Adding Notes to Incidents Not Share with Alliance

• Hi,

I'd like to see the ability to add incident notes even when the job isn't shared with the alliance.

Once it is shared, they can see those notes and add their own etc.

This would allow for further realism and when a job is shared they can see notes which have already been put in.

Thanks,

Nick

NF14 - Content Adviser Team (UK)
    Ex Emergency Operations Centre Staff
    Current Operational Ambulance Staff

• This would be fantastic for majors and alliance missions above what we can already do.. Id love to see this implemented

• I'm curious, I'm not against the idea at all but I'm just wondering what you imagine this being used for? What sort of things would be typed in to the notes prior to it being a shared call?

Mainly details around the incident - updates from first arriving vehicles. Reasons for sending them etc.
    Though it's not strictly necessary information, it's a nicety that is all part of the fun within the game.

E.G: 979 MADE PT CONTACT - REQUESTING HEMS
    Then once the mission is shared you could put: "EOC^HEMS DESK - IS (CALLSIGN) AVAILABLE" for example.. Then get your response and deployment from alliance resource.

• Yeah ours does too (I'm assuming they probably all do).
    I was just wondering what the point of adding the incident notes to calls that haven't been shared to the alliance is. I can't imagine anyone bothering with the roleplay on their own calls, I'm sure that would last about 5 mins. Roleplay and incident notes are all about sharing with other people, hence why the notes section only appears once a call is shared.

• Yeah ours does too (I'm assuming they probably all do).
    I was just wondering what the point of adding the incident notes to calls that haven't been shared to the alliance is. I can't imagine anyone bothering with the roleplay on their own calls, I'm sure that would last about 5 mins. Roleplay and incident notes are all about sharing with other people, hence why the notes section only appears once a call is shared.

It's easier to have an incident built up bit by bit and add notes as it would be done in real life - then when it's shared you send a single message to be shared and they can see the rest so they know what's going on as opposed to you sharing then writing out a whole load of stuff.

• It's easier to have an incident built up bit by bit and add notes as it would be done in real life - then when it's shared you send a single message to be shared and they can see the rest so they know what's going on as opposed to you sharing then writing out a whole load of stuff

I see what you mean. It might be just me but I tend to share calls early though, I don't hold on to them for a while and dispatch/wait for units to arrive and build up a "role play scenario" prior to sharing.
    If I ever want to type some considerable notes on a call (I often do with shared custom alliance missions) and I don't want to have to type it all out after I have shared the call I just type them beforehand (just in notepad or word or similar) and copy the text then just hit paste into the call notes when I share it. Could be a work around idea for you.

• I see what you mean. It might be just me but I tend to share calls early though, I don't hold on to them for a while and dispatch/wait for units to arrive and build up a "role play scenario" prior to sharing.If I ever want to type some considerable notes on a call (I often do with shared custom alliance missions) and I don't want to have to type it all out after I have shared the call I just type them beforehand (just in notepad or word or similar) and copy the text then just hit paste into the call notes when I share it. Could be a work around idea for you.

Could be - though it might also be useful to note when you stand a vehicle down and divert it to another call so you can keep track of what has happened to each vehicle and where it is etc. Sometimes just having notes in an organised format and know where to find them would be very helpful!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!