What about a redesign of graphic packs pages ?

• Hello there.

Here is a quick request that, I'm sure would be appreciated by all graphics creators of this community.

I noticed, each time I'm updating my missions graphic pack, I'm sometimes forgetting which mission I'm editing and I'm losing a lot of time in loading a lot of pages. This feeling is more present since now we are adding all mondays missions each month.

Actually, when you need to update a graphic pack (I'll use mission graphic pack as example but it can applies to units graphic pack aswell), you'll have to select the EDIT button of the desired pack, then you need to select the related mission you need to edit, then click to the EDIT button (with the pen) that lead you to another page (missionchief.com/mission_graphics/[Number ID of your graphic pack]/mission_graphic_images/[Number ID of the mission]/edit)
    And then, we have a new page, without ANY title or mission name, where we can upload icons for each state the game use.

My suggestion is : When we open the Pack Editing page (missionchief.com/mission_graphics/[Number ID of your graphic pack]/edit), you can select the related mission by clicking on the pen button to edit the desired mission. No changes here. But, instead of loading to you a new page, why can't we have directly the content of the mission editing page (where you can upload your icons and save) on the same page without any needs to load a new page ?

I can't imagine a new player who wants to create a new pack tomorrow, edit the actual 480+ missions we have 1 by 1. By this critic, I'm thinking about tomorrow. The tomorrow we'll have in 3, 4, 5 years when MCUS will probably have something like 650-700 missions (and even more on LSS).

I understand the time needed for recoding a feature already working great. I also have complaints of loading times. Loading times can be long considering the server usage (we already have several slowdowns issues since the pandemic), if we can avoid too much loadings of a new page redirecting to an other page, redirecting to a previous page, It would be a great benefit for everyone. I also understand having a browser-only player point of view and this new editing feature could display differently for mobile players.

Feel free to share below what you think and other ideas, counter-proposal, especially if you are a graphic pack creator.

• Note: Used translator for the text below because I could not find a good way to explain it in English myself.

I think it could be even better.
    All missions and vehicles have a fixed ID number. Since this will never change, you could also consider a system that uses it.
    Name the files after the ID of the object (with a small adjustment the ID can also just be visible in the list, so you can easily see which mission is what). For example: You have an icon for a forest fire with the ID 101. You name that icon 101.png, then you go to the uploaded one and there you can select and upload all files at once. The system reads the IDs and links them to the missions. The same for the vehicles.

To distinguish between green / yellow / red missions and the different animates for the vehicles you can use an additional tag like "101G.png / 101Y.png 101R.png" and the same for vehicles.

Because you have 1 single uploader, you can select and upload everything at once, the system ensures that the correct IDs are read. You can also upload 1 single file via the same system if you only want to adjust 1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!