Ability to choose EMS Transport vehicle

• On some calls, a patient requires transport to a hospital that is a very long distance away, and because you don't know what a patient's needs prior to the call and you may only have a ground based unit on scene.

So as opposed to simple having that ground based unit drive and take an extremely long time to get there and then all the way back, it would be nice to be able to send a helicopter to the call after the patient had been treated and have them transport them instead.

There are also times where I send both a ground unit and a helicopter to a call and I can't specify which unit will transport the patient.

• as a way of switching between ground and air EMS. You can cancel the ambulance on scene when the helicopter is there, it will then change the patient care to the helicopter and not the ground ambulance.

This only works if the ambulance is treating the patient, once its requested to be allocated a hospital the helicopter can no longer transport the patient.

• This only works if the ambulance is treating the patient, once its requested to be allocated a hospital the helicopter can no longer transport the patient.

If I understand your reply correctly, it's not entirely correct... I have had several times now, multiple ambulances requesting to transport a patient to the hospital, if you cancel the specific ambulance, the patient will automatically be transferred to the next available ambulance and or HEMS. If you only have the HEMS available and cancel said ambulance the patient can be transported via HEMS to hospital.

If you mean to say that once you have pressed the transport requested button and are in the loading screen to choose which hospital then as far as I know you are correct, it cannot be changed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!