Co-Responder Training

• Hi All

Applogies if this has been asked before

With The Fire Co-Responder Training , Will it only have effect if used on units in the Corosponding Co-Responder Car , Or if i train up Guys on Say the Rescue Pumps Will it have any Benefit (my guess is it is simlar to the police medic in that the unit can preform basic? first aid while waiting for a ambulance / rrv / gp ?

• I'm pretty sure they have to be in a Co-Responder car, but not 100% sure if they'll work on another vehicle.

When in a Co-Responder car, though, they act as a regular RRV as far as I can figure - just cant be trained to critical care level as you could with a paramedic in an RRV/GP. However I don't really find them much use as by the time it's got there and you find out you need an ambulance anyway, you might as well have only sent the ambulance - much like an CFR/RRV/GP.

• As stated they need to be in the appropriate vehicle.

They are a useless investment as they can do very little.

You are best building up a ambulance only fleet and using that, it will clear calls quicker and if combined with Ambulance Officer you can eliminate transports too.

• They are pretty much useless within the game - but in the real world they are usually based out of a rural fire station and respond much like a community first responder, being sent to say a cardiac arrest to provide early CPR and defibrillation while waiting for an ambulance (typically quite a distance away) to arrive and complete treatment/transport. Although unlike most basic CFRs, Co-Responders do have the the training and equipment to administer oxygen/airway management and Entonox/basic pain relief. This is why they use a seperate responder car to carry this equipment and quickly negotiate tight rural roads.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!