Airport POI's

• I have a question regarding the airport POI's, is the to runways defining runway length or size of the airport as I have Heathrow which has 8 ARFF's and I have Norwich which has 3 (it has 4 but I needed a Type 1 there) so I want to know if I have enough ARFF's for the calls that I will receive

• The POI's defines the size of the airport. Generally speaking;

- Small - General Aviation (Small/light prop aircraft and similar)
    - Large - Commercial Aircraft (Passenger Aircraft/Large Cargo)
    - Terminal - Any airport with a building that has customers (this basically spawns all relevant existing POI's plus a few extras)

Then do this per active runways, putting a POI on each one. Aviation Authorities (CAA, FAA etc) require ARFF for each active runway so an incident on one runway would not leave another runway short of the required emergency vehicles. So the principle being per runway, so for two runways you will probably need two fire stations or at least expand to facilitate two lots of equipment if wanting to be realistic.

What I proposed to Sebastian for a Large Aircraft Crash (thus requiring a large airport POI) is;

ARFF Crash Tender4
    Bataillon chief unit2
    Firetruck2
    Ambulance(as required, 5-25 patients)
    Police4

I cant say what he actually chose to do until it's release, but I can't see him going too far off this. The Battalion Chief Unit is what you will use as a Ground Op's vehicle.

• That's what I thought, thanks for confirming, how much is police going to be needed as I will have to either save up about 12 million credits or buy coins just to cover my area

• This is how I setup my POIs. Are these too many?

No

I have a question regarding the airport POI's, is the to runways defining runway length or size of the airport as I have Heathrow which has 8 ARFF's and I have Norwich which has 3 (it has 4 but I needed a Type 1 there) so I want to know if I have enough ARFF's for the calls that I will receive

8 Crash Tender? I have at 8 LAX only 2

• This is how I setup my POIs. Are these too many?

Well, the idea is that it's only one POI per runway. I don't know if having more POIs' will increase the call demand or not.

The idea being that we didn't believe a call would generate more than once on a POI at any one time. So if you had a crash on a runway, no further incident could occur (of course, if you're dealing with an aircraft crash you're not going to then get an engine fire on the runway on a different incident).

By all means keep it like that. If you have problems then it's a case of deleting the POI by clicking the marker, so not an issue really as POI's don't cost to setup. It may work better for you how you have it. I would be interested to hear feedback once the system goes live (we're talking a matter of a few days now) to see how you get on and if there are any issues having it setup that way.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!