ALS Ambulance to fully treat a patient))

Exactly what I am thinking the engine operates as a BLS engine and begins initially treating the patient to a BLS or ALS level however it still needs an ambulance to transport. A BLS level would be more realistic.