Distances in Miles

• I'm seeing distances in miles in game.

On the UK server?

Oh wait yes; I see miles as the unit used for a vehicle's Total distance & Mission window, but in km in direct dispatch in the vehicle's window & on transport requests.

A little constancy wouldn't go a miss

• It's not a major issue really.

It is also can be a very inaccurate measuring system as it uses a direct measure of distance and not the actual road distance. Direct is great for Helicopter and Boats but can be utterly useless for land vehicles.

I've got several situations where I need to often select a different destination as it is closer by road than the first one suggested. Got one where the closest station is 2 miles away direct but over other side of a river and the actual distance to it is 15 miles. The actual closest by road station is 3 miles away and you need to pass it to go to the other one any way, there are actually 6 stations closer by road.

• There are only 3 countries in the world that are officially non-metric. We shouldn't pander to this kind of mental laziness.

Such a nice way to put it doesn't take into account people in those countries who may have a disability and would struggle extremely with a change. For some it isn't mental laziness but hey we suffer ignorant people we need to pander to.

• It's not a major issue really.

It is also can be a very inaccurate measuring system as it uses a direct measure of distance and not the actual road distance. Direct is great for Helicopter and Boats but can be utterly useless for land vehicles.

I've got several situations where I need to often select a different destination as it is closer by road than the first one suggested. Got one where the closest station is 2 miles away direct but over other side of a river and the actual distance to it is 15 miles. The actual closest by road station is 3 miles away and you need to pass it to go to the other one any way, there are actually 6 stations closer by road.

This is a fair point, I had had not considered that particular scenario as the I haven't had that myself.

Although I still think consistency across the server should be considered. All distances should be in the same units across the server (whether that's miles or km).

There are only 3 countries in the world that are officially non-metric. We shouldn't pander to this kind of mental laziness.

Considering there are country specific servers, this argument is stupid and frankly uncalled for. By all means use metric on a countries server that uses metric, but for those countries that don't, at least have the option (as the original suggestion was).

• This is a fair point, I had had not considered that particular scenario as the I haven't had that myself.

Although I still think consistency across the server should be considered. All distances should be in the same units across the server (whether that's miles or km).

Consistency would be a good start.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!