HEMS Rendezvous Points

• Hello I'd like to propose a new building-like feature: an HEMS/Ambulance rendezvous point.

As you may know, some hospitals that accept HEMS patients do not have a dedicated on-site helipad for air ambulances to land, instead the air ambulance will land at a designated rendezvous point, say a nearby park, where patients are transferred to land ambulance to complete transport to hospital. an example of this in my area is the Royal Gwent hospital in Newport, South Wales. in this case the helicopter lands in Tredegar Park at the edge of newport and transported the rest of the way by land.

My suggestion would be a building like feature where you send the air ambulance and a land ambulance to meet before the land ambulance continues the journey. I propose this works in one of 3 ways:

• The RVP will be linked to the designated hospital, so when you choose the hospital as the air ambulance's destination, it automatically flies to the RVP where an ambulance is automatically dispatched and then automatically moves drives to the hospital.
    • You have to specifically send the air ambulance to the RVP, which designated a hospital and the land ambulance (which is either automatically dispatched the RVP or the player has to dispatch one there) automatically makes it way to the hospital once the transfer is done.
    • You send the Air Ambulance and a land ambulance to the RVP from which you they choose the destination of the land ambulance.

Obviously using which method is easiest or best to implement. [hopefully they make sense]
    The RVP would either have low cost to build, or be free to build. or could even be possible expansion for hospitals if that would work?

This idea I think will bring even more realism to the game, since there's the extra strategic planning required make for a swift transfer, as well as the negating to potential issue of sending helicopters to those hospitals with no helipad for those of us players who try to keep it as real as possible.

Sorry for such a long post but I many ideas regarding this, including a possible expansion for hospitals to have helipads, therefor HEMS can only be sent to helipad equipped hospitals - whic would also give the RVP suggestion even more of a reason to exist.

I should probably stop now but I hope you consider these ideas. Cheers, Jordie.

• As much as I am all for realism in the game feel this would be added complexity that would slow play down.

I am working to build a very accurate setup for what I'm doing on the Scottish Islands. If I was to go for full on realism I'd be wanting airports added as a means to transport patients. As it is very common for some emergency transfers from the islands to be by plane to Glasgow airport then onto either the PA in Paisley or to the QEUH in Glasgow each stage would need a RVP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!