Posts by VBMedic

I think EMS supervisors as a special training for fly cars to allow them to respond to incidents requiring multiple EMS units would be fantastic. I think that having Critical Care isn't a bad idea but I think they should be planned transport missions and not something that is an emergency response to a scene (HEMS fills that function). Stroke Units are becoming a thing... so that's an option... though again I don't think that should be a requirement maybe just a higher pay out for the mission.

The machine fire is kept quite vague as it allows for the call to be generated anywhere in your area. If it were to specify a particular machine then it would most likely have to be kept to certain POIs. I'd use a bit of imagination with this one.

I often think of it as an appliance fire myself.

I know where I work any fire within a structure is generally treated as a structure fire. So while the size of the machine could vary we would dispatch a first alarm assignment either way. While I'm sure not all places operate this way it could account for the larger requirement.

If it's just a telesquirt isn't it just capable of water? If so if you want to play to the capability I would just use an Engine as it wouldn't have the ladder capability like a Quint. Though, if you don't have quints anywhere in your system you could consider replacing the squirts with quints for the purpose of the game.

I support this completely, if anything for events that require multiple units maybe one als two bls or etc. Would really depend on the size of the event and any suspected risks.

When put up against the game the only medical facilities are hospitals which would have emergency rooms.

VBMedic, you may still transport to these facilities though you will not receive as many credits.

I apologize for the double post but I forgot to mention this. I'm aware that this is a possibility and sometimes do this depending on how "realistic" I feel like operating the game that day. However, because I don't necessarily see the need for them all to go to a trauma center I wasn't sure if it was supposed to happen every time or just a sometimes kind of thing.

I'd say trauma centre is the best option for those specified above, If a cause for the cardiac/respiratory arrest was given I'd agree that a cardiac centre would be an option. Respiratory arrest/difficulty breathing is not always from a cardiac issue and trauma is any life threatening condition - so a trauma dept would be appropriate, I'd have thought you'd know that judging by your signature...

Judging by my signature I would say that a cardiac arrest where you have ROSC that a Cardiac Center is more appropriate and quite honestly a trauma arrest is likely just going to the closest facility. A lot of places that do not show a response to 30 minutes of ACLS in the field aren't even transporting the patients anymore.

As well as the fact that in three different states that I've operated in the protocol for any active arrest is the closest facility.

Not everyplace does the same thing the same way there is no reason to be condescending or obnoxious about peoples education especially when you clearly haven't all the answers.

I've noticed that there is a trauma requirement for Difficulty Breathing sometimes as well as on all Cardiac/Respiratory Arrests. I'm curious why the closest facility does not suffice in these situations or if it wouldn't be more appropriate for a cardiac requirement?

Thanks

Keep in mind that the ability of the ALS Fly Car to assist a BLS Ambulance does not work yet so results may not be accurate down the road.

I'm just asking if this would be even possible. Agencies that use the EMD also have it where say on Priority A if an Engine and Ambulance respond they both respond to the scene without lights and sirens. I can't remember the exact functions of the others but it eventually leads to all units required responding with lights and sirens. Is there a way that we could implement and select whether our units would use lights and sirens or no lights and sirens?

This is actually totally based on local protocol though the IAED does give recommendation of how they suggest it is done. For instance I'm a paramedic in two states who utilize the same EMD program. One agency for a BLS call the FD responds emergently as the closest unit and the ambulance responds normal travel (all of our ambulances are ALS) on Bravos and only the ambulance in Alphas normal travel. In the other state the system I work in has BLS Ambulances and ALS Fly Cars only. Every call no matter what is an ALS emergent response in that system so much so that PD cannot even request a BLS or ALS response it is always a full response.

That is something that currently would be quite difficult to implement because it would have to be tied to each code which could take quite a long time. At the moment it is tied to the type of call. As I say it’s a good idea but it will take a lot of time so probably won’t happen just yet.

Makes perfect sense, thanks.

Did you know WDC is now on the fourth page of the alliance list? WDC is doing great work in a short time with not many members. If you wanna join a great team no matter your experience in the game come check us out.

We're here to help newbies learn the game and have an open discord community to chat about the game, emergency services, and other interests as well.

That is correct: BLS is an appropriate response for some seizure calls or unresponsive calls. Remember the unresponsive card is used on near syncope and people who are now conscious and alert. As for seizures is a known epileptic is postictal and breathing then there is really no need for ALS unless they have multiple seizures or status epilepticus.

On another note: When BLS units transport they should not require specialty services like neuro, trauma, etc. If you have a patient requiring urgent specialty services they likely would require ALS.