Quick alarm issues

• So I've noticed a couple times today now that when I click my alarm button I have set up for one ambulance, it sends my Air Med instead of the 13 other ambulances that are closer. Now to put this in perspective I currently have an Acute Asthma in New York city. I have 8 ambulances available in the city ranging from 1 minute away to 6 minutes. When I clicked my alarm for one ambulance it decided to alarm my Air Med which is stationed in Waukesha, Wisconsin, with a 5 hour 5 minute response time. I know I am not the only person this has happened to. Yesterday it happened to one of my alliance members as well. I would attach a screenshot but it doesn't thoroughly show the issue as I could just click on the units before the screenshot.

• I think I know the issue you're having, as I do see it too sometimes if opening a mission and alarming an ambulance using the Alarm and Response Regs Button for that resource type.

From what I understand, the issue is that when your list of resources is loaded, it runs the vehicles current location and the incident location into the routing script. Through the routing script it calculates the time it takes for the vehicle to do that route. It then sorts each one in order of quickest journey time being first on the list. Your Alarm and Response Regs will select the first unit in the list which can be, before the sorting happens, not necessarily the closest or quickest.

With only a small handful of vehicles you don't notice an issue as it happens probably before your device/computer browser can display the list. However when there are bigger number of resources to get routing times for it can cause a delay. I have noticed aircraft appear in the 'pre-sorted list' before land vehicles and have ended up sending an air ambulance further than a land ambulance myself.

I don't think there is a way of optimising this as there is an intense amount of calculations required. It would require these to be practically instant for all vehicles to be able to sort them quicker too.

The other issue I sometimes have is when I quick alarm a fire truck. I check the mission and a fire truck 30 minutes away is deployed when there are many others closer.

My advice would be to just pause before hitting the Alarm and Response Regulation button you have. I will put the post to Sebastian to see if it can be optimised, however.

• What I did, was remove the medical helicopter from the response regulation. When you click on the helicopter, there is an option to remove it from being able to be dispatched with the response plan. In order to dispatch it, you'd have to physically check the box to dispatch it. That's how you can fix the issue of it being selected for dispatch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!