Suggestion regarding Apparatuses

• This is my first time ever using a forum so please excuse me if i do something wrong :thumbup:

Ive noticed this while dispatching vehicles to calls that some apparatuses do not count as a "Fire truck". For example, i recently purchased the quint for 25 coins because i work on a quint apparatus. Knowing the abilities of the vehicle, it surprises me that it is not able to be used for extinguishing small fires such as cupboard or wildfires when i have been dispatched IRL to calls on my vehicle to similar situations. My personal opinion would be to classify them as a 'Fire Truck" too but i'm no code junkie so.

Its a tad bit frustrating dispatching the quint to a call then it saying '1 Fire truck needed". When i know that they have a pretty strong pump on them

Also, in the united states it is common to have fire stations include ambulance's in fire stations, and it came to my surprise that there is an "Ambulance station" I don't know if there is some game play mechanics that took precedent over reality (Which if so i completely understand) but that just my thoughts.

• Let me try to help, the quint does act as an engine and ladder so I can't imagine the issue you are referring to except wildfire. Only the type 3 - 7 engines can go to wildfires and count. Unless you misread the mission honestly I can't imagine where a quint won't fill in as a engine.

If you have the regular stations you can upgrade them to take an ambulance, the small stations don't have that ability. Here in the US there are regions that have ambulance stations due to funds not being available to put ambulances around the county. In fact there is a county here in FL that does not have county EMS. It is handled by a private company and they stage the ambulances around the county.

• i recently purchased the quint for 25 coins because i work on a quint apparatus. Knowing the abilities of the vehicle, it surprises me that it is not able to be used for extinguishing small fires such as cupboard or wildfires when i have been dispatched IRL to calls on my vehicle to similar situations. My personal opinion would be to classify them as a 'Fire Truck" too but i'm no code junkie so.

Just for your information, once you reach the captain rank in game you will able to buy them with credits.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!